Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Boisterously Confused

Default A Marvel Minor Leaguer You'd Like To See Get A Mini-Series

Marvel has absolutely rivers of characters in its portfolio. Some are greats, some have been scenery, but some of the supporting players are really cool, and could use some spotlight. Who would you like to see get a mini-series of their own to see if they got the chops?

I vote Lemar (Battlestar) Hoskins. I'd probably vote for seeing him take up the Nomad name, but everything I've seen of him suggests that he is an underappreciated gem. Best part is, even though his power set is relatively generic, it also allows him to be plugged into a whole lot of different stories.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Marvel has absolutely rivers of characters in its portfolio. Some are greats, some have been scenery, but some of the supporting players are really cool, and could use some spotlight. Who would you like to see get a mini-series of their own to see if they got the chops?

I vote Lemar (Battlestar) Hoskins. I'd probably vote for seeing him take up the Nomad name, but everything I've seen of him suggests that he is an underappreciated gem. Best part is, even though his power set is relatively generic, it also allows him to be plugged into a whole lot of different stories.
    I'd read that.

I remember a while back they gave foolkiller and Black Knight and someone else their own book, and there felt like there were sooo many people complaining. It just felt obnoxious.

So I really don't know anymore.

Vance Astro/Firestar. I'd like a book where something happens and he become "Major Victory" despite all his efforts not to.

I can think of a few others... I guess I'm wondering also where's the line for the minor league?

Just no one appearing on any rosters?
    Last edited by Midnight_v; 11-30-2019 at 04:01 PM.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    I'd read that.

I remember a while back they gave foolkiller and Black Knight and someone else their own book, and there felt like there were sooo many people complaining. It just felt obnoxious.
    That Foolkiller comics was SO good.

I've liked Paladin a lot since Heroes/Villains for Hire, but I understand why he's not more popular. His skillset isn't interesting, visually he looks like just another blond hero in comics. The most noticeable thing about him is how ugly his costume is. Still, I'd love to see Marvel find a new role/place for him. I've always thought there are SO many mercenaries and assassins in comic books, but not enough stories about body guards, and maybe he would fit that niche.

I'm a big fan of Reptil, I'd love to see another mini with a more mature and experience post-arena Reptil.

Werewolf by Night has kind of been made into a joke. I'd be into building up and exploring a werewolf corner of the MCU.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post

Considering he might be appearing in the upcoming Falcon and the Winter Soldier series on Disney+, a comic miniseries could be just the thing to get people interested and invested in his character.

My pick? Night Thrasher. Reestablish his place in the Marvel Universe, rebuild the New Warriors, and preferably be written by Al Ewing, who brought him back in the first place.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Meggan Braddock, Romani Brit, Magic metamorph, Ruler of Otherworld, headmistress of Braddock Academy, Queen of Hell, mother, wife, friend.

Gimme a warm little cozy English comedy mini series.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    I've liked Paladin a lot since Heroes/Villains for Hire, but I understand why he's not more popular. His skillset isn't interesting, visually he looks like just another blond hero in comics. The most noticeable thing about him is how ugly his costume is. Still, I'd love to see Marvel find a new role/place for him. I've always thought there are SO many mercenaries and assassins in comic books, but not enough stories about body guards, and maybe he would fit that niche.
    Yeah, now that Luke and Danny have gone big-time, I kind of see characters like Paladin as a logical inheritor of the Heroes for Hire mantle, with Misty as the coordinator for that group (which would include some other street level characters like the White Tiger ladies).

I'm a big fan of Reptil, I'd love to see another mini with a more mature and experience post-arena Reptil.
    One of my favorites from the Avengers Academy kids, although I'd also like to see more of what Finesse and Striker are up to.

From the Initiative era, Komodo (guest-starring on-again, off-again boyfriend, Hardball) is another I'd like to see more of in an ongoing.

Read the recent Unstoppable Wasp series to see what Finesse is up to.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I’d like something done with Anza Corazon for once.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Have Rachel Leighton/Diamondback (latest seen in Domino's last pre-HoxPoxDox solo) reassemble her Serpent girl friends as B.A.D. Girls Inc.?
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    Have Rachel Leighton/Diamondback (latest seen in Domino's last pre-HoxPoxDox solo) reassemble her Serpent girl friends as B.A.D. Girls Inc.?
    Ooh, that'd be cool. Some of the older Serpent Society ladies are a bit cold-blooded (Black Mamba and Anaconda come to mind as perhaps a little too 'villainy' to make 'bad girls you like to root for') but others like Asp, in particular, but also Black Racer and Fer de Lance, could make for fun partners to Diamondback.

She could perhaps reconnect with the Constrictor, as well, after their bad timing 'breakup' in Civil War/the Initiative.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    I’d like something done with Anza Corazon for once.
    Agreed. In fact, I'd love it if the Modern Age version of Young Allies were given another chance:

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Ooh, that'd be cool. Some of the older Serpent Society ladies are a bit cold-blooded (Black Mamba and Anaconda come to mind as perhaps a little too 'villainy' to make 'bad girls you like to root for') but others like Asp, in particular, but also Black Racer and Fer de Lance, could make for fun partners to Diamondback.

She could perhaps reconnect with the Constrictor, as well, after their bad timing 'breakup' in Civil War/the Initiative.
    Isn't Constrictor dead? He fell sick at the start of the post-Secret Wars ANAD period, forcing Rachel to rejoin Serpent (Solutions) to make money for his treatment, only for him to die anyway. With nothing left she agrees to betray Falcon-Cap to the SS, only to change her mind when new!Falcon (what happened to him later?) came to the "rescue," forcing her to turn once more. She left after the battle and did not make any appearances until Domino. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Agreed. In fact, I'd love it if the Modern Age version of Young Allies were given another chance:
    Not a chance for Firestar now. She's a loyal Krakoan and everything as of X-Force #2.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Nomad's out too - Rikki showed up in Future Foundation, and it was revealed she wakes up in a new universe every time she dies. Took her years to get back to 616 - and she got put out into space without a spacesuit at the end of issue 4, so that's her gone again for a while. If Young Allies ever came back, it'd need an updated roster. I don't think it will though - they already can't support Young Avengers and New Warriors at the same time (neither of them lasted long last time), and Champions has been introduced since those two teams last had a book. The other three are far more likely to come back than Young Allies is. It got cancelled after only one arc and Gravity and Toro vanished after that.

However, they should use Anya somewhere. Ridiculous that she didn't get anything in the last three years, save for Spider-Geddon, when she's a regular on the cartoon.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Surge.

Firebird (Bonita Juarez).