Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    The RPG stuff would be great if they leaned into it and dialed it up to 11. That’s not what I’m getting though.
    Yeah like imagine if Mojo employed Morgan as a executive producer in his acquisition of Otherworld. Everyone would become EXACTLY that: GoT RPG entertainment. Now you’ve got a silly multidimensional Excalibur story with Betsy animosity and transformation themes —perfect for what’s happened to the latest Cap Brit. We don’t need all this Apocalypse or Akkaba stuff

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Well, one positive, baby dragon Shogo’s thought process is the most adorable thing ever.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Yeah like imagine if Mojo employed Morgan as a executive producer in his acquisition of Otherworld. Everyone would become EXACTLY that: GoT RPG entertainment. Now you’ve got a silly multidimensional Excalibur story with Betsy animosity and transformation themes —perfect for what’s happened to the latest Cap Brit. We don’t need all this Apocalypse or Akkaba stuff
    I could deal with the Apocalypse and Akabba stuff if it were interesting. It just isn’t, and as many problems as I have with the writing, the art is really the big offender for me. It’s so bland and unambitious. What a missed opportunity this book is turning out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I agree with Quiet Councilor. Going to buy issue 3 but I’m likely going to regret it.
    Okay yeah now I'm starting to get a bit disappointed. I didn't mind the first two issues but now I'm jumping in on the bandwagon with everyone else: Jubilee and Gambit are completely one-note. Every line is about keeping Shogo/Rogue safe.

Betsy is fairing better in my eyes, but she too isn't as nuanced. Honestly, -:A:- is the most layered character in the book.

VERY disappointed Rictor wasn't a bigger part of the issue...

I'm not entirely sure why Jubilee, Gambit and Betsy were being overpowered by the soldiers...Betsy should have been able to just telekinetically sweep them all away from her team, leaving them to fight Brian alone...

While I would love To on any other book, I think the style on 'Earth' and Otherworld should be visually different. A different artist or different color pallet...something...
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    It’s so bland and unambitious.
    "Unambitious" is such a great word for excellent, serviceable style. It could be doing so much, but it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post
    I think the style on 'Earth' and Otherworld should be visually different. A different artist or different color pallet...something...
    This would solve for X, honestly. Like, if Earth had a more muted color palate EXCEPT for Cap Brit's bright costume, and when they arrive on Otherworld, the whole world is bright, pastel, primary and bold... and X-Men are drab and grimy. Would actually suggest a point of view and tell a subtext about the book's thematic differences.

BANNED

Art closer to the beautiful design sketches would work. The book feels so sanitized and generic in its current production. And the lineup, except for Betsy, Apocalypse and possibly Rictor and Jubilee, does not work. This book should be at least as weird as Fallen Angels or New Mutants. Even Marauders and X-Force, two books with considerably less fantastical premises, feel wilder and fresher.

Better then the last 2 issues. Still the problems are still there, more worryingly they are becoming more pronounced. What made this issue better for me was the sense of movement. Witch one can expect after 2 slow issues.

I say momement and not progress. Becuase we are knowhere, still. Especially with the characters.

In a sense it's wierd to bring in Rictor becasue this comic doesn't need more characters. It needs to show off the ones it has. Witch is a huge negative score for me seeing how few characters Tini so far has juggled and gotten so little out of. In theory Rictors arrival would be overdue. With the problems this comis has it has become too soon.

I liked Apocalypse in this issue and it's not strange. Thematicly he serves as our anchor and explorer of the actual themes of this comic. They had 2 good lines about magic outside of Apocalypse.
    * Gambit+Betsy explanation of Shogo.
    * Morgana's talk about how unnoticed the connection between CB's mantel beeing passed in Great Britain.

Too little in both occurence and meaning for me to get excited.

Other then that I can only echo the thought that it's a very generic Otherworld we get here. A very watered down Morgana. Where is the majesty and the, pardon the pun, otherworldliness about her?

The impact of Jubilee's and Gambit's powers are still too lightweight. It's like they are throwing colors at the soldiers. It needs more like Gambit exploding the shield. The 3 of them with a dragon should be able to tear the castle some big holes if they wanted too.

Edit: I'm rereading the Tarot mini. The issue with Magik is a Ok issue, yet it deals with mutants+magic so much better then this. Pretty much the lasting effect these 3 issues has had on me so far is that I want to reared the Tarot mini again.
    Last edited by Malachi; 12-04-2019 at 09:37 AM.

Weakest issue for me. Remy is the only one making sense. I took a drink everytime jubilee was like "my BABY! mah BABY! MY BABY" and i'm already tipsy and it's only an hour past noon.

I feel like just give me the magic.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/