Page 3 of 77 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

When do these come out?
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    When do these come out?
    In the video Todd said some people are saying they have already seen them in stores, I haven't, but they should be hitting stories in the next week or two.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Found some at my local Walmart today. They only had 4 different ones, I got 1 of each (Superman AC 1000, Superman animated, Green Lantern, and Classic Harley). They had hooks for "Batman", but the tags didn't mention which Batman, and they had none anyway.

Haven't opened them up yet, but they look pretty cool in person. A little taller than I was expecting, and the paint jobs look spectacular.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    When do these come out?
    My local Target had some, but just the four animated ones.

BANNED

I'm having some difficulty making sense of this. When I was a really young kid, toylines would often come out in tandem with cartoon shows or movies to build interest in them. And there would be uniformity to them. Thus, you wouldn't see things like Superman: TAS version coming out in the same line as the Batman Who Laughs and done in a totally different visual style. This all seems so utterly random to me. And the figures are too expensive. At least for something to be sold in the toy aisle of a Walmart. Though, the same could be said of a lot of figures these days.

I imagine these people must know their business, but the toy industry these days, specifically action figures, is making me scratch my head in confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    I'm having some difficulty making sense of this. When I was a really young kid, toylines would often come out in tandem with cartoon shows or movies to build interest in them. And there would be uniformity to them. Thus, you wouldn't see things like Superman: TAS version coming out in the same line as the Batman Who Laughs and done in a totally different visual style. This all seems so utterly random to me. And the figures are too expensive. At least for something to be sold in the toy aisle of a Walmart. Though, the same could be said of a lot of figures these days.

I imagine these people must know their business, but the toy industry these days, specifically action figures, is making me scratch my head in confusion.
    These are priced in the same range as Marvel Legends and Star Wars Black series which inhabit the toy aisle of Walmart but are mostly targeted at older collectors. Spinmasters has a simultaneous license for DC toys with McFarlane and are producing a line that is targeted at younger kids and carries a lower price point.

-M

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

When we were all kids, toys were meant to be played with. So you'd see row after row of 4 & 5" action figures for $3.99 to $5.99, and their arms and legs moved. If you were lucky, they might have knee joints. Figures these days are meant for the adult collector, and come with an adult price. Most figures now come with tons of articulation (this new wave by McFarlane offers 22 points of articulation), and the ones that don't are cheaper and often are reviewed poorly, and sell less. I paid $19.99 each today for the 4 that I picked up, and while child-me would have feinted at such a price, I find it to be a good deal for something that I can display in my collection. It's definitely a "your mileage may vary" type of deal.

As for seeing an animated version in the same line as a "regular" version, well, these figures are labeled "DC Multiverse"...so that gives them free reign to make all kinds of variations without being tied to one particular theme.

On a separate topic, the back of the boxes say "collect them all!" and shows little pictures of other figures. Most of them are figures we already knew about, but one of them was for a Birds of Prey movie Harley Quinn, which I hadn't seen in any of the articles so far...so it looks like they already have wave 2 in the near horizon. Unsurprising, of course, but I wasn't expecting to see anything for a bit.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

BANNED

Need Superboy Prime and Earth 1 Barry.

Ultimate Member

They are aiming for the adult collector.

Toys R Us did this more than Wal-mart or Target. Also WalGreens does it with exclusive figures.

They are going after the guy who knows who those folks are. In some cases.

I mean Duke Thomas has 2 figures. One in his We Are Robin outfit and one as Signal in a little kid's line.
    Wallace has a figure too.
    Guys who have NOT been seen in cartoon or movies.

We won't even talk about some of the folks Marvel put as figures.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    When we were all kids, toys were meant to be played with. So you'd see row after row of 4 & 5" action figures for $3.99 to $5.99, and their arms and legs moved. If you were lucky, they might have knee joints. Figures these days are meant for the adult collector, and come with an adult price. Most figures now come with tons of articulation (this new wave by McFarlane offers 22 points of articulation), and the ones that don't are cheaper and often are reviewed poorly, and sell less. I paid $19.99 each today for the 4 that I picked up, and while child-me would have feinted at such a price, I find it to be a good deal for something that I can display in my collection. It's definitely a "your mileage may vary" type of deal.
    Funny thing is if you sniff around-you can find them cheaper depending on where and what store you go to.

Example-Black Widow with motorcycle and two changeable heads is at the comic book store for $50.
    I go to the Wal-Mart in a black neighborhood-she's $9.

Brave & Bold Firestorm was $15 in my city. I go to College Station and to a Target-$2.

Wonder Woman movie figures-CLEARANCE the week after the film came out. It took a YEAR before Marvel Rising, Spider-Man Homecoming, Shazam, Justice League, Aquaman, Cap Marvel and certain Marvel two pack to hit that. Black Panther figures are still not on clearance around here.

Stores are STILL trying to get rid of Last Jedi, Rogue One & Solo toys. Aside from Lando & Rose-nobody wanted the rest.

Our local Walmart doesn't have them yet, but I was running errands a coupe of towns over and stopped in their Walmart. It looks like they got a partial shipment of both the McFarlane and the Spinmasters stuff up. For the McFarlane all they had was the regular Batman and animated Batman, so I grabbed an animated Batman just to see what they are like-haven't had a chance to open it up yet though. For Spinmasters they had the Batmobile and one peg of the 12 inch figures (Rebirth Batman x2 , Blue Batman and Tactical Batman) but no sign of the 4 inch figures yet. I also stopped at the Targe tthere, and they were stocking toys but had none of either and the stock person said they were told the SPinmasters had moved their street date back to the 19th, but knew nothing about when they would get the McFarlane stuff in.

-M

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Should have them here in Australia by 2023 or so.....
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Comic-Con reveals.

Unsurprising but still disappointing to see so much Batman and Bat-characters dominate with only sprinklings of everyone else.

Especially disappointing the closest to a modern toy of Perez Ares is the Dark Multiverse Ares Batman.