View Poll Results: Do you prefer the suits to be mostly Rubber or Fabric?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rubber (pretend metal/carbon fibre)

4 13.79%
  • Fabric (pretend carbon fibre weave)

18 62.07%
  • Rubber Torso, Fabric limbs

7 24.14%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham citizen View Post
    A mask like the one of Nightwing no, but a mask/helmet like the one used by Batman in the movies yes, can protect the Batman's head.
    But can someone still shoot him in the bottom half of his face (admittedly a smaller target than torso)?

Incredible Member Gotham citizen's Avatar

Hit the head is difficult, in fact in the army you are trained to aim to the torso, but yes it is possible kill Batman shooting to his mouth.
    So Batman should use some protection to his mouth?
    In my opinon no, because any kind of protection for the mouth create respiratory issue: the protection is an obstacle to the air flow, so Bruce Wayne had to make a choice: improve his protection or safeguard his stamina during the fight?
    In my humble opinion we can say he choose to safeguard his stamina, even if it means create a vulnerability in his suit.

A mask like the one of Nightwing no, but a mask/helmet like the one used by Batman in the movies yes, can protect the Batman's head.
    I mean it would look like the normal ones he wears. It doesn't look different at all. If not Wane corp. Dick could easily go to others who know to enchanted the Mask so he doesn't die.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Interesting fact (at least for me): a bulletproof suit can explain why Huntress uses the crossbow, instead of a rifle: a body armour of IIIA class can protect a person from a 44 magnum bullet, but not from an arrow; like you can see in the video below.

Oh yeah. I found out about this while researching too. Bulletproof vests are for bullets, impact damage, but not really protecting against stabbing or slashing. A knife can go through.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Has Dick’s outfit every be bulletproof?
    Yes, the New 52 one is made from special padded material stronger than kevlar
    Of course, the head is still exposed but Dick usually can dodge bullets with his acrobatics if he can see the shooter and they're not too close.

Hit the head is difficult, in fact in the army you are trained to aim to the torso, but yes it is possible kill Batman shooting to his mouth.
    So Batman should use some protection to his mouth?
    In my opinon no, because any kind of protection for the mouth create respiratory issue: the protection is an obstacle to the air flow, so Bruce Wayne had to make a choice: improve his protection or safeguard his stamina during the fight?
    In my humble opinion we can say he choose to safeguard his stamina, even if it means create a vulnerability in his suit.
    Jason's Batman costume in Battle for the Cowl has a mouth protector
    It also makes him looks evil as *****

I see, but the Nightwing's mask protects only the bones around the eyes, so what is it the protection of a mask that doesn't protect the skull and the brain inside it?
    Like I said if he can go to someone can Zatanna or someone else. couldn't they make it when he wears the mask can protect his whole face? I mean we have seen how many magic users have used magic to protect their clothes and other things. So I can see one of them using a protection charm to make sure his face is protected despite it just being a mask

True. I mean stranger things have happened. I mean the only other thing is Bruce found a way to make sure they don't have to worry about being shot in the face. He has the money.

Actually you can buy an entire bulletproof equipment (armour, mask, helmet) for less tan 3000 $, but obviously Bruce Wayne can afford to have something really better (and really expensive).
    Anyway I think we shouldn't worry too much about his face: it is a difficult target to hit, there are some good reasons to don't protect it and if he would be invulnerable, then he would loose part of his charimsa.

I don't want any substantive armor (definitely nothing stronger than garden variety bullet proof vests of today) and I don't want magic. Yes, there's risk. But the risk is outweighed by risk due to impaired mobility in armor when they move the way they move (and I don't like the magic-except-in-name incredibly thin, light, and easy to move in armor). I don't want them to "in effect" be Super or more-than-human in invulnerability.

I mean, for the most part, they are always on the move. I mean when it comes to Robin how would they be protected? I mean unlike the others Dick does indeed have the skills from early on.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 12-19-2019 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Trail View Post
    The Affleck costume in BvS was the best looking suit to date.
    Still couldn’t turn his head though. Looking forward to Batman turning his head on film.
    “To the future or to the past. To a time when thought is free, when men are different from one another and do not live alone - to a time when truth exists and what is done cannot be undone: from the age of uniformity, from the age of solitude, from the age of Big Brother, from the age of doublethink - greetings!" - Winston Smith

I quote from "Controversial Bat-family opinion", because I think this is the best topic where answer.

Is Robin’s colors of yellow, red and green to make him a target? I know that each robin has slightly different colors but still have standout colors
    Bright colors are always more visible than the dark ones (unless you are in an environment characterized by bright colors), but that isn't the only critical issue of Robin costume: his costume don't protect his legs and his arms by the knives and also his head is not protected by the blows.
    In my humble opinion, if Robin have to be the generic nickname of all the Batman's pupils, then their costumes should be black or gray with some insert of different color (red, blue, green) to distinguish the various Robin, in this way we would have a Green Robin (Damian), a Red Robin (Tim) and so on; it being understood that the Bat-cave is not a kindergarten, then it shouldn't be full of pupils.

I mean nowadays all of the robins' outfits cover their legs. I mean Jason when he got older had actually more black and red. This is why people think maybe Robin is made as a target.

I mean nowadays all of the robins' outfits cover their legs. I mean Jason when he got older had actually more black and red. This is why people think maybe Robin is made as a target.
    That only happens in the animated movie. It's Tim's OYL costume, originally, if I recall correctly.
    Jason's costume has always been a variant or a direct copy of Dick's in comics, however Dick's was, as far as I know.

(I love my Robins)