Page 12 of 79 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Well, if McFarlane keeps releasing "safe" characters like it has been, I don't see this line reaching the heights that DC Universe Classics, Justice League Unlimited, or Super Powers did. There needs to be more of a balance of well-known and lesser known characters to draw in fans that haven't already bought 3 or more Batmans, Supermans, Jokers already.
    This is why some manufacturers went with multi-packs when doing smaller figures. that way you can pair someone like Green lantern with Salaak, or Wonder Woman with Wonder Girl. Or weird off-the wall stuff like pairing Cyborg with Devastation.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I'm not saying every wave should include someone like Yankee Poodle or Danny Chase but most of the waves we've seen so far are comprised of DC's safe characters(i.e. Batman, Big 7 Justice Leaguers, & more popular villains). We have yet to see even characters like Black Lightning, Zatanna, Black Canary, Firestorm, Vixen, Cheetah, Solomon Grundy, Star Sapphire, Gentleman Ghost, Giganta, or Amazo.
    Well here is the thing....

If DC did those they all sell out-because around here every figure NOT named Batman, Superman or linked to Batman's family (not named Harley)-sells out where I live. As side from the John Stewart I have, I might have seen him twice and Cyborg once at Target. They seem to sell better at Target more than Wal-Mart.

And I can tell you from the previous lines-I LUCKED OUT in getting some of those lesser names. The lesser names are the ones I seem to have trouble finding anywhere including comic book stores struggle to keep them in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Well here is the thing....

If DC did those they all sell out-because around here every figure NOT named Batman, Superman or linked to Batman's family (not named Harley)-sells out where I live. As side from the John Stewart I have, I might have seen him twice and Cyborg once at Target. They seem to sell better at Target more than Wal-Mart.

And I can tell you from the previous lines-I LUCKED OUT in getting some of those lesser names. The lesser names are the ones I seem to have trouble finding anywhere including comic book stores struggle to keep them in stock.
    If you're noticing the lesser names selling better, it's usually because guys like Batman and Superman are double-packed and ordered more. I promise you, Zatanna, Vixen, Black Canary and John Stewart (the latter of whom is one of my personal favorite DC characters) aren't moving more units than Batman.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    If you're noticing the lesser names selling better, it's usually because guys like Batman and Superman are double-packed and ordered more. I promise you, Zatanna, Vixen, Black Canary and John Stewart (the latter of whom is one of my personal favorite DC characters) aren't moving more units than Batman.
    You're probably right. I'm not sure what the case count is for Mc Farlane figures but let's say it's 12 per case. The lesser known characters are probably 1 or 2 per case while Batman is like 4 or even 6 per case.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Great, so now the DC Direct stuff will be nothing but Batman as well.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Wasn't a significant chunk of their output already Batman?

Hopefully this means they'll resume the BTAS figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Great, so now the DC Direct stuff will be nothing but Batman as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Wasn't a significant chunk of their output already Batman?
    There was a good chunk of it, but it wasn't nearly to the scale of what McFarlane is doing. The DC Essentials line had much more variety.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

BANNED

If they do WW in that style, I'll buy the big 5.

Extraordinary Member

Is it just me, or is this line not great with some of it's likenesses to actors? Really wasn't impressed with the latest Harley figure based on Robbie and what I've seen of the figure from BOP. Although, this could have more to do with trying to nail down the ridonkulous beauty of Margot Robbie.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Is it just me, or is this line not great with some of it's likenesses to actors? Really wasn't impressed with the latest Harley figure based on Robbie and what I've seen of the figure from BOP. Although, this could have more to do with trying to nail down the ridonkulous beauty of Margot Robbie.
    Not just you. I have both the Gadot Wonder Woman figures and the likeness on both is pretty wonky. Strangely the Golden Armored one has a better likeness than the more standard figure.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Not just you. I have both the Gadot Wonder Woman figures and the likeness on both is pretty wonky. Strangely the Golden Armored one has a better likeness than the more standard figure.
    At the risk of being tarred and feathered since this is about McFarlane's DC toys, I kinda think Marvel Legends is better at capturing the likenesses of the MCU actors. I was really hoping for a helmet-less Bloodsport with an Idris Elba head, but now I'm kinda glad they didn't.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    At the risk of being tarred and feathered since this is about McFarlane's DC toys, I kinda think Marvel Legends is better at capturing the likenesses of the MCU actors. I was really hoping for a helmet-less Bloodsport with an Idris Elba head, but now I'm kinda glad they didn't.
    Not a controversial statement at all. I collect Transformers, so I'm casually aware of Hasbro's Marvel stuff and it's easy to be jealous in comparison to McFarlane's DC offerings.