Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Default The 12 Days of Santa Doom

Inspired by the return Reviresco's Sub-Mariner Advent Calendar, once again I bring you The 12 Days of Santa Doom!. which I posted some years back before the board rebooted, around 2015 IIRC.

The story of Santa Doom was told by Scott Lobdell and John Byrne in the What The -- ? #10 Xmas Special. The story was reprinted in the Marvel Holiday Magazine (2010). So I will be mashing up Santa Doom with the 12 Days of Christmas, probably one of the more annoying holiday songs.

On the first day of Christmas, Santa Doom gave to me......

A Throne Made of Asgard's World Tree

First seen in the Jonathan Hickman / Esad Ribic magnum opus Secret Wars series in issue #2, we see God Emperor Doom on his throne made from the World Tree with Sheriff Stephen Strange and the Emperor's Royal Consort in attendance as judgement as passed in a dispute between Captain Britain and Mister Sinister.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 12-15-2019 at 06:17 PM.

On the second day of Christmas, Santa Doom gave to me....
    Two Doomy Bears
    and a Throne made of Asgard's World Tree

The Doomy bear was Doom's comfort plush animal on the greatly missed (by me anyway) Superhero Squad cartoon on the Cartoon Network. There was also an online game that lasted longer than the cartoon and was a lot of fun to play. It had a lot of the same voice actors from the TV show. Doom was voiced by noted voice actor Charlie Adler whose credits also include Super Skrull and MODOK in other Marvel cartoons and Starscream in the Transformer movies

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Yes!!! I'm so glad you are doing this!

Always a good start with Hickman and Ribic! And Doomy Bear!!! I so want one of those.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Thanks for the encouragement. I really wanted a Doomy bear too. I was trying to see if I could somehow make one using materials from the Build a Bear store but no luck! I'd have to find someone to make the little costume.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Yes!!! I'm so glad you are doing this!
    Seconded!

I don't remember the Doomy Bear though. I may need to get out the Super Hero Squad DVDs and rewatch the show again....

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Seconded!

I don't remember the Doomy Bear though. I may need to get out the Super Hero Squad DVDs and rewatch the show again....
    He only appears a couple of times in season one. He's in the one where Doom has to get his mojo back and he does the Rocky Balboa thing...I think I made my own DVD of a group of the episodes but have to find it.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    That is awesome!!!

I think the creator of that Doom armor posted it on the Doom appreciation thread a while back. I forgot his posting name though. Great idea with Doom's Naughty List!

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

That Santa Doom cosplay is the best! What a great idea. I love his list, with both Richards AND Josh Trank on it! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I think the creator of that Doom armor posted it on the Doom appreciation thread a while back. I forgot his posting name though. Great idea with Doom's Naughty List!
    Is that him? I remember his posting his pics -- the armor was good!

He only appears a couple of times in season one. He's in the one where Doom has to get his mojo back and he does the Rocky Balboa thing...I think I made my own DVD of a group of the episodes but have to find it.
    Doesn't Doomy Bear appear in the Coco Von Doom episodes?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    That Santa Doom cosplay is the best! What a great idea. I love his list, with both Richards AND Josh Trank on it! LOL!

Is that him? I remember his posting his pics -- the armor was good!

Doesn't Doomy Bear appear in the Coco Von Doom episodes?
    That could be. I haven't watched the episodes I put on a DVD in a while. I'll have to find that it. Now I better get the update done!

On the the Third Day of Christmas, Santa Doom gave to me
    Three Bengal Tigers
    Two Doomy Bears
    And a Throne Made from Asgard's World Tree

This goes back to Doom's first appearance in Fantastic Four #5 . Not only does Doom have a pet tiger he keeps around the castle but he was flying around in a helicopter with a shark-like paint job.

At this point in time, Stan and Jack hadn't given much background to Doom's origin. The castle he is using for his lair is in Upstate New York. It would eventually be abandoned when Doom gets his full origin in Fantastic Four Annual #2. But the castle does figure in some other stories in the 70s and 80s. Diablo uses it as a hideout when he kidnaps Valeria and tries to force Doom into an alliance in Doom's first solo comic in MSH #20. Later it will be taken over by Arcade. After that I can't recall it being used much. But the fate of that tiger was always a mystery. Did Doom still have it? Does he have other pets? Did he give it a name?

The picture I put together does show the return of the Tiger in the repeated panels on the left and the right. But unfortunately I can't remember what series that was from. I was just so intrigued that the tiger showed up again after all that time! I thought it was from Iron Man: Legacy of Doom since that was the last chapter of David Michelenie and Bob Layton's Iron Man/Doctor Doom trilogy that started way back with Iron Man 149-150. If I find it, I will update this. But that tiger remains M.I.A

Update: This panel comes from Marvel's Infinite comics line that came out in 2014 / 2015. They were digital comics on the Marvel site. The The panel with Doom and his pet Tiger appeared in Avengers Vs Infinity and the artist is Ron Lim. Latveria was under attack from pony-tail Dracula and the Avengers came to help. These stories are not in current continuity from what I can tell. Too bad....that still leaves the mystery of the fate of Doom's pet tiger
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 12-16-2019 at 07:49 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I realized a few days ago there are Santa Doom cosplayers!

Santa Doom Is Here To Spread Festive Cheer IN ALL CAPS

Cool, even disregarding the Christmas theme that's an excellent Doctor Doom cosplay in its own right.

Amazing Member

On the the Third Day of Christmas, Santa Doom gave to me
    Three Bengal Tigers
    Two Doomy Bears
    And a Throne Made from Asgard's World Tree

This goes back to Doom's first appearance in Fantastic Four #5 . Not only does Doom have a pet tiger he keeps around the castle but he was flying around in a helicopter with a shark-like paint job.

At this point in time, Stan and Jack hadn't given much background to Doom's origin. The castle he is using for his lair is in Upstate New York. It would eventually be abandoned when Doom gets his full origin in Fantastic Four Annual #2. But the castle does figure in some other stories in the 70s and 80s. Diablo uses it as a hideout when he kidnaps Valeria and tries to force Doom into an alliance in Doom's first solo comic in MSH #20. Later it will be taken over by Arcade. After that I can't recall it being used much. But the fate of that tiger was always a mystery. Did Doom still have it? Does he have other pets? Did he give it a name?

The picture I put together does show the return of the Tiger in the repeated panels on the left and the right. But unfortunately I can't remember what series that was from. I was just so intrigued that the tiger showed up again after all that time! I thought it was from Iron Man: Legacy of Doom since that was the last chapter of David Michelenie and Bob Layton's Iron Man/Doctor Doom trilogy that started way back with Iron Man 149-150. If I find it, I will update this. But that tiger remains M.I.A

Update: This panel comes from Marvel's Infinite comics line that came out in 2014 / 2015. They were digital comics on the Marvel site. The The panel with Doom and his pet Tiger appeared in Avengers Vs Infinity and the artist is Ron Lim. Latveria was under attack from pony-tail Dracula and the Avengers came to help. These stories are not in current continuity from what I can tell. Too bad....that still leaves the mystery of the fate of Doom's pet tiger
    I believe it was also used in FF #200 for the showdown with Richards.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintor View Post
    Cool, even disregarding the Christmas theme that's an excellent Doctor Doom cosplay in its own right.
    It's more than likely he posted the original armor in one of the closed Doctor Doom threads. I may try and find it if I get a chance.