Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I'm definitely hoping for a Namor solo this year with lots of variant cover art too!

I never knew the Buscema cover was made into a stamp! That's so cool!

Scott Kolins trident was also too busy for me, I really enjoy it when Namor either has the Buscema trident or something more simplistic. But that's a definite improvement in the crown!

Thanks so much for doing this thread this year Rev!!!
    Happy I could do so and that folks enjoyed it.

Yeah, Kolins might have been able to put a few more jewels and scroll work on that trident. But I don't mind it too much. Especially since Namor is in his non-decorative speedo.

Oh yes. USPS put out a whole sheet of Marvel stamps, and each character had 2. One was an action pose, and the other was a comicbook cover. Somehow, by a miracle, they put Namor on the sheet. I was happily stunned and amazed.

There was a lot of merchandise that came out with this, from First Day covers, to post cards, to even pins.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Happy I could do so and that folks enjoyed it.

Yeah, Kolins might have been able to put a few more jewels and scroll work on that trident. But I don't mind it too much. Especially since Namor is in his non-decorative speedo.

Oh yes. USPS put out a whole sheet of Marvel stamps, and each character had 2. One was an action pose, and the other was a comicbook cover. Somehow, by a miracle, they put Namor on the sheet. I was happily stunned and amazed.

There was a lot of merchandise that came out with this, from First Day covers, to post cards, to even pins.
    Thanks for sharing this!!! It's so cool!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I bought that sheet of stamps when it came out too!. I got a frame that is specially sized for displaying a sheet of U.S. Postage stamps, either from Hobby Lobby or Michael's. It's in my curio cabinet with my Bowen statues. I also bought the sheet of Universal Studios classic monster. They were from paintings and I googled for the artist's name and it is Thomas Blackshear. There were also magnets of each of the stamps. I still have those too. They are not particularly valuable but I just like them

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 12-26-2019 at 11:27 PM.