Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

In my Beyonce voice "Thank God we dodged a bullet"
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Good for him???
    Those are all really good comics. Especially Hawkeye, FF, Superior foes, and Uncanny X-Force.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Hey, Alonso isn't the worst. DiDio is angering a lot of the DC fanbase right now. Things like Nightwing getting shot and Jon Kent getting aged up have pissed people off.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

DiDio's got to be so happy that all the DC Universe shows have the characters saying '****' every ten seconds. Because DC comics aren't just for kids!

Seriously though, it's gotten really egregious. Could barely get through Harley Quinn.

Mighty Member

It's like for every good idea that comes under this guy's tenure as EiC, a bad idea decides to creep into the office and try to eclipse the goodness.

Slott on X-Men...

On one hand, I do not like his writing at all (only thing by him I've read and genuinely liked was Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows, and even that is far from the best comics writing I've seen), so I don't exactly see him as a good choice for anything like that in and of itself (but I am a very traditionalist Spidey fan, so take that with a grain of salt). On the other hand, Slott's passion seems to be for big ideas stuff that's not very grounded (pretty much the exact opposite of Spider-Man in a lot of ways, IMHO). To me, that sounds like he could've worked will with X-Men. But, if he didn't want to, don't see a problem with him turning that down.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    I'm just imagining Slott getting into it daily with x-twitter...would've been something to see.
    Yeah, I think it would've been something similar to the flame wars we got during his tenure on Spidey; comic book fans hate change, and Slott seem to thrive on slaughtering sacred cows for the sake of the story (whether that is a good thing or bad thing can be debated).

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Hey, Alonso isn't the worst. DiDio is angering a lot of the DC fanbase right now. Things like Nightwing getting shot and Jon Kent getting aged up have pissed people off.
    Honestly, fans being unhappy with new stuff just seems like business as usual to me.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

It’s one thing to hate change, but intentionally messing with stuff for the sake of it sucks and it very bad. The Ric Grayson thing is hated because it’s a drawn out storyline that everyone hated from the beginning. Not to mention this was also done around the same time as Heroes in Crisis. Breaking **** shouldn’t be considered change.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Those are all really good comics. Especially Hawkeye, FF, Superior foes, and Uncanny X-Force.
    Having bad ideas doesn’t exempt someone from also recognizing good concepts that are pitched to him.
    Last edited by Tycon; 12-01-2019 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterParked View Post
    Sure. It’s tenure only gave us Fraction/Aja Hawkeye, Waid/Rodriguez/Samnee Daredevil, Remender/Acuna/Noto Uncanny X-Force, Hickman FF and Avengers, Gillen/Mc Kelvin Young Avengers, Wilson Ms. Marvel, Aaron/Ribic/Dautermann Thor, Duggan Deadpool, Spencer/ Lieber Superior Foes, North Squirrel Girl etc.
    I agree. Alonso was really good for Marvel IMO, despite this very very very bad proposal. Marvel NOW! is my favorite era of non-X-Men Marvel comics.

Maybe on an off-the-wall spinoff title, but I don't think Slott would be the right choice to shepherd the franchise, unless you want Uncanny or the flagship title to get hit with constant delays.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe on an off-the-wall spinoff title, but I don't think Slott would be the right choice to shepherd the franchise, unless you want Uncanny or the flagship title to get hit with constant delays.
    Hi. For 10 and a half years I shepherded a flagship title at Marvel, with it coming out regularly three to two times a month with no delays. During my solo tenure on that title, in aggregate, its sales went up for the first couple years, till it became Marvel's best selling super hero title from 2012 through the remainder of my tenure.
    After wrapping up that run with a string of over-sized issues (ASM Annual #42, Venom Inc. Omega, and the quadruple-sized ASM #800), I immediately transitioned on to an over-sized issue of Tony Stark Iron Man #1, a double-sized issue of FF #1, and the triple-sized FF #5. Coming off of all of that, I'm sorry that a number of issues had delays of a few weeks here or there. But we're not exactly talking Doomsday Clock or Shazam, are we? There have been 18 issues of TSIM in 18 months (with Gail stepping in to do the 2 War of Realms tie-ins), and 16 issues of FF in 16 months. Please tell me if my math is off here.

(Now if you want to talk about a non-flagship title that was hit with constant delays, I'll gladly take my lumps for Silver Surfer. The delays on Surfer were 100% on me and never Mike. On the flipside, that series got nominated for an Eisner-- and one of its issues won one. So... Maybe I should be later on things.) ;-)
    Last edited by Dan Slott; 12-01-2019 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Slott View Post
    Hi. For 10 and a half years I shepherded a flagship title at Marvel, with it coming out regularly three to two times a month with no delays. During my solo tenure on that title, in aggregate, its sales went up for the first couple years, till it became Marvel's best selling super hero title from 2012 through the entirety of my tenure.
    After wrapping up that run with a string of over over-sized issues (ASM Annual #42, Venom Inc. Omega, and the quadruple-sized ASM #800), I immediately transitioned on to an over-sized issue of Tony Stark Iron Man #1, a double-sized issue of FF #1, and the triple-sized FF #5. Coming off of all of that, I'm sorry that a number of issues had delays of a few weeks here or there. But we're not exactly talking Doomsday Clock or Shazam, are we? There have been 18 issues of TSIM in 18 months (with Gail stepping in to do the 2 War of Realms tie-ins), and 16 issues of FF in 16 months. Please tell me if my math is off here.
    Oof. Gonna need a senzu for that one.

Hi. For 10 and a half years I shepherded a flagship title at Marvel, with it coming out regularly three to two times a month with no delays. During my solo tenure on that title, in aggregate, its sales went up for the first couple years, till it became Marvel's best selling super hero title from 2012 through the remainder of my tenure.
    After wrapping up that run with a string of over-sized issues (ASM Annual #42, Venom Inc. Omega, and the quadruple-sized ASM #800), I immediately transitioned on to an over-sized issue of Tony Stark Iron Man #1, a double-sized issue of FF #1, and the triple-sized FF #5. Coming off of all of that, I'm sorry that a number of issues had delays of a few weeks here or there. But we're not exactly talking Doomsday Clock or Shazam, are we? There have been 18 issues of TSIM in 18 months (with Gail stepping in to do the 2 War of Realms tie-ins), and 16 issues of FF in 16 months. Please tell me if my math is off here.

(Now if you want to talk about a non-flagship title that was hit with constant delays, I'll gladly take my lumps for Silver Surfer. The delays on Surfer were 100% on me and never Mike. On the flipside, that series got nominated for an Eisner-- and one of its issues won one. So... Maybe I should be later on things.) ;-)
    Never apologize for Silver Surfer. You gave us Dawn Greenwood. If you died tomorrow after crashing a truck into an orphange for blind puppies, you'd still be the man who gave us Dawn Greenwood.

I would love to have Slott and Hickman on the books, just because it would be hilarious the level no F's given towards the fans.

Nevermind. 10 char
    Last edited by Crimz; 12-01-2019 at 11:55 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

But we're not exactly talking Doomsday Clock or Shazam, are we?
    Oof, yeah, Geoff Johns may be a good writer, but two whole years for a 12 issue maxi-series is ridiculous.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman