Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Strongest Avatar character that Elsa can defeat?

As of the ending to Frozen 2, who is the strongest character from the Avatar the Last Airbender Franchise that Elsa can defeat in a fight?

Extraordinary Member

Elsa might be able to beat high-level water benders considering she stopped a tsunami caused by a dam collapse. Plus unlike Avatar waterbenders she can create her own snow and ice and isn't limited by what's already in the environment, so she has an advantage that firebenders usually have.

The problem is it's very difficult to determine just how powerful the spirits which Elsa tames are, so there's no way knowing if her defeating the wind spirit would translate to defeating an airbender, ect, I'd probably give most fights to the big-name Avatar characters since their feats are more clearly defined and they have a clear speed advantage.

Another thing in Elsa's favor is she can create sentient snow creatures that are loyal to her.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Although it might be a one-off, she's quick enough to respond to someone loosing a crossbow bolt at her at close range.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Elsa might be able to beat high-level water benders considering she stopped a tsunami caused by a dam collapse. Plus unlike Avatar waterbenders she can create her own snow and ice and isn't limited by what's already in the environment, so she has an advantage that firebenders usually have.

The problem is it's very difficult to determine just how powerful the spirits which Elsa tames are, so there's no way knowing if her defeating the wind spirit would translate to defeating an airbender, ect, I'd probably give most fights to the big-name Avatar characters since their feats are more clearly defined and they have a clear speed advantage.
    Well defeating the Wind Spirit did involve overpowering a tornado
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Although it might be a one-off, she's quick enough to respond to someone loosing a crossbow bolt at her at close range.
    She also managed to react to the Water Spirit, which can cross a hefty distance pretty quickly

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    As of the ending to Frozen 2, who is the strongest character from the Avatar the Last Airbender Franchise that Elsa can defeat in a fight?
    Theoretically, she could just go to some non-polar civilization and set off an eternal winter, then go about her business while watching everyone freeze to death and/or starve, if that counts.

She's also immune to the cold which is often forgotten and the Ocean scene shows she's surprisingly durable considering how rough those waves and ice were.

But yeah, she just creates an army and chills

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    She's also immune to the cold which is often forgotten and the Ocean scene shows she's surprisingly durable considering how rough those waves and ice were.

But yeah, she just creates an army and chills
    Granted it's hard to understand exactly what happened in the belly of the glacier, but it seems the idea that Elsa is truly 'not bothered' by the cold no longer holds water, no pun in intended, since she literally froze to death.

Granted it's hard to understand exactly what happened in the belly of the glacier, but it seems the idea that Elsa is truly 'not bothered' by the cold no longer holds water, no pun in intended, since she literally froze to death.
    It looks like a powerful enough entity can freeze her but is immune to it otherwise.

Spectacular Member

From what I've heard and assuming in character, probably Ozai. Her powers seem hax and potent enough to take out legit Avatars too, though. I don't know that bonding with Raava grants some innate cold resistance.

Yeah, given that she literally didn't feel cold until she encountered deep and shameful truths about her family, nation and way of life, I don't really think it has to do so much with the cold as much as esoteric magical shenanigans. It literally does not make sense otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    Yeah, given that she literally didn't feel cold until she encountered deep and shameful truths about her family, nation and way of life, I don't really think it has to do so much with the cold as much as esoteric magical shenanigans. It literally does not make sense otherwise.
    That's what I was thinking. Every other time she never felt cold, not in the snow covered mountains nor when she fell into ice cold waters.

One of the few areas the Avatar characters can win in is if they can get in close, because Elsa has literally no combat training in the slightest so any martial artist quick enough may be able to take her down.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    One of the few areas the Avatar characters can win in is if they can get in close, because Elsa has literally no combat training in the slightest so any martial artist quick enough may be able to take her down.
    This is maybe true, but she does display some very salutatory reflexes in stopping crossbow bolts after they are fired, mid-flight.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    This is maybe true, but she does display some very salutatory reflexes in stopping crossbow bolts after they are fired, mid-flight.
    Was that intentional or instinct ?