Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Claremont was the first one to put Karma on a bus. And she kept dipping in and out of the book afterwards

And she was the secret antagonist of the last incarnation of the team
    I always thought Karma was sidelined because she was from that FF Annual and Claremont didn’t want her, but he bloody wrote that too. Guess it was really that her power is problematic to write, but that team just got whiter and blonder as it went.

/off topic

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

It just takes me the **** out of the "New Direction" mandate when I see the same old faces getting used across multiple books.

Like, **** off Emma, Logan, Scott, Jean, Kitty, Psylocke, et al.

Like I certainly DO NOT want some sappy ass fan service book cheaply pandered together where a writer just ends up trolling POC characters because there's a clamor for them. I had enough of that bullshit in the 2000's and it was so fuckin trite that I stopped not only buying, but supporting the industry as a cultural medium in general- especially the big 2.

But when you've got the opportunity to actually radically put your whole ass into a new direction, a new world, with characters who represent a spectrum of readership and who may be templates for a kind of character that perhaps you've always wanted to experiment with, then NOWS THE TIME to do that! And there are just far too many POC characters going to waste quite frankly.

This new direction is about Mutants, not just X-men. So let's see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    I always thought Karma was sidelined because she was from that FF Annual and Claremont didn’t want her, but he bloody wrote that too. Guess it was really that her power is problematic to write, but that team just got whiter and blonder as it went.

/off topic
    I don't know why her Powers get nerfed....I mean she totally owned Dafuq outta nekkid Wolverine
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I don't know why her Powers get nerfed....I mean she totally owned Dafuq outta nekkid Wolverine
    That was her best costume too.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    That was her best costume too.
    And hairstyle
    I really wish she had a more Karmatic powerset... it'd definitely upp her Battle usefulness
    GrindrStone(D)

Karma is boring, thats why she never had anything to do in the original series except look after her two siblings. Plus she was too old and never quite fit in with the group. They felt like kids and she felt like a grown single mother of two

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Costumes nowadays seem to do away with ethnic identifiers more often than not, as with the yin-yang on Karma's chest there. Aero and Sword-Master on "Agents of Atlas" don't.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

she looks so cute in green. the yellow and blue/black costumes in general are soo tired. off topic though lol

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Karma is boring, thats why she never had anything to do in the original series except look after her two siblings. Plus she was too old and never quite fit in with the group. They felt like kids and she felt like a grown single mother of two
    Well get siblings were never around not sure how she coulda been read as a single mother. I'd say Karma is more interesting than boom boom who's poor Lil white trash girl doesn't fit when you're living in a Mansion
    Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    Costumes nowadays seem to do away with ethnic identifiers more often than not, as with the yin-yang on Karma's chest there. Aero and Sword-Master on "Agents of Atlas" don't.
    Errr karma is Vietnamese ying yang symbol is Chinese. But that's what I'm talking about her name....the sigil on her costume you'd think they woulda grown her powers in a way that.... the worst a person is...the more damage 'Karma' can do
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    It just takes me the **** out of the "New Direction" mandate when I see the same old faces getting used across multiple books.

Like, **** off Emma, Logan, Scott, Jean, Kitty, Psylocke, et al.

Like I certainly DO NOT want some sappy ass fan service book cheaply pandered together where a writer just ends up trolling POC characters because there's a clamor for them. I had enough of that bullshit in the 2000's and it was so fuckin trite that I stopped not only buying, but supporting the industry as a cultural medium in general- especially the big 2.

But when you've got the opportunity to actually radically put your whole ass into a new direction, a new world, with characters who represent a spectrum of readership and who may be templates for a kind of character that perhaps you've always wanted to experiment with, then NOWS THE TIME to do that! And there are just far too many POC characters going to waste quite frankly.

This new direction is about Mutants, not just X-men. So let's see it.
    I mean I kind of agree with the with the spirit of what you're saying is.

But realistically no one would read those books and they would Crash and Burn sales-wise. Thus endeth the new direction.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Well get siblings were never around not sure how she coulda been read as a single mother. I'd say Karma is more interesting than boom boom who's poor Lil white trash girl doesn't fit when you're living in a Mansion
    excuse me why are we pinning women against each other ??? Nah im jk people just think Karma’s boring because she’s consistently sidelined and not omega lol. boom boom’s interesting bc she doesn’t “fit” imo at least
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    the fact that she stands out like that makes her interesting to me lol. Nobody writing her is interested enough in her as a character to try anything new or fresh and that’s why she’s gets the rep she has

You know who's boring? Jean when Morrison isn't writing her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    You know who's boring? Jean when Morrison isn't writing her.
    Preach ♡
    Also what is your zodiac sign?

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Preach ♡
    Also what is your zodiac sign?
    Pisces. I'm probably drinking with Boom-Boom right now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Pisces. I'm probably drinking with Boom-Boom right now.
    Unffff thats the Oscar Isaac sign. Drink with me instead I dont spill my whiskey and I know fashion tuck 2 - 0 tabby