Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637 LastLast

Black characters all need more love on X-offices

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I don't think anyone has made that distinction tho?
    We definitely have. I’m pretty sure we’ve both gotten into arguments in threads like that.
    Last edited by Tycon; 12-08-2019 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    WildHeart is a revelation. Give him heels and let him be the Emma of this team. Empath is already the 90's Psylocke.
    There is nothing classy or camp about Wildchild. When it comes to being the Emma of the team, he needs to get in line.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    So does Maggott not count?
    He's a straight-haired African who turns blue when he uses his powers. It's a toss up. It's almost like whoever created him didn't want readers to think of Maggot as black.

Anyways...on the diversity front, I miss Greystone, Fixx, and Archer. I believe that Greystone was Maori. There aren't that many Polynesian mutants.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Maggott can switch back and forth between his blue skinned form. It's like how Warren can turn into Archangel, Monet can turn into Penance or Sunspot can power up.

There's potential there for him to be visible as a black man, unfortunately in his few appearances since coming back to life he's only been shown blue skinned.
    It's more disappointing that he's been written as some kind of altruistic hero type made of steel will. Maggott is the Gambit of the early 2000's, he deserves some flamboyance as originally written!

Honestly it's disgusting that Frenzy isn't in this!!! This is completely her premise!
    Frenzy, WildChild, and Empath??? Total sex.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    He's a straight-haired African who turns blue when he uses his powers. It's a toss up. It's almost like whoever created him didn't want readers to think of Maggot as black.
    Yep. Similar with Darwin. He may not have been created as a Black Hispanic (or Latino) man, but when someone did establish him as black, they screwed up. lol Because now the character is very racist.

Overall, the X-Office could use some improvement with the minority representation.

There is nothing classy or camp about Wildchild. When it comes to being the Emma of the team, he needs to get in line.
    wildHeart was a unification of his sexual disparities. The leather, the corsets, the face like Sarah Jessica Parker bleached stark white and hair like Albion-At best, he's like the lost Wyngarde sibling.

double post

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    Honestly it's disgusting that Frenzy isn't in this!!! This is completely her premise!
    Frenzy, WildChild, and Empath??? Total sex.
    I fully expect the cast to be rotating. It has a suicide squad vibe to it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Overall, the X-Office could use some improvement with the minority representation.
    That means getting backbone and stop letting youtube trolls who don't buy or support comics tell you what to do.

Yes it's a HUGE sign that once all those nasty POC lead books were gone and marginalizing various POC along the way (hi Storm), books like Immortal Hulk & even Carol Danvers improved in sales, reviews and sudden you could talk about marvel without threads being derailed.

The trolls vanished.

Nobody noticed those trolls never went after all the OTHER companies with POC as leads? Some that are doing what those trolls claimed Marvel did-despite the fact they never red them.

A book called Kick Azz with a black woman as the lead will have more solo issues than any black female lead book between the big two not named Moon Girl. Who will NOT have her movie or tv show.
    A book starring a black guy called Rivers of London is on it's 7th trade. Miles, Panther & Cage can boast more.

Why does it seem like Marvel would pander to trolls who don't support them? Black Panther & Miles opened the door for minority representation.

I could careless about a 50 issue Synch run-give me 6 good issues and call it a day.

Stop overexposing guys like Emma & Logan-because all their books do are pack BINS in the long run. Emma need one GREAT book not 5 mediocre ones.

Because folks are noting the lack of minorities in meaningful roles. Don't have them go to Image or vault to get it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Yes, god, I get it. I’m black. My problem is that this discussion always centers on men instead of a broader attempt to include more black men, women, and non-binary mutants. Almost reminds me of a hotep movement. It is embedded anti-blackness (whether it’s explicit or implicit bias will probably be up to you) that has kept the number of black men that low for this long. It’s a problem that should never stop being talked about. But then again, I’ve involved myself in conversation like this where they were only concerned with “straight black male” representation. Hopefully you can see why that’s super shitty.

If you look at my posts, I have never just said straight Black men need to be represented. Where is that in what I said... I more than understand that queer black, non binary Black and Black women are not also not represented. I merely stated and focused in on the issue of Black Male representation within X men.

Furthermore, I always in addition to asking for Synch, have always wanted Monet, Tempo, Sway, Risque, Prodigy, Warpath, Karma , Shola, Hub, Neal Sharra, Hijack and many other characters of color to be featured in the books.However sometimes honing in on one issues gives you the ability to connect it to larger structural and systematic issues.

Mighty Member

Anyways...on the diversity front, I miss Greystone, Fixx, and Archer. I believe that Greystone was Maori. There aren't that many Polynesian mutants.
    Greystone took over the body of a Black guy.. the only Polynesian mutant I can think of is Mondo..

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    Greystone took over the body of a Black guy.. the only Polynesian mutant I can think of is Mondo..
    Loa...right?
    GrindrStone(D)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Loa...right?
    Oh I forget about that.. She looks so white washed that I am like.. is she Hawaiian or just from there lol.