Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-New Member

Default Would you like a DCEU reboot?

Well, let`s face it, the DCEU is a failure. This universe had good moments like Wonder-Woman, Aquaman, Shazam and even Man of Steel in my opinion. But.. it also had some very, very bad ones like Batman v Superman, Justice League and Suicide Squad...

So... with the enormous success of Joker, a non DCEU movie, the news that Ben Affleck will no longer play Batman and will be replaced by Robbert Pattinson, some ask themselves what is going to happen to the DCEU? Some even say that the new Batman movie will create a new universe with the Bat-family and that other movies will locate in another universe and other theories and rumors...

Would you like a DCEU reboot? Would you like more individual movies like Joker? Do you want each super-hero to have is own universe? What were the things that you liked more in the DCEU? And the ones that you less enjoyed?

I see a reboot happening anyway but quieter than a formal announcement.

I want all 3

Like they have man aged with their animated movies.

Stand Alones
    A Shared universe and
    films that explore the universe of their bigger IP's as time goes along A batman or Superman universe sounds amazing if they can pull it off.

I don't care if they reboot. i liked all the other movies aside from JL so either way I've always been cool with what DC was doing
    Last edited by Fergus; 12-01-2019 at 12:04 PM.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

There won't be a reboot for a while with DCEU films in the works, but retcons? That's already happening.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I think there will be a soft reboot fairly soon. Especially if they can't get Cavill back. Affleck is gone for good. We know that. And there's no way they are doing a DC movie-verse without a Batman. There were rumors that WW84 was going to be a soft reboot anyway so we'll see how true that is. My guess is, they'll keep the stuff that people liked and ditch the things they didn't. Maybe even get a new Superman.
    Assassinate Putin!

What they're currently doing right now is keep what does work/what people like (Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn) and jettisoning/rebooting what didn't land as well (rebooted Batman and probably why there are still no concrete plans for a new Superman movie).

Had it not been for Wonder Woman and Aquaman being such huge hits, they probably would've just done an outright reboot. In fact, that's the rumored plan they had for Flashpoint before they dropped the idea when Ben Affleck didn't wanna do it.

As long as the terrible Flash/ Flashpoint movie never sees the light of day, I will be happy.

Keep focusing on the solo movies because they seem to have the right people in place for them to be successful.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

You'd think we'd have had enough of reboots considering what goes on in the comics. I see no reason to trash what they've got right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    What they're currently doing right now is keep what does work/what people like (Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn) and jettisoning/rebooting what didn't land as well (rebooted Batman and probably why there are still no concrete plans for a new Superman movie). .
    And I'm fine with that.

The one thing we don't need is a big, actual reboot story; no Crisis in Cinemas, thanks.

Doing what they're doing now, just keeping the stuff that worked and moving forward, is arguably the best realistic option they've got. A Crisis type reboot movie is pointless; they don't have enough continuity to make a reboot mean anything and no one gives a damn anyway, as long as the movies that were successful get sequels. We definitely don't need a movie that points a big finger at everything that went wrong, even to say "We're not doing that stuff again." And starting over with everything, including stuff like Gadot and Mamoa, is just cutting off your nose to spite your face.

So we get a quiet, half-ass reboot where movies ignore the past and contradict it when it suits them.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Nah AQUAMAN was amazing, and SHAZAM was dope. Just keep making solid flicks, and stop worrying about crossovers. Let THE BATMAN be it's own thing
    Make a SUPERMAN that uses what worked about what came before but just does something new

No; why? Besides that I like the more controversial movies there where great successes too.

I want them to move forward with what they've got, keeping as many actors as they can, but with, you know, a pretty significant tonal shift.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

So we get a quiet, half-ass reboot where movies ignore the past and contradict it when it suits them.
    I see this happening. Aquaman and WW get to move forward and everyone else slowly and quietly gets phased out or replaced. So when or if they ever do another Superman movie, my guess is it won't involve Cavill. Momoa may like him but he's not paying the bills. My guess is that the Twilight Batman movie is a backdoor way of creating a secondary movie-verse and any new Superman movies we get may take place there. It'll be like Earth One. Wrap up the ones already in the works and then just drag your feet until everyone moves on and then replace it with something else.
    Assassinate Putin!

Don’t really need one. DC’s attempts to address continuity in universe with big events have never actually worked, and WB seems to be going in a different direction. Assuming another JL movie ever happens, and since that doesn’t seem likely until they figure out Superman, you’re looking at 2025 at the EARLIEST, they will simply ignore the Snyder movies altogether.

Here's what I think -

There's going to be no new Superman movie. WB/DC wouldn't be allowing the Superman & Lois show to get made if there was.

Wonder Woman, Suicide Squad, Harley Quin and Aquaman are going to carry on as their own movie series until the actors give up or until the sequels end for another reason.

Robert Pattinson has signed a contract to basically play Batman until the end of time. At this time he does not exist in the same universe as the others. Eventually the whole rest of the JL characters will get rebooted for integration into Pattinson's Batman universe.

That's what I think is happening here!
    Collects
    80's 90's Post Crisis Era
    Eaglemoss DC Graphic Novels Collection
    New 52 (discontinued)
    DC Rebirth
    DC Black Label