Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    You haven't addressed the fact that Luthor still has a force field over his head and face and eyes. If this Ovoid mind Transfer can break through force fields, then it's a freaking macguffin.

Is there evidence of the OMT breaking through force fields?
    He's used it over a camera across the Atlantic on a pretty strong-willed individual (Daredevil) if I recall, but I could be misremembering that one.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    You haven't addressed the fact that Luthor still has a force field over his head and face and eyes. If this Ovoid mind Transfer can break through force fields, then it's a freaking macguffin.

Is there evidence of the OMT breaking through force fields?
    Unless Luthor's force fields have been shown to have psionic power blocking capacity, this doesn't have much relevance as something to bring up.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 12-04-2019 at 06:58 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Unless Luthor's force fields have been shown to have psionic power blocking capacity, this doesn't have much relevance as something to bring up.
    I can see how the OMT would be of great use in the battle. Doom comes in, Immediately uses the OMT. He then blasts his old self and wins because the armor he came in with had no offensive or defensive capabilitys. Doom wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    I want to be up front and disclose my overall bias in favor of Doctor Doom. I think that he is a great villain with an iconic look.
    My brotha from anotha mutha.

Doom is the greatest supervillain in the history of supervillains.

That is all. Oh, as to the OP...

As for round 1, didnt Doom get some martial arts training in his early days, in Tibet when he was learning from the mystics? I'll have to re-read some of of his early stuff.

Round 2, agree with Arby on this one.

Round 3, to the prep god of marvel!

Round 4, I actually feel like Doom is loaded with charisma. Heroes of earth have included him in how many times to face Thanos, Magus, Onslaught? If anything, Dooms ego prevents him from reaching out more often. But he is pretty well respected by hero and villain alike.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Yeah, pretty much unless Luthor can block psionic shenanigans...

As far as Doom's willpower? He's loaded. He would likely be among the most powerful Lanterns...ever...if in possession of a power ring.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

well doom just punched the **** out of mephisto after being killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    I don't think that it is common knowledge that Doom can do the Ovoid mind switch. He has used the ability rarely, and it isn't the sort of thing that he would boast about while using it. And it isn't a power that is visible or obvious to onlookers. When Doom used the mind transfer to avoid certain death in FF #260, even Reed assumed he was dead and nobody considered the possibility that he might have done the mind transfer with a spectator.
    So its an ability that he rarely uses? I mean, you pretty much said as much. So I don't really think it is likely to play a big role here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    So its an ability that he rarely uses? I mean, you pretty much said as much. So I don't really think it is likely to play a big role here.
    It's a power he can credibly use and PIS is off. It can play a big role just fine.

Well Luthor is fused with J'onn right now and has his powers so I doubt the OMT would work. Even before that he has shown telepathy blocking tech and I'd be shocked if SA Lex didn't have something similar out there

Dr Doom wins because of magic