Page 9 of 79 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

What is Demon Knight?

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    What is Demon Knight?
    The Demon.
    The New 52 had a title called Demon Knights of which Demon was a member (pre Justice League Dark).
    As far as figures go, it'll be pretty damn cool.
    STILL far too many Bat related characters for more taste.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

I'm aware of that series, but somehow was not able to make the connection. Anyway, I don't know much about figures, but is it normal that someone gets such figure years later after the title ended? Its not like that title was sales or critical success either so it feels a bit weird to me.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I'm aware of that series, but somehow was not able to make the connection. Anyway, I don't know much about figures, but is it normal that someone gets such figure years later after the title ended? Its not like that title was sales or critical success either so it feels a bit weird to me.
    If it's particularly popular than maybe but with McFarlane's case it's probably just because Todd thinks it looks cool.

DCEU figures

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

For McFarlane, those images looked pretty average. The faces just looked cheap!
    I'll wait till I get a better look before writing them off, but my initial impression wasn't great.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Those faces look bad. The face on the Gal Gadot Wonder Woman from last year also looked really iffy.

Likenesses have not been his strong suit in these lines. I have both the Gadot Wonder Womens and only one of them I would say looks reasonably like her.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    DCEU figures

Why? All of those characters have movie version figures already, except Darkseid. This is a pointless waste of money, time and resources that could have been used to make new figures for characters that haven't had any before.

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post
    Why? All of those characters have movie version figures already, except Darkseid. This is a pointless waste of money, time and resources that could have been used to make new figures for characters that haven't had any before.
    They pretty much have to be for collectors of Snyder-cut fans because I really don't see the general public buying figures off a 3 year old movie that wasn't that well received to begin with. The Mattel ones just sat on the pegs when the movie came out.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post
    You think Todd would turn down a chance to create another Batman toy?

To defend him, somewhat, this is at least the first Aquaman McFarlane has made while all the other heroes have had figures under him already.

And at least this Darkseid is better than that Batseid BAF eyesore from Death Metal he jumped on.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    They pretty much have to be for collectors of Snyder-cut fans because I really don't see the general public buying figures off a 3 year old movie that wasn't that well received to begin with. The Mattel ones just sat on the pegs when the movie came out.
    That is who they are going after.

With the exception of Mcfarlane's John Stewart and cartoon Cyborg-everyone has sat there in many of the stores where I live. Heck the majority of DC stuff does.

And the ones that folks want like Wallace, Duke, Jessica Cruz, Vixen and a few others-are the ones nobody can find.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    That is who they are going after.

With the exception of Mcfarlane's John Stewart and cartoon Cyborg-everyone has sat there in many of the stores where I live. Heck the majority of DC stuff does.

And the ones that folks want like Wallace, Duke, Jessica Cruz, Vixen and a few others-are the ones nobody can find.
    Say what you want about Justice League or the Snyder Cut but the movie still made $657.9m worldwide at the box office. You're telling me in your opinion making toys for that movie is somehow something only a niche audience wants? But Wallace West, Duke Thomas, Jessica Cruz and Vixen are characters the general public want? Lol only the niche comic book reading crowd even knows who those characters are, I legit had to do a quick Google search to remember Duke's last name and I'm a comic book reading nerd.

There's a way bigger market for Justice League toys than there are for obscure (to non comic readers) characters like the ones you named. And why do you subtly make everything about race? All the characters you listed as people wanting but not being able to find are POC. Are we to believe no one wants toys of Batman, Superman, Barry Allen, Hal Jordan, etc? Outside of John Stewart and Cyborg I have a hard time believing any other the characters you listed are quickly selling out while the much more famous and popular Batman's and Superman's off the world sit and collect dust.

Btw don't confuse something that's in a small quantity selling out as a sign of popularity, if a Duke Thomas toy sells quickly and there are a bunch of Batman toys on the shelf it's because there are way more Batman toys ordered. If Batman toys were limited they'd be scarce af and very hard to come by.

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    Btw don't confuse something that's in a small quantity selling out as a sign of popularity, if a Duke Thomas toy sells quickly and there are a bunch of Batman toys on the shelf it's because there are way more Batman toys ordered. If Batman toys were limited they'd be scarce af and very hard to come by.
    Stores don't order by figure. They order by line. If Walmart order more Multiverse toys, they just put in an order for Multiverse toys and McFarlane sends them a case. Generally those cases have multiple of the "popular" characters (i.e. Batman) and maybe 1-2 of the other ones. It's not as if a Walmart employee goes into their system and specifically orders "Death Metal Batman."
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Happy to see a lesser known DC character like Doctor Fate getting some love.