Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    iMan 42s

Well the arc and event **** the bed.

Over the course of this arc we learned;
    -In 2019 Spider-man 2099 would go to Peter to prevent an unknown catastrophe that wiped out his version of the future.
    -Spider-man of 2019 would then confront Doctor Doom of that year and prevent him from causing the the world to declare war on Latveria. Except that's what ends up happening a few weeks later in Doom's own book for unrelated reasons that came out before ASM.

So as the arc establishes, it means jack-****. Because Doom already got invaded, surrendered, even sniped by a hitman, a short time later for unrelated reasons in what is half the time.

Over in 2099 we have three separate origins for this continuity which are all treated as being the origin;
    -An issue caused in 2019 (presumed with the Spider-man versus Doom conflict) causes the catastrophe that alters the existing 2099.
    -An unrelated hero versus hero conflict causes Doom to wipe the memories of every hero and villain, Reed Richards would be present for this.
    -Doom commits an unknown catastrophe and in Latveria is confronted by Reed Richards who is then sent into the future.

Now sure the issue could be caused by Latveria being seen as an aggressor, but why are there three alternate origins of this timeline in the same event? To make matters even more confusing is that the Doom that's the big problem in the future also isn't Doctor Doom. The Doom of the 2099 book is Doom in Reed Richards body. So who the Hell is the guy in blue? Doom following this doesn't rejoin the timeline until that book so who is this guy?
    It's three different origins in the same book to confront the guy who isn't the same character from any of the three origins.

Miguel is back in the past despite what happened in the last book because shut up and apparently that Miguel will grow into the old man who will live through not-Doom to inspire himself. Also that origin can **** right off as there wasn't a single problem with Miguel's old origin that making it convoluted like this would make better.

If you just wanted a new 2099 book, just relaunch it. The future changes and there wasn't that much in the old timeline that you couldn't work with or around. Yeah a new Spider-man 2099 book except his new origin sucks is a great hook isn't it? This event blows and everybody on-board can do better.
    D+
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Well the arc and event **** the bed.

Over the course of this arc we learned;
    -In 2019 Spider-man 2099 would go to Peter to prevent an unknown catastrophe that wiped out his version of the future.
    -Spider-man of 2019 would then confront Doctor Doom of that year and prevent him from causing the the world to declare war on Latveria. Except that's what ends up happening a few weeks later in Doom's own book for unrelated reasons that came out before ASM.

So as the arc establishes, it means jack-****. Because Doom already got invaded, surrendered, even sniped by a hitman, a short time later for unrelated reasons in what is half the time.

Over in 2099 we have three separate origins for this continuity which are all treated as being the origin;
    -An issue caused in 2019 (presumed with the Spider-man versus Doom conflict) causes the catastrophe that alters the existing 2099.
    -An unrelated hero versus hero conflict causes Doom to wipe the memories of every hero and villain, Reed Richards would be present for this.
    -Doom commits an unknown catastrophe and in Latveria is confronted by Reed Richards who is then sent into the future.

Now sure the issue could be caused by Latveria being seen as an aggressor, but why are there three alternate origins of this timeline in the same event? To make matters even more confusing is that the Doom that's the big problem in the future also isn't Doctor Doom. The Doom of the 2099 book is Doom in Reed Richards body. So who the Hell is the guy in blue? Doom following this doesn't rejoin the timeline until that book so who is this guy?
    It's three different origins in the same book to confront the guy who isn't the same character from any of the three origins.

Miguel is back in the past despite what happened in the last book because shut up and apparently that Miguel will grow into the old man who will live through not-Doom to inspire himself. Also that origin can **** right off as there wasn't a single problem with Miguel's old origin that making it convoluted like this would make better.

If you just wanted a new 2099 book, just relaunch it. The future changes and there wasn't that much in the old timeline that you couldn't work with or around. Yeah a new Spider-man 2099 book except his new origin sucks is a great hook isn't it? This event blows and everybody on-board can do better.
    D+
    I am giving it a D ( as in Doom and disappointed). I am waiting to see if we finally get the Kindred mystery solved and have no more 2099 stuff.

#36 was great but it made me REALLY miss Gleason. Imagine his version of these pages.

Anyway this and 2099 are different stories that were linked for marketing purposes. The event exists because the idea came about because of the timing and Spencer caught the bug because he loves 2099. The event has been much better than this arc, but I think he did a good job turning the ASM stuff in a solid story with these last two issues.

Thanks for no preview, Marvel. Now I can't make a thread.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    #36 was great but it made me REALLY miss Gleason. Imagine his version of these pages.

Anyway this and 2099 are different stories that were linked for marketing purposes. The event exists because the idea came about because of the timing and Spencer caught the bug because he loves 2099. The event has been much better than this arc, but I think he did a good job turning the ASM stuff in a solid story with these last two issues.

Thanks for no preview, Marvel. Now I can't make a thread.
    Thanks for summing it up for us, Snoop Dogg. Would explain why it was such a tangled web, so to speak.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    who makes Theresa's wings?
    Tinkerer did it while pretending to be his good brother, and so far they haven't changed that.

Anyways, this arc was just wack for me, and when I think it's not going to get worse, the art style gets worse too...

I have no idea why this was connected with 2099, since all Miguel did was be a battery for the Clairvoyant, it's hard to wrap my head how ridiculous and wasteful this is, if I was a Miguel fan, I'd be pissed lol.

It's also funny that Clairvoyant somehow missed Chameleon's and that evil queen chick's entire plan... So much for near perfect accuracy, her boasting in the end with a "Everything went according to the plan" also annoyes me, but I just dislike this trope in general, any time a villain does a plan that relies on a colossal amount of luck, and then they think they're awesome for succeeding, that's them and most times, the narrative, overrating the character's intelligence, specially since #35 avoided this with Chameleon saying "What the ****, I didn't think Doom would come here!", then the very next issue has that evil queen saying it was all part of the plan, that just annoys me.

The story was longer than it needed, had a pointless connection with 2099, and eventually any sort of interesting potential was gone and it was just a chore to read.

So yeah, 4/10 (For both #35 and #36).

Now hopefully we'll get the good Spencer stuff on the next issues, 'cause I sure miss that.