Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member

Wait--this hasn't even come out yet right? Why are we getting upset for a TV show that hasn't even come out--we don't know if it would have been good or bad yet.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sammael View Post
    It's easier to have different spotlights of focus when there is not some earth-scale or universe-scale conflict and cosmic happening that would obviously effect every other properties characters. Thor Ragnarok being in a far off planet could easily coexist with any other movie or tv show that had their own more contained focuses.

Also, to bolster my own argument that tv is a superior medium.

watchmen movie (which I enjoyed)

vs

watchmen tv show (this $%# is getting pretty damn phenomenal)

Now imagine a watchmen Fiege... ooh, we want the watchmen characters for a MOVIE, CANCEL the tv show, CANCEL IT !!!!!!!!!!!! MOVIES uber alles !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Garbage. Absolute garbage.
    Comparing the Watchmen movie to the Watchmen TV show is apple and oranges. The film is an adaption while the TV show is a sequel to the book. They aim to do entirely different things.

Television has been the more creative medium for roughly 20 years, roughly from "The Sopranos" onwards. Television routinely takes risks that movies almost never do anymore. I'll take Jessica Jones over Captain Marvel any day of the week and twice on Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Comparing the Watchmen movie to the Watchmen TV show is apple and oranges. The film is an adaption while the TV show is a sequel to the book. They aim to do entirely different things.
    Not to mention that the movie wasn't even all that good of an adaptation.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Wait--this hasn't even come out yet right? Why are we getting upset for a TV show that hasn't even come out--we don't know if it would have been good or bad yet.
    We know Gabrial Lunas Ghost Rider, it was good, we had as much positive feedback on the casting as we could have, and that is a large part of the whole.

I don't get this argument of tv vs film given Marvel Studios will be doing 7 tv shows

Falcon and the Winter Soldier.
    WandaVision.
    Loki.
    Hawkeye.
    She-Hulk.
    Moonknight.
    Ms. Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I don't get this argument of tv vs film given Marvel Studios will be doing 7 tv shows

WandaVision.
    Loki.
    Hawkeye.
    She-Hulk.
    Moonknight.
    Ms. Marvel.
    I think that the complaint is (outside of Loki) none of those are the big name uber popular characters. Or something like that. Basically that film has preference over tv/streaming ala not getting a Ghost Rider show because we might get a Ghost Rider movie instead. I feel the OP would prefer the preferential treatment go towards shows over movies instead. Which is crazy from a business standpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by djoki96 View Post
    Not to mention that the movie wasn't even all that good of an adaptation.
    I never did get why people say this didn't they just change a few miner things? Like the space monster? Other wise it's pretty much just like the comic.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Did they even flim any of it.....?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post

WandaVision.
    Loki.
    Hawkeye.
    She-Hulk.
    Moonknight.
    Ms. Marvel.
    This is an argument of pettiness, it lends credence to the possibility that Feige just wants to cut out all the children of marvel television he was not the father of, like some bastard son. Did he greenlight Ghost Rider? No, then why should he let it live in THEIR form instead of his? MY Will be done!

MY credit, MY direction. I wonder, if he had his own infinity gauntlet, would he snap Gabriel Lunas Ghost Rider out of existence?

I hope I'm just being a drama queen and it does not really go that far.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Did they even flim any of it.....?
    It had five seasons and two spinoffs!...in our hearts.

But no, no they did not film anything, that is correct. There were only plans for a series.