View Poll Results: Do you prefer the suits to be mostly Rubber or Fabric?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rubber (pretend metal/carbon fibre)

4 13.79%
  • Fabric (pretend carbon fibre weave)

18 62.07%
  • Rubber Torso, Fabric limbs

7 24.14%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

The Affleck costume in BvS was the best looking suit to date.

Body paint for maximum efficiency and movement.

Incredible Member Gotham citizen's Avatar

Interesting fact (at least for me): a bulletproof suit can explain why Huntress uses the crossbow, instead of a rifle: a body armour of IIIA class can protect a person from a 44 magnum bullet, but not from an arrow; like you can see in the video below.

That's interesting to me, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham citizen View Post
    In fact we think the knight were very clumsy, because they wore 30 kilos of armours of steel, but those armours were designed to allow them all kind of movements; like you can see since 2:55 minute of the following video. The great issue of the armour was and is the overheating: more they are complex an less the person who wears them can dissipate his own heat; in fact often the knights died for hyperthermia and this is an issue I would love to see in the comics, to show how much Batman & Co risk when they fight the criminals.
    I've seen the heating thing mentioned a couple of times in comics, but on both occasions the Bat-character was literally in a desert, so it probably doesn't count for much.

Incredible Member Gotham citizen's Avatar

Actually (my fault: I was too vague), I was thinking of something like Batman that tells Robin to train by wearing the tracksuit even in the summer and when Robin asks why, Batman replies that it serves to accustom his body to withstand the heat he'll feel wearing the bulletproof suit in summer.

I mean aren’t the outfits made from special fabrics. So would it really matter if it were fabric or rubber? They can easily just have it be specialized fabric or metal.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I mean aren’t the outfits made from special fabrics. So would it really matter if it were fabric or rubber? They can easily just have it be specialized fabric or metal.
    Solid (heavy/medium) armor, or flexible (light) armor look.

How much protection versus mobility for characters that are (with a couple of meta exceptions) non-super-powered. I think it goes without saying that Batwing is excluded in this consideration since he literally wears power-armor.

Has Dick’s outfit every be bulletproof?

Fabric costumes.

The rubber and body armor suits are unrealistic and completely impractical for any hero that needs to move around.

There's reasons movies and tv shows have different uniforms for the action scenes. It's because the plastic armor suits are ridiculous and barely even look "cool".

Ever see an acrobat or someone in cirque du soleil wearing body armor?

These are fantasies. If I can believe that no one has shot Batman in the face, I can believe that he's just fine in a cloth costume.

"realism" in superhero costumes has got to end.
    Batman - Daredevil

Incredible Member

A mix of both tbh. I think BvS and to a lesser extent Titans show that it could work if done right.

If someone wanted to shoot dick in the head he'd be dead he has no protection
    Honestly all the Robins have terrible suits
    Everyone should be wearing a variant of the batman beyond suit if we were asking for complete protection

True There would have to be a way to make them work.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 12-19-2019 at 10:52 AM.

I wonder with everything advancement that Wanye corp makes you think maybe the mask actually protects their face? That the mask on make their faces a lot harder.