Page 33 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I really wish they would release a "classic" line of Super Power figures. The Flash looks cool but 1980s Flash didn't have the chin strap.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Not sure what's to grumble about but as of now, there's nothing to indicate it. Probably in a later wave.

Retro Super Powers Flash and Batman Who Laughs
    Perhaps McFarlane Toys redoing the Retro Super Powers figures except with John instead of Hal who was part of the original line. While at the same time the first standalone Hal figure they choose to release is of him as Parallax when they've done about 4 different John figures already. The grumbling seems rather justified. Or I could be totally misinterpreting j9ac9k's comment.
    Last edited by Johnny; 08-17-2022 at 09:13 AM.

He clearly isn’t redoing the line verbatim, otherwise they wouldn’t have New 52 Darkseid and Flash or Batman Who Laughs in it. I’m not seeing the problem with John getting a figure; he’s a pretty no brainer choice for a first assortment. Hell, I’m surprised Wonder Woman and Aquaman aren’t there.

And hey, Kenner planned to make John in the unmade wave 4. So there ya go, Todd’s just fulfilling the prophecy!

Last edited by Holt; 08-16-2022 at 06:53 PM.

Ultimate Member

He clearly isn’t redoing the line verbatim, otherwise they wouldn’t have New 52 Darkseid and Flash or Batman Who Laughs in it. I’m not seeing the problem with John getting a figure; he’s a pretty no brainer choice for a first assortment. Hell, I’m surprised Wonder Woman and Aquaman aren’t there.

And hey, Kenner planned to make John in the unmade wave 4. So there ya go, Todd’s just fulfilling the prophecy!

For some factions of the comic world-when it comes to shows, toys or merchandise-it's EXPECTED certain "icons" or those with the most toys get the slots over others.

Anything less is a sign of disrespect or insult.

Ra's al Ghul

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    For some factions of the comic world-when it comes to shows, toys or merchandise-it's EXPECTED certain "icons" or those with the most toys get the slots over others.

Doesn't seem as bad as other factions of the comic world lashing out at editors, creators and fans for years and calling them racist gatekeepers for pushing the "wrong" Lantern since they know that's the only GL and GL fandom they can generalize and bash with no consequences. Guess some old habits die hard.
    Last edited by Johnny; 08-17-2022 at 11:25 AM.

Solomon Grundy

Solomon Grundy
    Love this!

Not sure what's to grumble about ...
    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

The "Super Powers" line was a cartoon and a comic where Hal was featured as the Green Lantern and this line is meant to be "retro" - not a new version. I'm sure if they put out a line of toys about the DCAU and there was a Hal figure instead of John, there'd be nothing at all to grumble about either, right?

So no - it's not an "insult" because they made a John toy first - for me it's that Hal was in Super Powers, John was not. So yeah, I'm gonna grumble.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 08-17-2022 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    The "Super Powers" line was a cartoon and a comic where Hal was featured as the Green Lantern and this line is meant to be "retro" - not a new version.
    Retro in the sense of the packaging and articulation style, sure, but it was never intended to be a strict 1:1 recreation, otherwise Darkseid wouldn't be in his New 52 duds and Batman Who Laughs wouldn't be in it at all. Marvel does the same thing with its Retro 3.75 inch figures as well. It's homaging the old toys but there's clearly no strict "We can't make this because they didn't have a figure in the original line" clause.

Retro in the sense of the packaging and articulation style, sure, but it was never intended to be a strict 1:1 recreation, otherwise Darkseid wouldn't be in his New 52 duds and Batman Who Laughs wouldn't be in it at all. Marvel does the same thing with its Retro 3.75 inch figures as well. It's homaging the old toys but there's clearly no strict "We can't make this because they didn't have a figure in the original line" clause.
    Yes, it's not a literal 1:1 translation. But are you that incapable of getting where I'm coming from? If not, then we'll agree to disagree. I wasn't intending to derail this thread with a Hal/John debate.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 08-17-2022 at 07:13 PM.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, because I really don't get the issue.

Official render of the Shazam figure.

Astonishing Member

I like Hal. But John needs more brand push.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

That Grundy looks awesome!
    Nice to see they're finally starting to branch out a little into the DCU.
    Static, Booster Gold and Blue Beetle, Solomon Grundy. All very cool.
    Now if we could just get a few more female characters....
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Teaser for Captain Cold.