Page 49 of 78 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I guess my problem with the variants is I just don't find the versions their choosing particularly interesting. Like, give me a Golden Age Batman or a Dick Sprang-inspired version. Or that multi-colored version or whatever. Or Superman Red and Blue. To me, it just seems like they chose these particular variants because they're new and "edgy."
    Pessimistic or not, I suspect that's true. It's the "new hotness". thus trying to capitalize.

Ultimate Member

Preorders for Aqualad & Ocean Master have already sold out on the Target app.

The only ones to do so.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Pessimistic or not, I suspect that's true. It's the "new hotness". thus trying to capitalize.
    IDK, if ML can do this, I don't see why McFarlane can't do a Superman Red/Blue:

Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Dick Grayson as Robin Gold Label figure launches for pre-order on FEBRUARY 7th

Last edited by RedBird; 01-28-2023 at 11:00 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post

F-ing finally!!! And not a grimace in sight!
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post

Now give us yellow oval Batman!
    Assassinate Putin!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Now give us yellow oval Batman!
    He did!

s-l500.jpg

Astonishing Member

[/IMG]
    Do you mean the Silver Age versions or the electric 90s versions which were done by DC Direct (at least the blue version was, not sure about the red). I'd love classic Superman in his all red and all blue costumes - just for the novelty factor.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Do you mean the Silver Age versions or the electric 90s versions which were done by DC Direct (at least the blue version was, not sure about the red). I'd love classic Superman in his all red and all blue costumes - just for the novelty factor.
    Why not all of them!

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    The DC Direct figures looked fantastic.
    Say what you will about the story (and it wasn't great), but I LOVED the costume designs for Red & Blue.
    What I loved about the DC Direct figures was that they weren't afraid to go deep diving and didn't need to release 18 Batman figures a month.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    The DC Direct figures looked fantastic.
    Say what you will about the story (and it wasn't great), but I LOVED the costume designs for Red & Blue.
    What I loved about the DC Direct figures was that they weren't afraid to go deep diving and didn't need to release 18 Batman figures a month.
    DC Direct was able to go more obscure because it was not aimed at mainstream retailers; their figures were primarily distributed through comic shops and online specialty shops. And even then they ultimately got the axe when times at DC got tight. Again, it feels like I’m Todd’s PR guy or something, but the heavy Batman emphasis isn’t because of his personal whims. It’s because the guys in charge of ordering toys for places like Walmart and Target don’t know the Legion of Superheroes from Detective Chimp. They want Batman stuff (and to a lesser extent, Superman stuff) because they know that sells in reliable numbers. And the people who own DC want more Batman stuff because they too know that’s their most reliable seller.

There’s a lot of blame to go around but what it comes down to is that WB has not succeeded in making DC as popular an all encompassing brand as Marvel.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen and I totally want it!
    Assassinate Putin!

Fun fact: that look was so memorable that it's been adapted into several video-games.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Fun fact: that look was so memorable that it's been adapted into several video-games.
    Much rejoicing was had when they added it in the PS4 game.

Extraordinary Member

Exactly! If ML can put this out, there's absolutely no reason McFarlane can't put out a Dick Sprang-inspired Bat-Mite figure.