Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Betsy & Kwannon’s powers

Now that they are both seperated back in their original bodies how do we differentiate their power set since the split. What will each of their new power sets be or will they both have the exact same powers ?

'Kwannon" is the martial artist ninja with telepathy and the psy-knife.

Betsy has the TP/TK shield and sword who has hand2hand brawler combat skills. Plus whatever the Amulet of Right gives her power wise.
    Last edited by CGAR; 11-30-2019 at 04:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post

Betsy has the TP/TK shield and sword brawler who has hand2hand combat skills. Plus whatever the Amulet of Right gives her power wise.
    kwannon now has telekinesis. shes Betsy lite

Yeah but the OP question is how to differentiate them.

Did you have a suggestion? Or did you want to tell Psylocke and Captain Britain fans what powers their favorite characters have?

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Give Kwannon some of Psylocke's Capcom techs (Psy Blast) and super art (Kochou Gakure).
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Spectacular Member

Here's how I think we can tell them apart:

Kwannon(Psylock):"a ninja with psionic powers."

Elizabeth(Captain Britain): "a psychic who can make swords and shields."
    Last edited by PotniaTheron; 11-30-2019 at 04:25 AM.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Maybe have Betsy start fighting like Servant Saber.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    kwannon now has telekinesis. shes Betsy lite
    lol the op asked if they will have the exact same power sets or new ones.
    and you mentioned only telepathy and psi knife for psylocke which is why i mentioned that she has telekinesis now.

Psylocke seems to be focusing on the psychic knife more than the varied psychic weapons that Betsy has been making

So Betsy has more range and variety, Psylocke is specialized

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post

Betsy has the TP/TK shield and sword who has hand2hand brawler combat skills. Plus whatever the Amulet of Right gives her power wise.
    Yeah, Betsy should have all of Brian's powers now, unless they're going to retcon Brian as being a mutant (frankly, it's odd that he isn't, because both of his siblings are).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, Betsy should have all of Brian's powers now, unless they're going to retcon Brian as being a mutant (frankly, it's odd that he isn't, because both of his siblings are).
    If it were up to me:

Betsy would be a psychic Mimic and she doesn’t know it. Her mutation allows her to copy psychic talents.
    She copied telepathy from her schoolmate, precognition from a family friend, telekinesis from a teammate, teleportation from an enemy. She can’t use them at the same time, and can’t even use precognition actively. In fact, her psychic arsenal actually wavers over time unless she interacts with native psi-talents.
    - this explains her loss of some powers and gain of others
    - fairly unique mechanic, psychic skills as weapons

Kwannon is a haptic empath, amplified exponentially by her Betsy occupancy. She can sense emotions, even incredibly subtle ones. In order to incept emotions into a target, she must make physical contact. Her amplifications include her psychic knife “the focused totality of her mental powers.” She can induce a seizure with a proper psychic knife melee strike. She DOES run the risk of swapping minds with her target if she holds on too long.
    - makes her a novice at typical telepathy and expert at her specific type of empathy
    - makes her the psychic knife user
    - gives her a Rogue-like reason to avoid emotional and physical intimacy

Brian would be a psychic Omega Red. He can fade out thoughts, deaden acuity, even off-switch minds. He had his mutant powers completely turned off by Otherworld wizards when he broke his older brother’s mind. Jamie was repaired, but broken again in time.

BANNED

I’m ok with them having roughly the same power set which seems to be the case. Psychics are in abundance in the mutant world, including those with TP and TK, but they generally have distinct personalities and POVs. That’s what counts most and will count most with these two.

I just hope Betsy will remain more skilled in the use of her powers since it'd make more sense for her having used them for years. So a wider range of psychic constructs, while Kwannon should mostly specialize on the knife for H2H. Plus I'd like Kwannon to be a pure telepath/empath.

So Elizabeth has forgotten ALL her fighting skills after ALL those years??? Hard to believe...
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

I believe they will be shown to essentially have the same power set but really this was a good time to revert both to having one power: telepathy. Neither should be telekinetic at this point. I think it is funny that during the Disassembled run JDW on twitter said Betsy was primarily telepathic but during the books at the time the character stated she had tk weapons (though the script for Uncanny X-men 1 had her saying either psychic or psionic weapons). I don't think the creators can keep up with their powers.

For years the x-men had a ton of telepaths (Xavier, Emma, Besty, Quentin, the cuckoos,) now we have a lot of tp/tk: Jean Grey, Quentin, Besty, Kwannon, Rachel, Cable, X-man, Stryfe, Apocalypse, and whoever else I'm missing. I'm surprised Emma and the cuckoos do not develop tk next (or Xavier for that matter).

I liked it when Betsy had specialized tp powers, but that could be given back to Kwannon and Betsy would retain being a full range telepath. I think they are going to go with both are powerful full range tp/tk though. I think Kwannon has been shown to levitate but mostly uses tp knives. Betsy has been shown with both tp and tk as Captain Britain.