Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

On the fence about this one, the cast is pretty rough.

I never thought I'd say this, but if this book had to include a Summers I think I would prefer Vulcan over Havok.

BANNED

Everything is better sans Havok. But I hope Empath makes him his boytoy its the fresh development he needs. Remember when Havok was as prone to mind control as Polaris. Me neither.

Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    Kinda seems like Hellions should be Marauders and Marauders should Hellions.

I'll try it out for Sinister and Psylocke but a bit disappointed it's not Gillen writing a Sinister book.
    Exactly my same thought! This should be Marauders and Marauders could be Hellions.

BANNED

Lmao Storm fandom would have collectively shat a brick if she was in a team called Hellions run by Emma and she wasnt even field leader. Now I wish itd had happened.

Fantastic Member

Stop being such bad stereotypes; when Grant Morrison wrote you off as a bunch of angry queens, I’m starting to agree. Fandom is killing my inner fan and I’ve had enough.

Everyone said the same about Fallen Angels. And look at the reception of issue 1. They’ve given us a fresh start, fully deserved; how about give it a chance to see how it works?

It may be a total train wreck, but lord is this a fascinating development.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    https://twitter.com/bryanedwardhill/...21631653724160

Which means this replaces it. Laura, Nathan, Paige and Roxy need a new home then.
    Dam it, I hope Laura's gets a home in vita or leah's book, or at least become a cast member for x force or wolverine

BANNED

Aw man...

I mean, on the one hand, I guess that's better than a hiatus; if the ending sticks the landing then it'll be happy...(but why does everything I seem to love end??)

On the other...Laura. I bought this for her. I know she'll be in Wolverine in Feb, but man...here's hoping she stakes a claim somewhere else soon!

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I think it's the worst team I've seen in my life and I wish I could exaggerate.
    Not even close. X-Men Red just a year ago.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Casting is inspired. Orphan Maker, Scalphunter and Wild Child? Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Another book of mutants that are white folks, written by a white guy. Really nothing different or exceptional here. All the mutants to choose from, and it's just a whole lot more of the same. These books are fated to go right back stale state that Hickman found them.
    Psylocke/Kwannon is Japanese and Scalphunter is of the Comanche Tribe (Native American). Could be better...but not entirely 'white'
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

I'm interested......if even 90% of that interest is Sinister and "Psylocke" given their interactions in Fallen Angels. But the entire cast as a whole is beyond random.

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post
    Psylocke/Kwannon is Japanese and Scalphunter is of the Comanche Tribe (Native American). Could be better...but not entirely 'white'
    It's better than X-Force...

Quote Originally Posted by Park Slope Pixie View Post
    Casting is inspired. Orphan Maker, Scalphunter and Wild Child? Yes.
    Agreed - This I'm interested in because it's such a wild mix of characters.

Interested to see the interactions between Wild Child + Nanny & Orphan Maker.

Psylocke and Sinister are building some sort of rapport and relationship in Fallen Angels.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post
    I dont thin Empath is white either. But since hes a skeevy rapist not ideally where you go to for good representation. It should have been Jetstream dammit.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    It's better than X-Force...
    Right! I believe Cecilia was featured for a few panels but that was it...everyone else on that book is White and Hetero

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    I dont thin Empath is white either. But since hes a skeevy rapist not ideally where you go to for good representation. It should have been Jetstream dammit.
    Technically he is - he is Spanish from Spain. So he is 'White' because he is European but is Hispanic. He's usually depicted with light brown almost blonde hair. However I did like that they darkened him up a bit when he was under Madelyn Pryor's spell.