Page 18 of 79 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast
    Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Reverse-Flash.

Not sure if I'm a fan of this one.
    I'll have to see the actual figure before deciding whether to buy or pass.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Not sure if I'm a fan of this one.
    I'll have to see the actual figure before deciding whether to buy or pass.
    I think I'm passing on it like I did with the Injustice Flash figure. The Rebirth versions of Barry and Eobard, on the other hand, were too neat to pass up.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Astonishing Member

With a few exceptions, I find this line to be kinda ugly. It seems like something that may go over better in a game shop or comic shop, but looks out of place at a major department store.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Thing 2099 View Post
    I think I'm passing on it like I did with the Injustice Flash figure. The Rebirth versions of Barry and Eobard, on the other hand, were too neat to pass up.
    Yes they were.
    I did end up buying the Injustice Flash and the Hot Pursuit version as well.
    The only Flash figure from McFarlane I've passed on so far is the animated version.
    I thought it was WAY inferior to the DC Collectables version released a little earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Reverse-Flash.

Holy cow that is one ugly figure. I mean, the Injustice Reverse Flash already looked terrible anyway, but physically re-creating it just made it look worse.

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    I don't think Todd liking Joker plays that big of a role in it, sales do. At the end of the day if Joker sold poorly or just ok WB/DC and the retailers themselves would eventually have an "ok enough with Joker" conversation with him. I agree there should be much more variety in the line but I don't get why the pegwarming comments always pop up. Joker or Batman may have more figures sitting around because they have a lot more figures ordered in the first place.

There are more plain white t-shirts sitting on shelves than there are niche pop culture ones like Star Trek for example for the same reason. And they definitely have sales figures, these figures aren't cheap to produce so they likely know exactly how many of each sells. The All-Mighty dollar rules, they aren't making a ton of any one specific figure just because they personally like a particular character. If we get a billion Batman and Joker toys it's because they sell a lot more than everyone else.
    Again, stores order figures by assortment, not by figure. They can't just order a Joker figure. They have to order a box of DC Multiverse figures. The only way DC/WB/McFarlane will be able to tell that they aren't selling is if stores stop ordering assortments because they haven't sold the existing ones.

Using your same analogy, stores can order a plain shirt or a Star Trek shirt, unlike those toys. But that also ignores the fact that most places you can wear a white t-shirt to work but not a Star Trek one which is why you can find more of them, but that's besides the point.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Holy cow that is one ugly figure. I mean, the Injustice Reverse Flash already looked terrible anyway, but physically re-creating it just made it look worse.

Again, stores order figures by assortment, not by figure. They can't just order a Joker figure. They have to order a box of DC Multiverse figures. The only way DC/WB/McFarlane will be able to tell that they aren't selling is if stores stop ordering assortments because they haven't sold the existing ones.

Using your same analogy, stores can order a plain shirt or a Star Trek shirt, unlike those toys. But that also ignores the fact that most places you can wear a white t-shirt to work but not a Star Trek one which is why you can find more of them, but that's besides the point.
    You don't think they go through each assortment and see what sells and what doesn't? If they get a random assortment of DC toys, I bet they know each comes with x amount of Joker figures, x Batman figures, x Superman figures etc. I'm sure they know when they sell a Joker figure, it won't go through the register/computer as just "DC Multiverse figure" it will explicitly state it's him. So if the stores noticed his stuff consistently sits around collecting dust they'd let Todd and DC know and assumedly order less or tell them to cool it with Joker. The fact that doesn't happen points to them selling really well.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Yes they were.
    I did end up buying the Injustice Flash and the Hot Pursuit version as well.
    The only Flash figure from McFarlane I've passed on so far is the animated version.
    I thought it was WAY inferior to the DC Collectables version released a little earlier.
    I agree completely. That version was aces.

I'll cop to having gotten the Injustice Grodd, though, because I love giant apes, and giant apes + Flash villains = a very me thing. I'm tempted by Doctor Fate as well.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

You don't think they go through each assortment and see what sells and what doesn't? If they get a random assortment of DC toys, I bet they know each comes with x amount of Joker figures, x Batman figures, x Superman figures etc. I'm sure they know when they sell a Joker figure, it won't go through the register/computer as just "DC Multiverse figure" it will explicitly state it's him. So if the stores noticed his stuff consistently sits around collecting dust they'd let Todd and DC know and assumedly order less or tell them to cool it with Joker. The fact that doesn't happen points to them selling really well.
    Unless each figure has an individual UPC code no, they don't ring up as "Joker figure."

Also, the people that would be talking to DC/McFarlane aren't the people working in the store and seeing which character is on the shelf. It's some guy in a boardroom looking at a sheet of paper with sales numbers on it. As long as the toy line sells they don't care who's in it.

I'm not saying Joker doesn't sell at all. I'm saying making 17 different variations of him when the old ones are still there is excessive.

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Arrowverse Flash

Ultimate Member

Yes and no. It depends.

Some are set to tell you which figure you get and others are NOT.

WWE toys will NOT tell you when you check out. Be it store, app or online.

Marvel Legends will tell you depending on where you buy it. Target does. Wal-Mart might.

Power Rangers same thing.

Dc Multiverse will VARY.

And that is NOT counting clearance bins that don't tell you. Especially when that figure is put on clearance 5 days after it's put on the shelf. And yes I have seen this done to DC figures.

Even if you tell them what is collecting dust-will they listen??? Excluding both John Stewarts, cartoon Cyborg, Harley and sometimes Batgirl & Nightwing-everyone else peg warms here in my city. At EVERY store.

Godspeed from Wednesday.

This looks great.

"I'll kill them all, Flash!"

The CW Flash looks really good. The Godspeed one's nice as well. He has a simple costume so it translates well.

They're ramping up the Flash universe figures, probably due to the movie. I wonder if we'll start to hear about some Aquaman ones here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Thing 2099 View Post
    I agree completely. That version was aces.

I'll cop to having gotten the Injustice Grodd, though, because I love giant apes, and giant apes + Flash villains = a very me thing. I'm tempted by Doctor Fate as well.
    I actually love the Grodd figure!! There was NO way I WASN'T buying it!