Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    All-New Member

Default Would you like a DCEU reboot?

Well, let`s face it, the DCEU is a failure. This universe had good moments like Wonder-Woman, Aquaman, Shazam and even Man of Steel in my opinion. But.. it also had some very, very bad ones like Batman v Superman, Justice League and Suicide Squad...

So... with the enormous success of Joker, a non DCEU movie, the news that Ben Affleck will no longer play Batman and will be replaced by Robbert Pattinson, some ask themselves what is going to happen to the DCEU? Some even say that the new Batman movie will create a new universe with the Bat-family and that other movies will locate in another universe and other theories and rumors...

Would you like a DCEU reboot? Would you like more individual movies like Joker? Do you want each super-hero to have is own universe? What were the things that you liked more in the DCEU? And the ones that you less enjoyed?

I see a reboot happening anyway but quieter than a formal announcement.

I want all 3

Like they have man aged with their animated movies.

Stand Alones
    A Shared universe and
    films that explore the universe of their bigger IP's as time goes along A batman or Superman universe sounds amazing if they can pull it off.

I don't care if they reboot. i liked all the other movies aside from JL so either way I've always been cool with what DC was doing
    Last edited by Fergus; 12-01-2019 at 12:04 PM.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

There won't be a reboot for a while with DCEU films in the works, but retcons? That's already happening.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I think there will be a soft reboot fairly soon. Especially if they can't get Cavill back. Affleck is gone for good. We know that. And there's no way they are doing a DC movie-verse without a Batman. There were rumors that WW84 was going to be a soft reboot anyway so we'll see how true that is. My guess is, they'll keep the stuff that people liked and ditch the things they didn't. Maybe even get a new Superman.
    Assassinate Putin!

What they're currently doing right now is keep what does work/what people like (Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn) and jettisoning/rebooting what didn't land as well (rebooted Batman and probably why there are still no concrete plans for a new Superman movie).

Had it not been for Wonder Woman and Aquaman being such huge hits, they probably would've just done an outright reboot. In fact, that's the rumored plan they had for Flashpoint before they dropped the idea when Ben Affleck didn't wanna do it.