Page 55 of 79 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Steel and Riddler puzzle box.

Michael Keaton Batman’s Batmobile.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    And yes, he had.
    When? Artists would often draw his costume skin-tight enough that you could see his actual muscles, but it didn't look like this figure with its deeply cut squared off six-pack armour and little rivets in the corners.

They've given it the appearance of thick bulky armor, like Batman wore in The Dark Knight movies, rather than thin fabric.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Michael Keaton Batman’s Batmobile.

I wonder how Batman is gonna sit in there when most of them have those hard, non-flexible capes. It's cool though.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Yellow oval Batman and Steel? Someone's been reading my wish list! Next we'll be getting Zatanna and Vixen!
    Assassinate Putin!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I wish McFarlane Toys wouldn't take so many liberties with so many of their DC figures.
    Todd always seems to think he has better ideas than anybody else. That said, I'm really looking forward to that Knightfall Batman. Maybe even the '89 Batmobile, too.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Flash wave, Keaton Batwing and Affleck Batcycle.

Last edited by Holt; 03-15-2023 at 02:34 PM.

Flash wave, Keaton Batwing and Affleck Batcycle.

Wish it was the original Keaton Batwing. Not sure why they would redesign it when the entire point of using Keaton is to rely on nostalgia. But that's more of a movie designers issue than it is a McFarlane one.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

When do Knightfall Batman and the Batmobile come out?
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Wish it was the original Keaton Batwing. Not sure why they would redesign it when the entire point of using Keaton is to rely on nostalgia. But that's more of a movie designers issue than it is a McFarlane one.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    When do Knightfall Batman and the Batmobile come out?
    Batmobile is supposed to be out in April.

Extraordinary Member

Preordered the '89 Batmobile (although I'm second guessing my decision since the video McFarlane posted made the plastic look super flimsy the same way the '66 vehicles are, the fact that it's sold out everywhere is making me really hesitant to return it). There's no way in hell I can justify the Batwing, though. $250 is a freakin' plane ticket or car payment. Plus, just from the looks of it, the Super Powers one looks way more my speed, anyway.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

DCEU Wonder Woman

DCEU Wonder Woman

The head looks off without the tiara. I get what they were going for, but it feels like one of those "better in idea than execution" things. Not to mention she never throws the tiara in Shazam, so it doesn't even work in that sense. Maybe putting in an alternate head you can swap would've made more sense.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Tiara boomerang accessory for play value is nice but I'm not seeing much of an improvement over his previous DCEU Wonder Woman and I really only see this as a way for him to put off doing a basic comics Wonder Woman while he cycles through another 800 Batmen.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    It could be that the point of revisiting him was because the movie was intended to introduce the multiverse and using a well-liked version of the character to do so. It seems kind of silly to think all of his equipment would be exactly the same 30 years later. They're advancing his story while using it to advance the story of the movie universe and the younger characters.

I think dismissing any use of an older version of a character as being nothing more than nostalgia seems a little unfair. I'm just glad to see that version again because I find him to be one of the more interesting live action versions of the character. I probably have more personal nostalgia for Val Kilmer as Batman, but think that there's more story to tell with Keaton's version.