Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    So you’re playing purist with her power levels? Do you do that with everyone or just the ladies? Carol’s cosmic powers were established decades ago during her Binary period, and even when Busiek brought her levels down he established the energy absorption that still allows her to achieve those levels. She’s steadily increased in power in the two decades since. It’s not like a switch was flipped and she’s suddenly overpowered.
    Yea it's not like it's a switch

main-qimg-56bc05cc1254ccb8883bcd0a8394ec3f.jpg
    main-qimg-0c3d266ef6c4470010a66d099d68d768.jpg
    main-qimg-d84b09741ce3fc7ed2e09af15429fc0e.jpg

4-5 years ago she couldn't even bother the Hulk, nowadays she goes toe to toe with Thor and im waiting for a valid explanation for it, since i don't believe she got a permanent power boost in between those years.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    If BC and AD aren’t accurate then BCE and CE are just as inaccurate. 2019 is still 2019. No surprise that your college professors used BCE. We all know how one sided they are. I never heard of BCE until I read it here at Marvel. Everyone I know or have ever met refer to it as BC and AD. I assume the vast majority of the world as well. Never in grade school, middle school, high school or college have I ever heard it referenced as BCE. Regardless I dropped anything Aaron is writing. He made Thor look like a buffoon and is turning the Avengers into his own personal prehistoric team. I’ll be glad when he leaves Marvel like Bendis did.
    Interesting. Yes, much of the world ties their calendars to the Gregorian calendar, but trust me when I say that it isn't the only calendar extant. Both the Chinese calendar and the Jewish/Hebrew calendars are used by their respective cultures. Here in the US most people think the Gregorian calendar is the final authority, but then this is a country where the majority of the population thinks that Constitutional provisions for religious freedom pertain to only Christians. It's not my intention to get you to change whether you use BC/AD over CE/BCE. I'm simply pointing out the fact that the person responsible for defining BC and AD was himself not quite sure of exact dates, ignored other previously established standards, and may have been influenced politically into the ambiguity inherent in those terms.

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Yea it's not like it's a switch

main-qimg-56bc05cc1254ccb8883bcd0a8394ec3f.jpg
    main-qimg-0c3d266ef6c4470010a66d099d68d768.jpg
    main-qimg-d84b09741ce3fc7ed2e09af15429fc0e.jpg

4-5 years ago she couldn't even bother the Hulk, nowadays she goes toe to toe with Thor and im waiting for a valid explanation for it, since i don't believe she got a permanent power boost in between those years.
    LMAO. Hulk always got more respect than Thor.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Not sure why any of this is surprising considering the current state of Marvel Comics. It's a shame, but not at all shocking.

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

The melodramatic sense of entitlement in this thread is truly eye rolling. Carol is a cosmic badass, and there’s a lot about this story we still don’t know. Thor’s fictional manhood is still intact, and he’s about to have what will no doubt be an epic run by a writer who loves writing rock star gods. All will be well!
    Hmm...

They were bad mostly because Lemire can’t write superhero team books anywhere approaching the quality of his solo and creator-owned work, and Dennis Hopeless didn’t really have a hook for his book.

And also Storm running from a cloud makes no goddess-damned sense. Talk about a macro-aggression.
    I’m just sick of ineffectual Storm. Writers seem to have a fetish for either knocking her down a peg or sacrificing her to prop up the latest and greatest looming threat. They’d never let Cyclops or Logan be presented that way. Hoping we’re at the end of these micro-aggressions and the beginning of something better.
    Hypocrite.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha to Omega View Post
    Hmm...

Hypocrite.
    ''Jobbing and bad characterisation are okay if it isn't my favorite character.''
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Rebirth DC characters have been pretty lackluster.

I don’t get the issue with The Carol other then the fact they made him seem heavily reliant on the hammer. They both came off as powerhouses during the fight and Carol has been shown to getting more powerful in recent years. A little disappointed Binary didn’t come into play though.

I’m more curious to what she did to his hammer and if someone helped her in that instance.
    Binary came into play in the end if the fiery hair is any indication... although these days they don't seem to draw her with red skin (as seen in this book and the ultimates)

I wonder if someone helped her make the hammer disappear or if she pulled one of her tricks of making a vortex as binary

in the latter case she managed to generate and channel enough energy that it dwarfed quasar's to the extent he considered epoch (eon's offspring for Marv's fans) may have found an omnipotent or cosmic being
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 12-01-2019 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Not sure why any of this is surprising considering the current state of Marvel Comics. It's a shame, but not at all shocking.
    Immortal Hulk and Spencer Spider-Man are good though.

Can't wait for Ewing's take on GOTG.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

As I mentioned in another thread, if the story was written better and Thor was higher on the kill list I would've rated the issue higher. This is the same author that had Carol struggling against Radioasstive Man and Rogue and Rogue could probably beat Thor. Get your stories straight.

As for Cates, I'm not sure.

Hmm...

Hypocrite.
    Damn, son.
    "Cable was right!"

Hmm...

Hypocrite.
    Got ‘em. It’s easy to act above it when it’s not your favorite getting jobbed lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Got ‘em. It’s easy to act above it when it’s not your favorite getting jobbed lol.
    Doesn't count cuz heroines are jobbed more than their male counter parts.

/s
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    As I mentioned in another thread, if the story was written better and Thor was higher on the kill list I would've rated the issue higher. This is the same author that had Carol struggling against Radioasstive Man and Rogue and Rogue could probably beat Thor. Get your stories straight.

As for Cates, I'm not sure.

Damn, son.
    Really? Struggling against Chen Lu and Rogue? LOOOL!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Really? Struggling against Chen Lu and Rogue? LOOOL!
    Whoops. It was Nuclear Man. My bad.
    "Cable was right!"

Hmm...

Hypocrite.
    Perfection lol. I've dipped from Aaron's books for a while so I have no idea what anybody in this thread is talking about but this reply did get a laugh out of me

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Whoops. It was Nuclear Man. My bad.
    The Superman IV villain?