Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 40 of 40
  1. #31
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    76

    Default

    #34 was nice but this issue sucked big time. As does the entire 2099 'event'. Marvel is really piling up the non-Events these days.

  2. #32
    Fantastic Member Spidey5640's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    350

    Default

    Whole lot of nothing in this one for me. The whole 2099 thing isn't grabbing me, Doom as a villain here is ruined for me by the events going on in his own series and the dialogue for spidey makes him look like an idiot. Hope Spencer gets back on track soon.

  3. #33

    Default

    Shame Patrick Gleason's first Spider-Man story is such a dud.

  4. #34
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,206

    Default

    This 2099 "event" hasn't exactly been gangbusters but I wouldn't call it a total bust. If nothing else, I've actually really dug the one-shots that have accompanied it. The main story in ASM, unfortunately, has felt kind of flat. With ASM #35, this continues to be Spencer's weakest ASM arc but, as with the previous issues, there's still some cool stuff to enjoy.

    I liked Spidey and Teresa's teamwork and chemistry here. Also appreciated the shout outs to Peter's fake parents and the Clone Conspiracy. And having the Clairvoyant and Lyla come together was a nice way to bring those two threads together.

    Best of all, though, is that there's just one more issue to go and then we can get back to regular ASM!

  5. #35
    Spider-Fan Since '95 WebSlingWonder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    This 2099 "event" hasn't exactly been gangbusters but I wouldn't call it a total bust. If nothing else, I've actually really dug the one-shots that have accompanied it. The main story in ASM, unfortunately, has felt kind of flat. With ASM #35, this continues to be Spencer's weakest ASM arc but, as with the previous issues, there's still some cool stuff to enjoy.

    I liked Spidey and Teresa's teamwork and chemistry here. Also appreciated the shout outs to Peter's fake parents and the Clone Conspiracy. And having the Clairvoyant and Lyla come together was a nice way to bring those two threads together.

    Best of all, though, is that there's just one more issue to go and then we can get back to regular ASM!
    Praise the Lord: back to normal!!! I'm so ready for this all to be over.
    The Amazing, Spectacular, Sensational Web-Slinger!

  6. #36
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    15

    Default

    This issue, and outside Kindred, this run isn't working for me.

    The marriage fans (like me) can't keep leaning on Peter and MJ together again to justify the run as a good one. There's no depth to their relationship in this run anyway. It's another poorly executed part of the run.

    By the way, what happened with Doom post secret wars? He was a good guy. I loved the character development. A part of him is supposed to be on the Council of Reeds (I think Chip wrote the issue, i can't remember what book it was in... Marvel Two in One?) and he's back to ego maniac again? Slott's first story has him bringing Galactus to Earth and Reed's fighting him not addressing Secret Wars? Typical Slott paying no service to recent continuity.

  7. #37
    Astonishing Member Revolutionary_Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    3,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RyanParkerMan View Post
    By the way, what happened with Doom post secret wars? He was a good guy. I loved the character development. A part of him is supposed to be on the Council of Reeds (I think Chip wrote the issue, i can't remember what book it was in... Marvel Two in One?) and he's back to ego maniac again? Slott's first story has him bringing Galactus to Earth and Reed's fighting him not addressing Secret Wars? Typical Slott paying no service to recent continuity.
    After Secret Wars 2015,
    -- Doom was in Bendis' Infamous Iron Man. When Bendis quit Marvel, he abruptly ended his run with Doom scarred again and in a metal costume.
    -- During this phase, Hero Doom showed up in Zdarsky's 2-in-1.
    -- When Slott restarted Fantastic Four, he had Doom relapse again.

    Slott was working what he got with Doom scarred and in costume again but I agree that he hasn't written Doom well in his series. If you want a well written Doom check out Christopher Cantwell's brilliant miniseries with Salvador Larocca. It's shaping up to be part of the Doom pantheon.

  8. #38
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    After Secret Wars 2015,
    -- Doom was in Bendis' Infamous Iron Man. When Bendis quit Marvel, he abruptly ended his run with Doom scarred again and in a metal costume.
    -- During this phase, Hero Doom showed up in Zdarsky's 2-in-1.
    -- When Slott restarted Fantastic Four, he had Doom relapse again.

    Slott was working what he got with Doom scarred and in costume again but I agree that he hasn't written Doom well in his series. If you want a well written Doom check out Christopher Cantwell's brilliant miniseries with Salvador Larocca. It's shaping up to be part of the Doom pantheon.
    Slott not writting Doom well. I admit to not reading FF ( I simply will not waste my time with anything he touches), but based on what he did with Peter, MJ & Felicia, I am not the least bit shocked.

  9. #39
    The Celestial Dragon Tien Long's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    NY/NJ Area
    Posts
    1,583

    Default

    After reading this issue the first time, I was going to join in on the criticisms. Yeah, I was genuinely confused with this issue. I was looking forward to the Spider-Man 2099 crossover, but there wasn't any of it in this issue (except maybe for the Clairvoyant). Plus, the dialogue had me scratching my head at times. Why was Peter confused that Chameleon was working for Latveria and Skymaria (sp?). Why was Theresa so pissed? Was I reading this correctly? Plus, the art.....yeah, it needed some work.

    So, what I did was reread the story starting with the previous issues, just to catch up. Okay, things are starting to make a bit more sense and I'm more up to speed with the storyline now. Still, my initial complaints persist. Thought Miguel was going to be in the story. But he dropped out, so he's not anymore? Is Doom 2099 connected with the army of Doombots taking control of the city? And yeah, I miss Gleason's art.

    This wasn't a bad issue, but I was lost in certain points. The art could have been better as well.
    "I am a man of peace."

    "A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

  10. #40
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    After reading this issue the first time, I was going to join in on the criticisms. Yeah, I was genuinely confused with this issue. I was looking forward to the Spider-Man 2099 crossover, but there wasn't any of it in this issue (except maybe for the Clairvoyant). Plus, the dialogue had me scratching my head at times. Why was Peter confused that Chameleon was working for Latveria and Skymaria (sp?). Why was Theresa so pissed? Was I reading this correctly? Plus, the art.....yeah, it needed some work.

    So, what I did was reread the story starting with the previous issues, just to catch up. Okay, things are starting to make a bit more sense and I'm more up to speed with the storyline now. Still, my initial complaints persist. Thought Miguel was going to be in the story. But he dropped out, so he's not anymore? Is Doom 2099 connected with the army of Doombots taking control of the city? And yeah, I miss Gleason's art.

    This wasn't a bad issue, but I was lost in certain points. The art could have been better as well.
    Theresa was pissed because Chameleon killed a person dear to her, so for her going against him is personal.

    Peter was confused that Chameleon was a double agent, but literally for a nanosecond, he says like “But Chameleon is working for Sable...oh I get it” so it’s not he comes out as dumb, he is in a hurry trying to solve a very complex situation and when given a contradictory information he needs a second to understand and adjust to it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •