Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 84
  1. #31
    All-New Member Marvel Wars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Never apologize for Silver Surfer. You gave us Dawn Greenwood. If you died tomorrow after crashing a truck into an orphange for blind puppies, you'd still be the man who gave us Dawn Greenwood.
    Yeah but now Marvel seems to have erased her from continuity since she is not mentioned a single time in Silver Surfer Black and Norrin still think about Shalla-Bal...

  2. #32
    Spectacular Member Omnipitus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Slott View Post
    Hi. For 10 and a half years I shepherded a flagship title at Marvel, with it coming out regularly three to two times a month with no delays. During my solo tenure on that title, in aggregate, its sales went up for the first couple years, till it became Marvel's best selling super hero title from 2012 through the remainder of my tenure.
    After wrapping up that run with a string of over-sized issues (ASM Annual #42, Venom Inc. Omega, and the quadruple-sized ASM #800), I immediately transitioned on to an over-sized issue of Tony Stark Iron Man #1, a double-sized issue of FF #1, and the triple-sized FF #5. Coming off of all of that, I'm sorry that a number of issues had delays of a few weeks here or there. But we're not exactly talking Doomsday Clock or Shazam, are we? There have been 18 issues of TSIM in 18 months (with Gail stepping in to do the 2 War of Realms tie-ins), and 16 issues of FF in 16 months. Please tell me if my math is off here.

    (Now if you want to talk about a non-flagship title that was hit with constant delays, I'll gladly take my lumps for Silver Surfer. The delays on Surfer were 100% on me and never Mike. On the flipside, that series got nominated for an Eisner-- and one of its issues won one. So... Maybe I should be later on things.) ;-)
    Just keep doing what you are doing. I enjoy all your work, and hope to keep doing so for a long time.

  3. #33
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,021

    Default

    Dan Slott would've been good on an X-book but was Axel really gonna give him the whole line? Sounds like a Batman Gambit to get him assassinated by Twitter.
    "Cable was right!"

  4. #34
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    8,768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Slott View Post
    Hi. For 10 and a half years I shepherded a flagship title at Marvel, with it coming out regularly three to two times a month with no delays. During my solo tenure on that title, in aggregate, its sales went up for the first couple years, till it became Marvel's best selling super hero title from 2012 through the remainder of my tenure.
    After wrapping up that run with a string of over-sized issues (ASM Annual #42, Venom Inc. Omega, and the quadruple-sized ASM #800), I immediately transitioned on to an over-sized issue of Tony Stark Iron Man #1, a double-sized issue of FF #1, and the triple-sized FF #5. Coming off of all of that, I'm sorry that a number of issues had delays of a few weeks here or there. But we're not exactly talking Doomsday Clock or Shazam, are we? There have been 18 issues of TSIM in 18 months (with Gail stepping in to do the 2 War of Realms tie-ins), and 16 issues of FF in 16 months. Please tell me if my math is off here.

    (Now if you want to talk about a non-flagship title that was hit with constant delays, I'll gladly take my lumps for Silver Surfer. The delays on Surfer were 100% on me and never Mike. On the flipside, that series got nominated for an Eisner-- and one of its issues won one. So... Maybe I should be later on things.) ;-)
    Praise be to the king.
    Quote Originally Posted by Franklin Richards
    Fragile creatures, we are taught to fear the Reaper!
    Ever running, we are dead before we meet Her!
    Quote Originally Posted by Valeria Richards
    Fearless creatures, we all learn to fight the Reaper!
    Can't defeat Her, so instead I'll have to be Her!

  5. #35
    Claremazon Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Knowhere
    Posts
    2,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Thank god! Sorry FF fans lol.
    I’m enjoying his FF. *shrugs*

  6. #36
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    586

    Default

    I hope nothing in that interview came off as me NOT liking the X-Men side of the Marvel U.
    I religiously followed all of the Claremont/Cockrum/Byrne era all the way up through to the Chris Claremont/Jim Lee era (and I've read all of the Lee/Kirby classic era, of course).
    But after a while I dropped out of the X-Verse after Claremont left. I popped back in for whenever Alan Davis was back. And I was back for the Joss Whedon era X-books and the Grant Morrison era books.
    And I'm all-in for this new Hickman era.

    But there are too many gaps in my knowledge of X-Men lore. And X-Men continuity is important for X-fans, a think I'd be doing a disservice to the readership if I just jumped in and ran roughshod with it or worse-- faked it. And with everything else I'm doing and working on, I don't know if I'd have the proper time to really go in there and fill all the gaps of everything I hadn't read. That responsibility to the lore-- and my gut feeling that I wouldn't be able to do it justice-- is probably the biggest reason I turned down the offer to write the flagship title and steer the overall course of the X-Verse.

  7. #37
    Astonishing Member 5cents's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,317

    Default

    Thank you. Tone is hard to tell when something is written in an article. I’m glad you took the decision seriously and went with your gut feeling.
    First X-Lady

  8. #38
    Fantastic Member Astroman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’m enjoying his FF. *shrugs*
    Yeah, I'm really digging his FF.

  9. #39
    Mutant Midnighter NewMutant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,815

    Default

    Dan Slott isn't a bad writer, his X-Men could be good. I respect him more as a writer for passing on the project if felt he didn't have a story or concept in mind.
    I'm a fighter. I fight for normal people. But I'll never be one. I'm not a hero. Some people can't handle that.

    #midnightermonday

    Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

    IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

  10. #40
    Master of Magnetism Magneto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Québec
    Posts
    1,564

    Default

    Thank god it never happened

  11. #41
    Extraordinary Member spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    9,926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Dan Slott would've been good on an X-book but was Axel really gonna give him the whole line? Sounds like a Batman Gambit to get him assassinated by Twitter.
    Slott + x-men comics twitter seems like a big disaster.

    Good it didn't happened.

    Good to hear from Slott that he didn't felt confident enough to get into x-men because of continuity and then decided to not take the franchise

  12. #42
    Chris-chan of X-fans Maestroneto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    6,353

    Default

    Slott X-Men would’ve been worth it for getting rid of X*vierF*les.

  13. #43
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Slott View Post
    I hope nothing in that interview came off as me NOT liking the X-Men side of the Marvel U.
    I religiously followed all of the Claremont/Cockrum/Byrne era all the way up through to the Chris Claremont/Jim Lee era (and I've read all of the Lee/Kirby classic era, of course).
    But after a while I dropped out of the X-Verse after Claremont left. I popped back in for whenever Alan Davis was back. And I was back for the Joss Whedon era X-books and the Grant Morrison era books.
    And I'm all-in for this new Hickman era.

    But there are too many gaps in my knowledge of X-Men lore. And X-Men continuity is important for X-fans, a think I'd be doing a disservice to the readership if I just jumped in and ran roughshod with it or worse-- faked it. And with everything else I'm doing and working on, I don't know if I'd have the proper time to really go in there and fill all the gaps of everything I hadn't read. That responsibility to the lore-- and my gut feeling that I wouldn't be able to do it justice-- is probably the biggest reason I turned down the offer to write the flagship title and steer the overall course of the X-Verse.
    Much respect. i truly enjoy the classy responses.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  14. #44
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Hey, Alonso isn't the worst. DiDio is angering a lot of the DC fanbase right now. Things like Nightwing getting shot and Jon Kent getting aged up have pissed people off.
    Yes because BOTH are beyond stupid ideas.

  15. #45
    Mighty Member Dante Milton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Praise be to the king.
    Kirby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Slott X-Men would’ve been worth it for getting rid of X*vierF*les.
    I doubt that would be enough for him to quit, he seems like a completionist.

    I have no opinion on Dan Slott.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •