Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

And my god, can we all just take a minute to realise that in the same room we have exodus and magneto, magneto and apocalypse, apocalypse and sinister, sinister and cyclops, cyclops and jean, jean and Emma Frost, emma and sebastian shaw...

If storm and nightcrawler were into drama, they'd be heating that popcorn, this is epic.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I am not going to read too much into relationship stuff right now.

What I loved is seeing Emma and Jean making an effort to get along with each other, even if they are a bit snarky. Honestly, I think that they might appreciate that about each other, that they are at the point now where they can make sarcastic fun of each other without getting into a fight about it. Right down to going for drinks after the meeting.

I love it, I hope this is an ongoing thing for them to be friendly when they cross paths and even work together on occasion.
    I hope this sets the tone for thei Giant-Size issue. No stupid "cat fights" just them being friendly and possibly arguing over a disagreement but with this kind of tone.

The MOST energy(?) we're getting is Shaw casually pointing at Kurt, Scott accosting(?) Jean from behind, Emma owl-craning her neck, Shaw again picking his teeth this time(?), and then Mystique with her feet propped against the table.

Disappointing figure work.

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    And my god, can we all just take a minute to realise that in the same room we have exodus and magneto, magneto and apocalypse, apocalypse and sinister, sinister and cyclops, cyclops and jean, jean and Emma Frost, emma and sebastian shaw...

If storm and nightcrawler were into drama, they'd be heating that popcorn, this is epic.
    It's a couple words away from literally exploding lol! I love this status quo.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I hope this sets the tone for thei Giant-Size issue. No stupid "cat fights" just them being friendly and possibly arguing over a disagreement but with this kind of tone.
    Jean have enough reasons to fight Emma.

I just not down on "all women have to be friends"

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    The MOST energy(?) we're getting is Shaw casually pointing at Kurt, Scott accosting(?) Jean from behind, Emma owl-craning her neck, Shaw again picking his teeth this time(?), and then Mystique with her feet propped against the table.

Disappointing figure work.
    Mystique is flashing everyone.

Mystique is flashing everyone.
    Mystique has been Grumpycatting since getting her seat in the first place. She like "I'm gonna act out till y'all gimme my Destiny already"

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

apocalypse and sinister
    Cyclops or Jean being on good terms with Sinister or Apocalypse feels weird. I know they have hurt many other X-men but specially these two
    Oh and Cable too, he is also the result of tons of Apocalypse and Sinister drama

and of course going for drinks, that's very important. Probably after Emma and Jean free Storm, then all three of them kick the villain's ass together, and then Jean suggests that they all go for drinks and fun times together after the excitement, and of course Emma agrees to pay because she's a good friend!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

BANNED

This is interesting......the Savage Land.

That little back n forth thing with Jean and Emma is really funny.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Nice opening. I think it was a great display of certain characters and their shared histories and relationships contrasting with them being council members. I took Jean's statement on borrowing things as a call back to her" borrowing" both Storm and her bodies at a time, Iceman included in that group also.

The shoes comment could be a reference to Jean implying Emma is trying to walk in her shoes, on several levels including being a romantic interest to Scott. Good stuff.

Vicious, absolutely vicious.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Jean got big feet. CANON.

And small ankles and wrists per NXM, she makes up for it all with a really buff mind though!

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I miss Pepe. I miss R.B. I cannot help but believe everything in this book would feel/sound/translate so much better with their gorgeous work guiding we readers.

Everything is SO STIFF. SO life LESS. There is no nuance. There is no subtlety. Its just blank stares and weird grabbing people from behind?
    Say it again, Hickman's dialogue can sometimes be stiff the art sharing those qualities is NOT good thing. The art in HOX/POX spoiled us, although tbf I've wondered why can't we keep the best artists hell the Avengers held a monopoly on them for years!

It is definitely incredible having all those bug personalities in one space, imagine if they ever pooled their abilities to face a major threat?

An improvement on much of the recent dialogue in this series still a ways to go, but I did enjoy the interactions between Jean and Emma. Only thing I'd change is I'd make their conversation telepathic alas NXM where they would casually speak telepathically.

Also I didn't take Jean's borrowing comment as a statement on the current interpersonal relationships between Jean/Scott/Emma I thought it was more shade on a combination of things. Such as their history, their former/current relationships, place within the X-men etc.
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 11-28-2019 at 01:30 PM.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I almost thought this was the preview for the Giant-Size since it's all about Emma and Jean

I am glad there is some bitterness between them still although it did feel smoothed over quickly

Well that's all we were shown so :shrug: not much more to go on here
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Nah. that is not how things work
    It is now! Ha.