Page 7 of 78 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    The amount of Batman and Batman related figures is nauseating.
    Truer words never spoken.

Even his non-Batman picks like Death Metal or Last Knight on Earth Wonder Woman I gotta role my eyes at.

Also unsurprised McFarlane went for Injustice figures given his (complete lack of) taste.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

At all the Wal-Mart's in my area, they also just sit on the shelves. But when a Superman or Wonder Woman shows up, it doesn't last long. Might want to try expanding their line a little bit.
    Assassinate Putin!

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

My Flash and Flash/Red Death 2 pack are scheduled to arrive at the end of this month. (Fingers crossed)
    I will DEFINITELY be getting the Injustice Grodd and Flash figures are well once they're available.

We're a few waves in now, but the line is STILL WAY too Bat - character heavy for my taste.
    There are SO many characters to play with in the DCU!!
    A Justice League Dark line from McFarlane would be AMAZING. Swamp Thing, Detective Chimp, Deadman etc.

The other downside for me is these things are pretty much invisible here in Australia. A couple of ToyWorld stores have figures from the first wave, but that's about it.
    If they were distributed like the Marvel Legend lines are, they'd sell gangbusters.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    My Flash and Flash/Red Death 2 pack are scheduled to arrive at the end of this month. (Fingers crossed)
    I will DEFINITELY be getting the Injustice Grodd and Flash figures are well once they're available.

We're a few waves in now, but the line is STILL WAY too Bat - character heavy for my taste.
    There are SO many characters to play with in the DCU!!
    A Justice League Dark line from McFarlane would be AMAZING. Swamp Thing, Detective Chimp, Deadman etc.

The other downside for me is these things are pretty much invisible here in Australia. A couple of ToyWorld stores have figures from the first wave, but that's about it.
    If they were distributed like the Marvel Legend lines are, they'd sell gangbusters.
    I 2nd a Justice League Dark line! Zanata, Swampy, they all would be amazing!
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Last edited by Holt; 11-24-2020 at 11:09 AM.

You forgot Guitar Batman, imo the best one of the bunch (although that WW is quite cool as well)! Guess Todd isn't slowing down on Batman figs anytime soon...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by basbash99; 11-24-2020 at 04:07 PM.

Astonishing Member

So are those all Death Metal figures. If so, it make sense that they push these now, but they seem very niche to me. I have no interest -- and wonder how much of the general population will feel the same.

One of these days McFarlane will make a comics Wonder Woman that isn’t trash

Todd: "What figure do you want, little Billy?"
    Little Billy: "I want a Superboy! Or a Raven!"
    Todd: "That's nice. Here's a guitar-playing Batman."
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    So are those all Death Metal figures. If so, it make sense that they push these now, but they seem very niche to me. I have no interest -- and wonder how much of the general population will feel the same.
    Here is the thing if these were sold only at comic book stores or at least placed with the other collectible stuff-I could understand. If there was a cartoon or animated movie of them-I could understand.

However they are in the main toy isle and COLLECTING dust.

Now John Stewart one is gone everywhere I go. I saw Cyborg ONCE. I don't even see Superman. If I see a Wonder Woman-it's at Target and in the collectibles.

I dunno, I've seen a lot of the DC 1000 Batman and the movie WW figures hang around, but everything else seems to sell pretty quickly. Doesn't hurt that WM had the line marked them down to $15.88.. couldn't resist picking up the recent Flash figure at that price, and i probably should've grabbed the joker from that wave at the same time (Az-Bats and Cyborg were already gone)

So far we've gotten classic Superman and Flash plus a (flawed) classic Batman and (seemingly) John Stewart next year. So the league is slowly coming together..

And fwiw at least Todd is playing to his strengths with these character choices, they all scream "90s EXTREME!!!!!!" to me. Probably the live action stuff is the weakest as he doesn't have the digital face printing technique that hasbro uses... and he himself has suggested he doesn't find the costume designs for live action heroes as interesting as comic ones, which doesn't strike me as inaccurate.

Would love to see Todd tackle Swamp Thing. None of the previous figures for the character really appeal to me and i think todd would knock it out of the park.

Quote Originally Posted by basbash99 View Post
    I dunno, I've seen a lot of the DC 1000 Batman and the movie WW figures hang around, but everything else seems to sell pretty quickly. Doesn't hurt that WM had the line marked them down to $15.88.. couldn't resist picking up the recent Flash figure at that price, and i probably should've grabbed the joker from that wave at the same time (Az-Bats and Cyborg were already gone)

So far we've gotten classic Superman and Flash plus a (flawed) classic Batman and (seemingly) John Stewart next year. So the league is slowly coming together..

And fwiw at least Todd is playing to his strengths with these character choices, they all scream "90s EXTREME!!!!!!" to me. Probably the live action stuff is the weakest as he doesn't have the digital face printing technique that hasbro uses... and he himself has suggested he doesn't find the costume designs for live action heroes as interesting as comic ones, which doesn't strike me as inaccurate.

Would love to see Todd tackle Swamp Thing. None of the previous figures for the character really appeal to me and i think todd would knock it out of the park.
    I’d be more interested in McFarlane’s comic ones if it wasn’t mostly just ones his buddy has made.

Astonishing Member

DC has a goo, line with DC Universe, but for some reason -- abandoned it. Marvel Legends chugs along, while DC remains clueless.