Page 11 of 77 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Some leaks.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

if McFarlane Toys was smart, they'd make some figures of characters that Mattel didn't make. There's a long list of them including but not limited to:

Air Wave
    Bulletman
    Bulletgirl
    Bumblebee
    Dr. Light II
    Dr. Poison
    Flamebird
    Golden Eagle
    Huntress(Helena Wayne)
    Ibis The Invincible
    Isis
    Johnny Quick I
    Kung
    Liberty Belle
    Madame Xanadu
    Mera
    Nightmare Nurse
    Osira
    Osiris
    Pantha
    Phantasm
    Phantom Lady
    Queen Clea
    Red Star
    Rima The Jungle Girl
    Sargon The Sorcerer
    Shaggy Man
    Spy Smasher
    Starbreaker
    Vox
    Vulcan Son of Fire
    Wizard
    Zatara I
    Zatara II
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Oh, yay! More Batman!
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Oh, yay! More Batman!

Dc = detective comics. All hail the king!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Witch View Post
    Dc = detective comics. All hail the king!!!!
    The "DC" branding started when it was called "Superman-DC" before being shortened to just "DC," so that would make Superman the king
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Some leaks.

Okay credit where it's due, it's good that there's a new Swamp Thing figure on there but come on DC! Give us a Swamp Thing/Abby 2-pack!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    if McFarlane Toys was smart, they'd make some figures of characters that Mattel didn't make. There's a long list of them including but not limited to:

Air Wave
    Bulletman
    Bulletgirl
    Bumblebee
    Dr. Light II
    Dr. Poison
    Flamebird
    Golden Eagle
    Huntress(Helena Wayne)
    Ibis The Invincible
    Isis
    Johnny Quick I
    Kung
    Liberty Belle
    Madame Xanadu
    Mera
    Nightmare Nurse
    Osira
    Osiris
    Pantha
    Phantasm
    Phantom Lady
    Queen Clea
    Red Star
    Rima The Jungle Girl
    Sargon The Sorcerer
    Shaggy Man
    Spy Smasher
    Starbreaker
    Vox
    Vulcan Son of Fire
    Wizard
    Zatara I
    Zatara II
    I don't think that's smart. They're pretty much all Z-Listers, so the market is vanishingly small, but even if we allow that they would sell, they're in a different scale, so Mattel fans wouldn't be interested, as they'd ruin their displays.

I would be happy to see McFarlane broaden their offerings beyond so many Batman and Joker centric stuff, but they're happy doing what sells, and that stuff is obviously working for them. I want figures of the new JSA we saw at the end of the Stargirl Special, I want more Green Lanterns like Kyle, more standard JLA members. Never thought I'd have to beg for them.
    Last edited by Cat; 06-10-2021 at 01:16 PM.

Yeah that’s sounds like suicide.

Revealed today as part of the SDCC @ Home thing.

Lobo was also announced.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I'll be getting the Reverse Flash, animated Flash and Speed Force Flash (at $40.00 a pop it's an expensive hobby!).

That said, I really like the Lobo figure!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    I don't think that's smart. They're pretty much all Z-Listers, so the market is vanishingly small, but even if we allow that they would sell, they're in a different scale, so Mattel fans wouldn't be interested, as they'd ruin their displays.

I would be happy to see McFarlane broaden their offerings beyond so many Batman and Joker centric stuff, but they're happy doing what sells, and that stuff is obviously working for them. I want figures of the new JSA we saw at the end of the Stargirl Special, I want more Green Lanterns like Kyle, more standard JLA members. Never thought I'd have to beg for them.

Well, if McFarlane keeps releasing "safe" characters like it has been, I don't see this line reaching the heights that DC Universe Classics, Justice League Unlimited, or Super Powers did. There needs to be more of a balance of well-known and lesser known characters to draw in fans that haven't already bought 3 or more Batmans, Supermans, Jokers already.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Therer'es a happy medium between just doing A-listers and doing a bunch of characters only hardcore fans know or care about, I think. Marvel Legends does a very good job of including deep cut characters that appeal to hardcore collectors while also ensuring the line is bolstered by big gun characters the majority of the potential market would actually be able to recognize.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Therer'es a happy medium between just doing A-listers and doing a bunch of characters only hardcore fans know or care about, I think. Marvel Legends does a very good job of including deep cut characters that appeal to hardcore collectors while also ensuring the line is bolstered by big gun characters the majority of the potential market would actually be able to recognize.

I'm not saying every wave should include someone like Yankee Poodle or Danny Chase but most of the waves we've seen so far are comprised of DC's safe characters(i.e. Batman, Big 7 Justice Leaguers, & more popular villains). We have yet to see even characters like Black Lightning, Zatanna, Black Canary, Firestorm, Vixen, Cheetah, Solomon Grundy, Star Sapphire, Gentleman Ghost, Giganta, or Amazo.

Given's McFarlane's track I record, I think one should count themselves lucky when they get a figure that isn't connected to Bat-stuff or even just Bruce. He doesn't even have a complete standard comic Justice League yet.