Default Oh my God!! - a tribute to DC's gods and various pantheons

I'm gonna be real with you, I got this idea because I was watching American Gods for the umpteenth time and was wondering what the landscape of DC's deities and various patheons looks like. Not just the New Gods, all the gods including ones based on real cultures and ones from other planet's cultures. are there any god heroes (a la Thor) or gods who were used that who you would like to see used again?

Planet:

Regions:

Other:
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I would like for DC to fully acknowledge Ice as a god.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Absolutely. I'd like to see her associated with a post-Ragnarok Norse pantheon where Odin, Thor and Loki have fallen, and Baldur is the all-father.

I'd like to see the Celtic Pantheon again. We got to see a couple of them in Batman/WonderWoman so it would be cool to explore the others!

I'd like to see the Egyptian gods get more development. If Anita Fite returns maybe the Loa can be seen.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 12-01-2019 at 01:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post

Druid - Druidism
    Lord Ewald (Ewald Olaffson) - Norse
    Mahayogi - Hindu wraith and servant of the goddess Shiva gave Maya her powers
    Maya
    Mohammed Ibn Bornu - Muslim
    Musashi - Bushido
    Osiris - Egyptian
    Phalanx - Greco-Roman
    Seneca - Native American spirituality (Iroquois)
    Xiuhtecutli - Aztec
    The Immortal (Prester John) - Nestorian Christian
    Don't know if they count: They're definitely channeling different pantheons.
    Cadre of the Immortal- https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post1596774
    Last edited by Güicho; 12-01-2019 at 03:25 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'd like to see the Egyptian gods get more development. Also maybe if Anita Fite returns maybe the Loa can be seen.
    Definitely. We get tons of Greek/Roman and / or Norse gods developed in sword-and-sandal movies or Marvel comics or whatever, so it would be neat to see some other pantheons get a push from DC, and the Egyptian pantheon already has a potential foot in the door through characters like Dr. Fate, Captain Marvel/Shazam and Hawkman. Plus it could be time to finally get that Golden Pharoah character.

I'm less comfortable with the loa getting developed too much, since that religion is still quite a bit more active in the real world (maybe 'only' a half million or so practitioners, but still more than active Thor-worshipper Asatru), and a crappy comic book portrayal of Baron Samedi as a cackling super-villain or whatever sounds kind of disrespectful, in the vein of making Jesus a superhero, or whatever.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 11-30-2019 at 06:04 PM.

Is this an appreciation thread for god characters in the DCU?

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    When was she implied to be a god?
    Last edited by Agent Z; 12-01-2019 at 01:15 AM.

There are so many pantheons not explored that could be fun to play with. Tengri is very interesting. In the DC U I’d have him be a sort of deus otiosus with a large amount of manifestations. So kind of like X-Men but gods instead.

I think Zoroastrian dualism is ripe for superhero genre exploration.

Also, the Loa would be fun in a occult subfamily of books. Which is something I think DC should be exploring. I’d like to see a revival of occult comics.
    Last edited by Ulysses; 12-01-2019 at 01:20 PM.
    “To the future or to the past. To a time when thought is free, when men are different from one another and do not live alone - to a time when truth exists and what is done cannot be undone: from the age of uniformity, from the age of solitude, from the age of Big Brother, from the age of doublethink - greetings!" - Winston Smith