Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Hulk and Thor and Herc are the strongest whenever the writer decides they are.
    Correction Hulk,Sentry,Thor, Hercules, Captain Marvel,Blue Marvel, Hyperion,( I am forgetting someone) are the strongest whenever the writer decides they are. The list has grown at Marvel

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Correction Hulk,Sentry,Thor, Hercules, Captain Marvel,Blue Marvel, Hyperion,( I am forgetting someone) are the strongest whenever the writer decides they are. The list has grown at Marvel
    Nova (with the full Nova Force), Classic Odin, Classic Doctor Strange, Silver Surfer, Ghost Rider.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GrandEleven View Post
    I'm going to be that "um actually" guy: Eternity is not multiversal. Every reality has it's own Eternity. The only "confirmed" multiverse beings I'm aware of are The Living Tribunal, Molecule Man (thanks to the Secret Wars), and of course The One Above All. One might assume that would include The One Below All, but it really hasn't been confirmed yet. There there are things like the Beyonders that exist outside the multiverse ... so I don't know if that counts. I guess they would as I think about it, but during their big fight against TLT they had to simultaneously attack from multiple realities which implies they can only exist in one at a time?
    I was talking about multi-eternity, who is multiversal and TOBA is multiversal as well, at least according to statements made from an editor and from Al himself.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GrandEleven View Post
    To be fair, context is key here. In this case, the context is VERY similar to the "Jober Thor" complaint this thread is founded on: that issue is the re-debut of Banner Hulk after literal years of having his corpse be the guest villain of the month to be stomped and jobbed by everyone.

That issue was a statement piece: Hulk is back and Marvel is making him the powerhouse he used to be.

I'm all for a Hulk power-level debate, and I actually believe he is basically the strongest non-cosmic being in the Marvel universe (cross into Galactus realms and he obviously falls off), but I also think it's important to keep the context of the story in mind when posting panels. On any other day the Hulk is _not_ shrugging off Thor AND Hercules like they were mere toddlers. This was a statement issue.

... oh and I loved it.
    This isn't even the first time Hulk has overpowered multiple powerhourses at the same time trying to hold him down though. So it's nothing new, i just wanted to use it as evidence of Hulk outmuscling Hercules, i could have just as easily used this

9Qzo9t2.jpg

Hulk has shrugged off Namor and Surfer at the same time before, he has shrugged of Thor and Ironman at the same time before, he has literally overpowered Hercules with 1 arm before while Hercules was using his entire body to stop him.
    So yea not EVERY writer is gonna write the exact same interaction, but more often than not even outside of a special circumstance of "Hulk coming back from the dead" Hulk will be shown as the stronger character.

Several months after his No Surrender Avengers appearances he one-shot Thor and the rest of the Avengers and a year later he one-shot 4 elite Berserker troops all said to have strength above gods and to be around Hulk level, so i think the character is still going pretty strong.
    Last edited by Intothevoid; 12-08-2019 at 05:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    This isn't even the first time Hulk has overpowered multiple powerhourses at the same time trying to hold him down though. So it's nothing new, i just wanted to use it as evidence of Hulk outmuscling Hercules, i could have just as easily used this

9Qzo9t2.jpg

Hulk has shrugged off Namor and Surfer at the same time before, he has shrugged of Thor and Ironman at the same time before, he has literally overpowered Hercules with 1 arm before while Hercules was using his entire body to stop him.
    So yea not EVERY writer is gonna write the exact same interaction, but more often than not even outside of a special circumstance of "Hulk coming back from the dead" Hulk will be shown as the stronger character.

Several months after his No Surrender Avengers appearances he one-shot Thor and the rest of the Avengers and a year later he one-shot 4 elite Berserker troops all said to have strength above gods and to be around Hulk level, so i think the character is still going pretty strong.
    To be fair, that was Aaron's Jobber Thor (Jobhor? Thobber?) ,not the real Thor, that was one shotted by Immortal Hulk. I remember Classic Thor being the only one capable of going toe to toe with Hulk back in Incredible Hulk #300.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

So here's the official explanation.

Doesn't explain how Carol is able to teleport Mjolnir away though. Also why the Kree refugees needed to go to earth? Why they can't move to one of the 1000+ worlds of the Kree empire?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Doesn't explain how Carol is able to teleport Mjolnir away though. Also why the Kree refugees needed to go to earth? Why they can't move to one of the 1000+ worlds of the Kree empire?
    Im not watching the video but...
    she shot it into Singularity (from a-force) who probably blocked the mjolnir from returning, so its not carol who teleported it, it's singularity who did.

As for the kree refugees... how many of the planets are now habitable (after the nega-bomb)? Plus how many of the planets were conquered by the kree as colonists, who were then kicked out once the kree empire destabilized and wasn't able to maintain its power over the Large magellanic cloud?
    The explanation given in the comic is that the kree's reputation of being warring and conquering means they weren't accepted by many planets, so there are some refugees who came to earth.

Alpha flight under carol was providing refuge to many alien races going back to 2016, ramping up in 2017 (chitauri destroyed many planets on their way), and it seems they're still doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    Im not watching the video but...
    she shot it into Singularity (from a-force) who probably blocked the mjolnir from returning, so its not carol who teleported it, it's singularity who did.

As for the kree refugees... how many of the planets are now habitable (after the nega-bomb)? Plus how many of the planets were conquered by the kree as colonists, who were then kicked out once the kree empire destabilized and wasn't able to maintain its power over the Large magellanic cloud?
    The explanation given in the comic is that the kree's reputation of being warring and conquering means they weren't accepted by many planets, so there are some refugees who came to earth.

Alpha flight under carol was providing refuge to many alien races going back to 2016, ramping up in 2017 (chitauri destroyed many planets on their way), and it seems they're still doing so.
    The video explains that Carol teleported the real Thor and Iron Man in a pocket dimension and she used the head of a Thor clone to trick Vox who blackmailed her that he will blow up all the Kree refugee camps if she doesn't kill the Avengers.

Also i feel the need to show this video again. Thor will Always be stronger than Carol canonically for me.
    Last edited by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree; 12-14-2019 at 05:30 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    The video explains that Carol teleported the real Thor and Iron Man in a pocket dimension and she used the head of a Thor clone to trick Vox who blackmailed her that he will blow up all the Kree refugee camps if she doesn't kill the Avengers.
    well it just explained the whole issue... where was the confusion about the kree or how the hammer was gone?
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 12-14-2019 at 06:05 AM.

BANNED

edit: nvm this ain't worth it anymore
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 12-14-2019 at 06:13 AM.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

9Qzo9t2.jpg

This.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I was talking about multi-eternity, who is multiversal and TOBA is multiversal as well, at least according to statements made from an editor and from Al himself.
    Yes, that's my understanding as well. There is what I will call Eternity Prime, which encapsulates all of the multiverses -- i.,e., the mini-Eternities, including alternate universes and their antimatter counterparts -- within itself.

That said, TOAA is something else. TOAA exists outside of Eternity Prime. He/She/It exists outside all of creation and "uncreation". TOAA represents an understanding of totality greater than Eternity Prime, Knull, etc., etc. He/She/It is more than a mere cosmic paradox folding in on itself (the old "something and nothing" conundrum).

Getting back to Thor, I can't be the only one who thinks his jobber status is temporary, am I?
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Yes, that's my understanding as well. There is what I will call Eternity Prime, which encapsulates all of the multiverses -- i.,e., the mini-Eternities, including alternate universes and their antimatter counterparts -- within itself.

That said, TOAA is something else. TOAA exists outside of Eternity Prime. He/She/It exists outside all of creation and "uncreation". TOAA represents an understanding of totality greater than Eternity Prime, Knull, etc., etc. He/She/It is more than a mere cosmic paradox folding in on itself (the old "something and nothing" conundrum).

Getting back to Thor, I can't be the only one who thinks his jobber status is temporary, am I?
    Once Donny Cates starts working on Thor the jobbing era will likely end but i don't hold my breath.

Nice Starlin quote btw.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post

No doubt about it. Cate's Thor is gonna be a beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    No doubt about it. Cate's Thor is gonna be a beast.
    I'm unsure about that. Cates always struck me as a juvenile edgelord with gory violence and power inconsistency all over the place. I liked his GOTG even though it lasted only 12 issues and did nothing with Beta Ray Bill.