Page 26 of 78 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

So I pre-ordered the solar suit Superman, The "Super-dad" version, way back in February and recently got a notice saying it won't come out until April at the earliest. It was supposed to come out this week. I kind of wonder if they aren't getting behind on some these figures. Particularly the most popular ones. This would explain why The Batman figure is constantly sold out.
    Assassinate Putin!

A bunch of toy companies have been experiencing supply chain related delays due to global events. The Hawkeye tv show figures from Marvel Legends are slated for March 2023.

I was pretty surprised to read that McFarlane's DC Multiverse line was the best selling action figure line of 2021 in the US and Canada, never thought it would surpass Marvel or Star Wars. Pretty impressive considering 2021 for Marvel had No Way Home, Shang-Chi, Black Widow, Eternals and WandaVision all release vs just the Snyder Cut and The Suicide Squad for DC. When you guys wonder why so much of the line is Batman this is the answer.

Not that they should only make Batman figures but if the majority of the figures they make are Batman ones and it helps them become the #1 action figure line in North America you can understand why they keep making more.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    I was pretty surprised to read that McFarlane's DC Multiverse line was the best selling action figure line of 2021 in the US and Canada, never thought it would surpass Marvel or Star Wars. Pretty impressive considering 2021 for Marvel had No Way Home, Shang-Chi, Black Widow, Eternals and WandaVision all release vs just the Snyder Cut and The Suicide Squad for DC. When you guys wonder why so much of the line is Batman this is the answer.

Not that they should only make Batman figures but if the majority of the figures they make are Batman ones and it helps them become the #1 action figure line in North America you can understand why they keep making more.

Where did you read this?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Where did you read this?
    Ah, my bad, should've left the link in my other post. Here it is: https://fanboyfactor.com/2022/02/wha...61297607421875

The toys for Black Widow, Shang-Chi and The Eternals all came out months before the movies due to them being delayed because of COVID. Most were already off the shelves by the time the movie hit. The only one that was out around the same time was Spider-Man.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    So I pre-ordered the solar suit Superman, The "Super-dad" version, way back in February and recently got a notice saying it won't come out until April at the earliest. It was supposed to come out this week. I kind of wonder if they aren't getting behind on some these figures. Particularly the most popular ones. This would explain why The Batman figure is constantly sold out.
    I’ve noticed pre-orders direct from McFarlane seem to ship later than the figures are available. I preordered the Rebirth Suit Superman and got it like a month after it was on the shelves at the local Target.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Ah, my bad, should've left the link in my other post. Here it is: https://fanboyfactor.com/2022/02/wha...61297607421875

Thank you!
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    The toys for Black Widow, Shang-Chi and The Eternals all came out months before the movies due to them being delayed because of COVID. Most were already off the shelves by the time the movie hit. The only one that was out around the same time was Spider-Man.
    Well there were also the streaming show, WandaVision, Loki, Falcon & the Winter Soldier and What If. Movies and tv act as advertisements for toys and merchandise. Even if the toys for those movies came out before the movies themselves there were still trailers and other promotion for them beforehand. Plus with the movies fresh in people's minds even without specific movie toys on shelves you'd think it's still drive people to buy Marvel toys in general.

Well there were also the streaming show, WandaVision, Loki, Falcon & the Winter Soldier and What If. Movies and tv act as advertisements for toys and merchandise. Even if the toys for those movies came out before the movies themselves there were still trailers and other promotion for them beforehand. Plus with the movies fresh in people's minds even without specific movie toys on shelves you'd think it's still drive people to buy Marvel toys in general.
    I'd disagree in so much about trailers. Marvel have been very deliberate in their marketing strategy for the movies as of late, as they basically know the movies sell themselves at this point. Spider-Man only had, what, 2 trailers before the films' release? And it's the same with the new Dr. Strange movie now. They're giving you the bare minimum under the veil of "we don't want to give away spoilers" because they know the Marvel brand sells itself now.

That's also, though, discounting the fact that the movie/tv-based Marvel Legends figures tend to sell worse than the comic-based ones. The market for that line is very comic-focused. They'd rather buy a Firestar than a Mobius. The other Marvel toylines that are targeted for a younger, non-collector audience tends to sell the MCU characters better.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Potential all female waves for DC

Gotham: Batgirl, Ivy, Harley, Catwoman, Batwoman, Huntress and Talia as Ghul.

Metropolis: Supergirl, Lois, Power Girl, Lana Lang, Lora and Martha Kent.

Amazons: Wonder Woman, Donna Troy, Artemis, Nubia, Hippolyta and Cheetah.

DC Universe: Barda, Vixen, Zatanna, Hawkwoman, Starfire, Raven and Mary Marvel
    a lot of those are in the SHG toy line. https://www.amazon.com/superhero-gir...f=sr_nr_p_89_1
    this lists: Supergirl, Frost, Bumble Bee, Katana, Poison Ivy, Batgirl, Wonder Woman(yes, a TEEN WW), Harley Quinn, Starfire, Hawkgirl, Cheetah(which is a variant of the Barbara Minerva Cheetah who looks normal when she wants too?).

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I’ve noticed pre-orders direct from McFarlane seem to ship later than the figures are available. I preordered the Rebirth Suit Superman and got it like a month after it was on the shelves at the local Target.
    Wow! Almost not worth pre-ordering in that case.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    a lot of those are in the SHG toy line. https://www.amazon.com/superhero-gir...f=sr_nr_p_89_1
    this lists: Supergirl, Frost, Bumble Bee, Katana, Poison Ivy, Batgirl, Wonder Woman(yes, a TEEN WW), Harley Quinn, Starfire, Hawkgirl, Cheetah(which is a variant of the Barbara Minerva Cheetah who looks normal when she wants too?).
    Yeah, I saw those and they're aimed for younger targets. I meant something along the lines that McFarlane could produce.

Ultimate Member

Depending on where you lived those toys were either of the following-

1) still on the shelves with ALL of the line in stores

2) very few left on the shelves

3) On clearance or in Target's case-like with the McFarlane and The Batman toys now-buy 2 get 1 free.

4) or GONE-like Wonder Woman 84 were by the time the movie came.

5) Shipped off to other stores like 5 Below or Dollar Tree or Big Lots.

Excluding the Eternals-the rest of Marvel was already gone or in slim pickings in stores. Especially Black Widow. As for Marvel Legends the same issue depending on the line.

How much of a price difference is there between McFarlane and Target?

I would have loved to have gotten Sunman from Mattel but in less than 2 minutes of taking pre-orders and me putting on in the cart and starting to check out-guess who SOLD OUT.

So it's wait for Target via my pre-order with them or pay blood money on Ebay.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    If you can still find that line in stores.

Folks want ones done by Mcfarlane. Even if you do it one time only.