Page 5 of 78 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

They do know that DC has characters other than Batman, right?
    Assassinate Putin!

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think classic look Zatanna would look much better as a figure, personally.
    I'll take whatever I can get. I just want a new Zatanna figure lol.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

I see the Dark Multiverse has even polluted the action figure line.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    They do know that DC has characters other than Batman, right?
    Doesn’t seem like it. But are we really surprised?

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Do you know how many Batman figures I see peg warming in a store?

Don't get me started on the many John Cena and Peter Parker ones I see peg warming.

I check the toy isles every time I go to Wal-Mart of Target (trying to find Power Ranger Billy). Like Noodle all I see is Batman and few of his friends peg warming with more than one figure.

And yes that included Cyborg from Justice League movie toys.

I MIGHT see Jessica Cruz, Vixen and others but it's RARE. It took 2 years to find Mulitverse Vixen.

McFarlane John Stewart-he's slowly vanishing off of shelves around here. Wonder Woman-she's MIA near me but in another part of the city you MIGHT see one.

To get good sells you have to have the right ones out.

MCfarlane Toys could KILL it if they did Black Lightning and his daughters looking like their tv counterparts. How about TV Doom Patrol or Titans?

Those guys they are tossing out now-other than us-what parent is going to buy them?
    Just some info for you: Batman sold $839M worth of merchandise in 2018 despite not having a movie, video game or cartoon/tv show, and Spider-Man at $1.075B that same year: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...anchises#Notes

Yeah what parent is gonna buy their kids Batman toys, the same Batman who is one of the biggest toy brands in the world, he has sold over $1B worth of merchandise from adult fans only. Just ignore stuff like this https://www.spielwarenmesse.de/magaz...-2/language/1/ where Batman is one of the top 10 most popular brands with kids in Europe.

I'd say Batman, Spider-Man and even John Cena stuff sells just fine whether you anecdotally see it selling or not. According to you Black Lightning, whose show doesn't even reach 1M viewers will shift tons of toys, because, reasons I guess. I bet if you did see more obscure characters like BL and Jessica Cruz warming shelves you'd keep it to yourself because it hurts your narrative that popular characters like Batman supposedly don't sell as well as fans think.

We know Batman sells, honestly I wouldn't mind if they did one Bat themed figure a line, but they should do some others. I mean the Jessica Cruz figure, last I checked, was going for a lot on ebay because there wasn't enough. I don't think anyone is saying to never make Batman toys again, just add a Aquaman somewhere or a Zatanna, hell even a Supergirl. Just something different.
    Pulls:

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    We know Batman sells, honestly I wouldn't mind if they did one Bat themed figure a line, but they should do some others. I mean the Jessica Cruz figure, last I checked, was going for a lot on ebay because there wasn't enough. I don't think anyone is saying to never make Batman toys again, just add a Aquaman somewhere or a Zatanna, hell even a Supergirl. Just something different.
    I know but he's always going on about seeing tons of unsold Batman toys or comics supposedly sitting around at local stores like that's a sign he's not popular or something. I do agree they should have way more toys of non Batman characters tho.

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    I know but he's always going on about seeing tons of unsold Batman toys or comics supposedly sitting around at local stores like that's a sign he's not popular or something. I do agree they should have way more toys of non Batman characters tho.
    I mean statistically it makes sense that they would see a bunch of Batmen toys. They make more of them haha. Meanwhile, you'll see less Jessica Cruz because they made fewer. So, yeah, Batman is more popular, but if they over make them you bound to see a bunch of extras haha. Doesn't mean he's not popular.
    Pulls:

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    It works both ways. You see Batman toys sitting on pegs because they make more of them. But those other characters can't have high merchandise sales if they have no merchandise.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

AFAIK, Batman has something like three separate action figure lines not counting the Multiverse series which he's a part of. That Batman Unlimited line for kids which includes such sidekicks as Superman, Flash, and Green Arrow. The Arkham games line. And just a regular Batman line. Again, NOT counting the Multiverse series. So, yeah, Batman gets plenty of representation. Including other series like the JLU cartoon and the Injustice series. Oh, and TAS series line.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    AFAIK, Batman has something like three separate action figure lines not counting the Multiverse series which he's a part of. That Batman Unlimited line for kids which includes such sidekicks as Superman, Flash, and Green Arrow. The Arkham games line. And just a regular Batman line. Again, NOT counting the Multiverse series. So, yeah, Batman gets plenty of representation. Including other series like the JLU cartoon and the Injustice series. Oh, and TAS series line.
    The animated films were fun .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The animated films were fun .
    yes.

I wish there were more...or another Batman cartoon aimed at younger audiences.

Metal Bat-Cycle

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I've got the smiling Flash figure on pre order now.
    The Red Death figure isn't available here yet!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

The Dark Multiverse is kind of a parody of McFarlane’s work, so I’m not surprised that half the action figure line features those characters.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    yes.

I wish there were more...or another Batman cartoon aimed at younger audiences.
    Yeah! Just don't include other dc characters. Leave them to be made by people who actually give a damn.If not leave them be.