Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Can we be sure how many issues each book in DOX series will have?

Wave 2 will start in February. So will the six books in Wave 1 be finished by then?

I don't think wave 1 books will be finished by February. Hickman said X-Men will have 12 issues I believe - it will be the 7th issue only in February-, and the only book that seems to not continue is Fallen Angels, but even for that its writer said there are more plans later, so it might be just a hiatus

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Around 12 issues optimum, though the ideal might be to beat the 52 issues of DC's "old" New 52 at minimum. Which might destroy me.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    I don't think wave 1 books will be finished by February. Hickman said X-Men will have 12 issues I believe - it will be the 7th issue only in February-, and the only book that seems to not continue is Fallen Angels, but even for that its writer said there are more plans later, so it might be just a hiatus
    Thank you very much. May I ask, where can we see the future publishing plans of x-books?

So these titles are not going to be ongoing? Didn’t know that there was a supposed planned number for each series.

Marvel Comics MIGHT love to do the old format of ongoing titles reaching triple-digit issue numbers, but the current trend is that story arcs should be able to fit into trades, which usually have 5-6 issues. 12 issues when paced carefully can have two arcs for two TPBs. It's handy for emergencies in the event a title is cancelled out of the blue. Furthermore, there's still the lingering publisher mentality that a new issue 1 numbering for a long-running character/team title is a must-buy for readers.
    Last edited by Londo Bellian; 11-29-2019 at 08:56 AM.

"I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Fantastic Member

ugh why can't we just keep series going like before? why do they constantly have to reset with new #1s?

Fallen Angels is the only one that I could see not really lasting.

There is nothing saying that the books gonna end on #12 issues

Of course they'd try to process more issues set in the status quo, and good for them (and the buying fans) if they succeed in gunning for 52 issues and beyond. But it might just spur me to retire from reading the X-line (and Marvel entirely in the absolute worst case) should that come to pass.

Quote Originally Posted by PotniaTheron View Post
    Thank you very much. May I ask, where can we see the future publishing plans of x-books?
    I'm not sure which future publishing plans you mean? We don't know yet how long wave 1 books will last or if they'll end with #12, there was only one tweet by Hickman about X-Men (I don't remember what it was exactly but implied it'll be 12 issues), but there wasn't anything about the rest of the books. By the way the Marauders and X-Force writer talked, I think they'll last for a while. Only the fate of Fallen Angels seems unsure right now. My guess is that a few books will finish, a few will last longer, while we get a few new ones.

Marauders and Excalibur are secured for at least 11 issues. The paperback is already up for preorder
    https://www.amazon.com/Marauders-Vol.../dp/1302921479
    https://www.amazon.com/Excalibur-Vol...dp/1302921460/

BANNED

There was some speculation that they would be maxiseries based on the "limited" mentioned in the bottom at the end of PoX #6 where the DoX books were introduced. Bleeding Cool then ran with the speculation and pretended they really were minis but were turned into ongoings thanks to good sales. But anyone who read the books knows that they do very slow worldbuilding (with the exception of Fallen Angels) and it would make no sense for them to go away after 12 issues. Also, Duggan mentioned before Marauders #1 even came out that the book would be around for a long while.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    There was some speculation that they would be maxiseries based on the "limited" mentioned in the bottom at the end of PoX #6 where the DoX books were introduced. Bleeding Cool then ran with the speculation and pretended they really were minis but were turned into ongoings thanks to good sales. But anyone who read the books knows that they do very slow worldbuilding (with the exception of Fallen Angels) and it would make no sense for them to go away after 12 issues. Also, Duggan mentioned before Marauders #1 even came out that the book would be around for a long while.
    Basically only speculation. Of course Marvel wouldn't wast talent to do only 6 issues.

You can never be sure of anything.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, unless marvel comes out and says their original plans it’s all speculation. Some of the books may have been 6 or even 12 issue minis that were supposed to build into the next crossover and then relaunch as a day different book. And heck, if plans were changed because of sales it might be some of the series build into the next cross over, but then continue instead of relaunch. Anything is possible