Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Serotonin View Post
    I never said they should make comics I LIKE OR WANT. I simply said there should be more variety. There's no reason for 14 X-Men titles, 12 Deadpool books, 20 Wolverine titles, 30 Avengers books, etc. How can other properties ever get a chance to blossom or create an interest if all the time, money and effort is used to put out a 7th deadpool book?

It seems you're defensive because you write the character so here's some advice for YOU, if you're going to enter a forum on the internet, especially a comic book forum, learn how to accept criticism. I never said a word about your writing. I'm looking forward to what you do with Hulk, sad to see Waid leave, but interested in what you do.

I just think both companies (DC does it with Batman) focus too much on selling NOW, rather than building something to sell later. Deadpool had to catch a break at some point, other characters need that same break.

I think many would agree with me, but since you write for Marvel obviously I'm wrong and you have all the answers.
    I never wanted this to get personal, and I no you didn't attack my work, I just -- it's like I can't apologize for DP being popular. Lots of the credit for that goes to Cullen and our editor Jordan D White and honestly - the fans that support the books. The idea that any of these books is holding back a title you want or are hoping to see just isn't true, that's all. Nobody said "we can't revamp (any title) because we're doing more DP"

Final thought: I was at a retreat last month, and there is a lot of new material coming your way. Be well!

Quote Originally Posted by shibori78 View Post
    Is that Preston and Ellie hanging out with Wade???

yeah hey, weird - who is that?

Here's a radical idea: let's just talk about the preview instead of Deadpool exposing himself or whatever. I'm guilty of it, too, but after some reflection this isn't really the place for it.

My favorite thing about the preview is Hawkeye dressed up as Ultron taking a selfie with horrible Halloween candy. It's always a good sign when a preview doesn't need lettering to be funny.

This looks like fun, and the art looks pretty good - I was unfamiliar with the artist, but it's a pleasant surprise.

MingusBlakeyColtrane

Gerry Duggan,

I am am big Deadpool fan, your Deadpool run is just as great as the Deadpool 1st series and the Cable and Deadpool run to me. I absolutely love what you and Brian are doing with the current Deadpool series. I hope you guys write Deadpool for the rest of my natural life, it's that good. I love it and can't say enough great things about it. The fact that a member of Mr. Show, one of my favorite sketch comedy shows ever is writing one of my favorite comics is pretty amazing to me. I myself love all of the Deadpool comics that are consistently coming out right now. All of the writing is superb. I'm very excited for this Deadpool/Hawkeye series. I'm very much looking foward to your Batman series you have coming up too.

I just couldn't take this seriously what would it be three panels before DP is doing something very disrespectful to what ever was left of hawkeye?

Quote Originally Posted by CongoJack View Post
    I just couldn't take this seriously what would it be three panels before DP is doing something very disrespectful to what ever was left of hawkeye?
    Killing Hawkeye probably isn't Deadpool's goal, because if it is Hawkeye is going to need his very best plot armor on.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Serotonin View Post
    Phew. I was getting concerned. It almost looked like Marvel was cutting back on the oversaturation of Deadpool.
    Oversaturation is really a strong word for one ongoing and a miniserie issue (always starring a co–character ) per month.

Speaking of co-characters, when Deadpool detractors shift all the attention onto Deadpool it's easy to forget about them. Hawkeye even has first billing.

Quote Originally Posted by MingusBlakeyColtrane View Post
    Gerry Duggan,

I am am big Deadpool fan, your Deadpool run is just as great as the Deadpool 1st series and the Cable and Deadpool run to me. I absolutely love what you and Brian are doing with the current Deadpool series. I hope you guys write Deadpool for the rest of my natural life, it's that good. I love it and can't say enough great things about it. The fact that a member of Mr. Show, one of my favorite sketch comedy shows ever is writing one of my favorite comics is pretty amazing to me. I myself love all of the Deadpool comics that are consistently coming out right now. All of the writing is superb. I'm very excited for this Deadpool/Hawkeye series. I'm very much looking foward to your Batman series you have coming up too.
    I'm glad you're having fun - thanks for the kind words. we're pretty far ahead at the moment, but I'd rather pull a costanza and go out on a high note. thanks again!

This looks nice, I'm really liking the art.

I recall reading that this title sets hawkeye on a new path after his title ends