Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Fun that we have different wants. I've always been into the idea of Steve as a love interest (and disinterested in any other), even if I think the execution has failed a lot (golden age, he worked for me). I dislike the immortal thing for both Diana and Clark.

Probably the current Year One origin by Rucka. He writes a great Diana and it was just a really good story.
    I liked it over all and think it may be the best we've gotten, but it's still not quite my scene. I'm not into the cursed/sympathetic villain angle with Cheetah (or any villain, really - just not an archetype I like), and I really like all the Amazons having the same powers as Diana. But the emotional tone was great, and I liked the parallelling with Diana and Steve and really like how Hippolyta handled the competition.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 12-04-2019 at 11:33 AM.

Spectacular Member

My favorite retcon is Diana not being the god of war. Her being immortal is already bad enough, but giving her more power than she already has is useless, she already has plenty and with more power come more boring stuff without difficulties (othe biggest reason i don't like superman much). Super speed barely used, talk to the animals only in our dreams (only exception in come back to me), etc.

Retired

If retcons are retroactive continuity, then it's hard to say if something that adds on is really a retcon. I like the mod Diana Prince, but is that a retcon? Wonder Tot and Wonder Girl adventures seem like retcons, but maybe those adventures just add on to the story. I like the retcon of Hippolyte as the WW II Wonder Woman, but only because it compensates for retconning Wonder Woman out of the JSA--and the best option would be to have Diana in WW II, which wouldn't be a retcon since it would be restoring the original continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Manakel View Post
    My favorite retcon is Diana not being the god of war. Her being immortal is already bad enough, but giving her more power than she already has is useless, she already has plenty and with more power come more boring stuff without difficulties (othe biggest reason i don't like superman much). Super speed barely used, talk to the animals only in our dreams (only exception in come back to me), etc.
    Yeah, I'm with you there. I didn't specify in opening post, and it's absolutely fine to mention these, but I really was thinking of non "fix-it" retcons - nothing that was retconned to specifically "fix" a bad storyline/event. There are so many of those (for so many characters). Or at least nothing that was retconned to go back to a previous status quo - you know, retcons that added new things.

I guess Jim Gordon having a daughter would be one of those. I definitely consider Wonder Girl as Donna one. Lois' dad as career military. Thawne killing Barry's mother. And then a fix-it is Leslie not letting Stephanie Brown die, Hal being possessed by Parallax, etc.

If retcons are retroactive continuity, then it's hard to say if something that adds on is really a retcon. I like the mod Diana Prince, but is that a retcon?
    I don't think so, but haven't read those issues, so can't be sure exactly what happened there.

Wonder Tot and Wonder Girl adventures seem like retcons, but maybe those adventures just add on to the story.
    Those are definitely retcons to me because they change the past - Steve isn't the first man she saw, etc.

I like the retcon of Hippolyte as the WW II Wonder Woman, but only because it compensates for retconning Wonder Woman out of the JSA--and the best option would be to have Diana in WW II, which wouldn't be a retcon since it would be restoring the original continuity.
    Not my thing - I've talked about my issues with WWII starting timeframe before - but it's pretty common one people like, it seems.

Bringing Steve Trevor back as Diana's love interest.