View Poll Results: Who are your favorite new characters from James Tyrion IV's Run?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Punchline

21 40.38%
  • Clownhunter

14 26.92%
  • Designer

3 5.77%
  • Underbroker

9 17.31%
  • Ghostmaker

19 36.54%
  • Gardener

11 21.15%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Who are your favorite new characters from James Tyrion IV's Run?

Since taking over the run from Tom King, James Tyrion IV has been bringing a lot of new characters to the Bat-Verse. Which have been your particular favorite so far?

Want to give it a bit more time before I cast my vote

I’ll say Ghostmaker now that he’s no longer trying to show he’s better then Bruce. When he first showed up he was something we’ve seen before “oh I’m the new hero in Gotham and Batman is a failure”, but now that he’s just Batman’s childhood friend who was there training with him and is now sort of his fight buddy and has something of a more fun personality then I would say he’s a much more enjoyable character.

Punchline is about a close second though, mainly because she’s useful in that we don’t have to worry about Harley potentially regressing in character so she fills a need with Harley gone. Although she definitely is interesting in her own right.
    Last edited by sifighter; 03-27-2021 at 09:56 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

I dont vote but if i have to choose, my pick would be Clownhunter. Sure Ghostmaker is written to be more likeable but i feel Clownhunter has more use as a character in Gotham. A more civillian perspective. Batman doesnt need another crime fighting partner since he already has his manservants and Ghostmaker doesnt have a strong motive to stay in Gotham.
    Last edited by prepmaster; 03-27-2021 at 10:20 AM.

Voted Underbroker cause he just makes so makes so much sense as someone operating in Gotham. I wanna see more of him in his day job. Ghost Maker would be sound though. So fun seeing a friend of Bruce’s on this level who’s not a junior to him like Nightwing. Really interested in how he will play off Nightwing actually.

Incredible Member

Not trying to be a troll but I don't care for any of them and none of them feel like an organic part of the Batman mythos. Tynion's OC creation skills these days are seriously lacking. (What's up with them all having the "-er" suffix? Lazy as heck.)

Astonishing Member

Definitely still Clownhunter and Ghost-Maker. I appreciate the introduction of complex-minded, cool Asian characters (and Asian males at that; lead-worthy Asian males always feel like a rarity in Western media and works) into Batman's world. And as mentioned above, I love that Bruce has someone on his level to play around with who isn't Bruce's junior. Plus, I just think they're cool; Clownhunter's Akira aesthetic and Ghost-Maker's tech style just work it for me!

Honorable mention goes to the idea of Punchline.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 03-27-2021 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleGlovez View Post
    Not trying to be a troll but I don't care for any of them and none of them feel like an organic part of the Batman mythos. Tynion's OC creation skills these days are seriously lacking. (What's up with them all having the "-er" suffix? Lazy as heck.)
    Pretty much feel the same. I liked the designer idea, but the rest of them are unoriginal kiddie characters.

I quite reading Batman as a result.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Does Mayor Nakano count

Underbroker for now since Ghost-Maker is like... standard... because his premise is shonen rival

Mighty Member

Still a little too early to say for sure but I voted for Clownhunter.

I also like Ghost-Maker and the Underbroker works as a character operating in Gotham.

I am not a huge fan of Punchline but so far I like the story he using her to tell with Leslie Thompkins, Harper Row, and Cullen Row

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Too early. Give me about 6 months to get a better grasp on them. Odds on it’ll be a female character tho.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    Still a little too early to say for sure but I voted for Clownhunter.

I also like Ghost-Maker and the Underbroker works as a character operating in Gotham.

I am not a huge fan of Punchline but so far I like the story he using her to tell with Leslie Thompkins, Harper Row, and Cullen Row
    Just wanted to point out in general, but for the record, this was multiple choice, so you could have voted for more than one person.

Went w. Punchline and Gardener.

Punchline has been fairly memorable to me, unlike the other characters. Gardener, without having actually having seen her in action, is at least cute slash well designed.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Does Mayor Nakano count
    Was he a Tynion-created character?

Did he appear anywhere prior to the Mariko Tamaki / Dan Mora story in Detective Comics #1027 (when he was still a police officer)?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Was he a Tynion-created character?

Did he appear anywhere prior to the Mariko Tamaki / Dan Mora story in Detective Comics #1027 (when he was still a police officer)?
    Forgot the writer....

No, 1027 was first appearance.