Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Extraordinary Member

Default 10 Most Important DC Stories Of The Decade

From CBR. Your thoughts on the list? And remember, there's not a lot of quality stories to choose from in this decade.

https://www.cbr.com/dc-comics-most-i...tories-decade/

10. Convergence
    9. Action Comics #1
    8. Heroes In Crisis
    7. Man Of Steel
    6. Court Of Owls
    5. Multiversity
    4. Dark Knights: Metal
    3. Doomsday Clock
    2. Flashpoint
    1. DC Rebirth #1

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    From CBR. Your thoughts on the list? And remember, there's not a lot of quality stories to choose from in this decade.

https://www.cbr.com/dc-comics-most-i...tories-decade/

10. Convergence
    9. Action Comics #1
    8. Heroes In Crisis
    7. Man Of Steel
    6. Court Of Owls
    5. Multiversity
    4. Dark Knights: Metal
    3. Doomsday Clock
    2. Flashpoint
    1. DC Rebirth #1
    Yuck! What a dreadful list. Man it has been a rough decade! Deservedly, DC Rebirth 1 takes the top spot even though it didn’t really lead to anything new. It was a much needed breath of fresh air.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Wait Convergence is important? Isn't the only relevant result from that is Jon Kent? Well, I guess that's why it's so low...

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Of those I only like Action #1 and Multiversity. Doomsday Clock is important thus far, but we need to see if the landing sticks to see if it ultimately good and will stand the test of time.

The rest range from "meh" to bad

lol !
    BB

Mighty Member

That's a weird list if we're talking about importance. Action Comics #1 and Multiversity have not been followed up on at all (even if I love both). Heroes in Crisis's only impact (so far) is a Wally West miniseries that seems to be about rehabilitating the character for what happened to him in HiC - no one is following up on how damaged our heroes are and how much they need to be healed. Convergence led to the Lois and Clark mini which led to Rebirth Superman after New 52 Superman died which led to Reborn, so . . . kind of? But wouldn't you just put Reborn or the Lois and Clark mini on there? I like Bendis's run on Superman but Man of Steel was a pretty straightforward first story by a new writer. I wouldn't say it was particularly better or worse than Jurgens or Tomasi's opening salvos.

The top four are unassailable in terms of effect on the DC Universe and comics in general.

I would think any of Darkseid War, The Button, either of Batman 24 or 50, Green Lanterns, Super Sons, or Young Justice would be better choices for 5-10 (well, Court of Owls can stay)
    Blue text denotes sarcasm