View Poll Results: Whose Batman work do you enjoy more?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Scott Snyder

75 75.76%
  • Tom King

24 24.24%

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Amazing Member

Default Scott Snyder vs. Tom King: Who is the better writer?

Of this decade, Scott Snyder and Tom King are probably the two biggest Batman writers that first come to mind. So which writer do you personally think is better? Which writer do you think has a better grasp on Bruce Wayne's character and his world?

I wasn't the biggest fan of Snyder's run but I didn't bounce back and forth between being bored and being annoyed like I have with the latter half of King's

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I wasn't the biggest fan of Snyder's run but I didn't bounce back and forth between being bored and being annoyed like I have with the latter half of King's
    I personally loved most of Snyder's run, but have had some very mixed feelings towards King's.

Incredible Member

def synder. I feel like he understood the char more and brought more to the lore rather than just have every villain know Batman's ID and do shock value things that have no meaning in the end.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    def synder. I feel like he understood the char more and brought more to the lore rather than just have every villain know Batman's ID and do shock value things that have no meaning in the end.
    Snyder's Batman run is definitely a modern classic. King's definitely has some great moments, but has been far too inconsistent in my opinion for me to view it in the same light.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

With Snyder you can jump in at any arc and know what is going, but with King it is one giant story so it isn't new reader friendly.

Also Snyder's Batman is bombastic big hyper excess; King's is reserved, completive, and poetic. So if you want big action go with Snyder if you want a long form story King.