Astonishing Member

Default Toei Spider-Man villains

I see a lot of people talk about Japanese Spider-Man but never about his villains. What’s your opinion of them?

The reason I ask is because I’d love for them to make an appearance if he does.

What's there to talk about really? It was just your typical Super Sentai style monsters of the week. He didn't have recurring enemies like in the comics.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

His main enemies were Professor Monster and Amazoness, the latter of whom ran a newspaper in her human disguise to smear Toei Spider-Man's reputation a la J. Jonah Jameson with the American Spider-Man. The Iron Cross Army led by Professor Monster and Amazoness also sustained and funded itself through relatively mundane criminal activity on Earth, not just sending monsters to wreak havoc, so Toei Spider-Man would end up working with Interpol to stop them. That much, I recall from what I've seen, heard, and read of Toei Spider-Man --- which really ought to get a relaunch of some kind given Marvel's relationship with Toei. Maybe if there's enough positive response to his appearance in Into the Spider-Verse 2?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    What's there to talk about really? It was just your typical Super Sentai style monsters of the week. He didn't have recurring enemies like in the comics.
    So what?

Most villains only become recurring when they become popular.

Incredible Member

I believe the true question, would be if any of you actually watched the series, presuming it has not, at least in my knowledge, had any American broadcasting, yet.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    I believe the true question, would be if any of you actually watched the series, presuming it has not, at least in my knowledge, had any American broadcasting, yet.
    The whole series is actually on YouTube at the moment.