Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Whatttt Hellions with no HELLION? AND NO FROST HUGGING CHILDREN?

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

I've read Hellions roster on fanfic that flows better than that. Then again, dysfunction does seem to be sort of the point. Maybe this is just a "search for the next surprise hit character" title like somebody said. Nanny I'm not voting for at least.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    I've read Hellions roster on fanfic that flows better than that. Then again, dysfunction does seem to be sort of the point. Maybe this is just a "search for the next surprise hit character" title like somebody said. Nanny I'm not voting for at least.
    I wonder if they'll get her out of the egg armor, maybe resurrect her and upgrade the armor. The armor is iconic for her tho

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    How exactly is this flowing?
    You haven't heard anything about what this is about or any page from the comic yet.

I'll give the first issue a shot. I like Wells' New Mutants all right, and I'm curious to see what version of Wild Child this book is playing with.

Outside of Nanny/Orphan Maker and Sinister/Scalphunter (and I guess Alex to a lesser degree), these characters have like no connection to each other. I wonder what the premise of this title is and what brings them all together. I thought Red's lineup was random but this is even more so

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Outside of Nanny/Orphan Maker and Sinister/Scalphunter (and I guess Alex to a lesser degree), these characters have like no connection to each other. I wonder what the premise of this title is and what brings them all together. I thought Red's lineup was random but this is even more so
    I'm thinking Havok is tasked of rescuing mutant children/collecting their DNA for the catalogue by Sinister. It could work, a bit.

BANNED

It’s a crazy lineup. I’m digging it. Maybe Psylocke can bad mommy Manuel.

And yes, I prefer them digging into the weirdos and villains. I can’t imagine being more bored with a book that has “staples” like Rogue, Gambit, etc. again. (Excalibur made some choices) Many staple characters are plain tired atm.
    Last edited by powerpax; 12-06-2019 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    It’s a crazy lineup. I’m digging it. Maybe Psylocke can bad mommy Manuel.
    if she doesn't, i'm sure that Scalphunter will. it's weird to see him without his gal pal.

BANNED

Also: that marvel.com link 404’d.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Also: that marvel.com link 404’d.
    Earlier this year, Jonathan Hickman revitalized the X-Men franchise in HOUSE OF X and POWERS OF X, ushering in a new age of stories for mutantkind. Dawn of X kept the momentum going with six exciting launches, each exploring the X-Men’s new status quo in distinct ways, and this March, this bold era continues with the most unexpected lineup ever seen in an X-Men title… Introducing the new HELLIONS!

When the X-Men invited all mutants to Krakoa, they meant ALL mutants, even forgiving the past sins of some of their fiercest enemies. Chief among them was Mister Sinister who now tasks himself with finding purpose for mutantkind’s most dangerous outcasts: Wild Child, Nanny, Orphan Maker, Empath, and Scalphunter! Also on hand to do Sinister’s dirty work will be X-Men favorites Psylocke and Havok! Will they be able keep these murderous baddies in line or will the team’s deadly missions have them succumb to their own sinister natures?

Taking us along for this twisted ride will be writer Zeb Wells (AMAZING SPIDER-MAN, NEW MUTANTS). No stranger to dark humor and in-depth character studies, Zeb is the perfect guide into the unhinged minds that round out this cast. “I can't believe I get a chance to play in the sandbox Jonathan Hickman and company have so brilliantly created,” says Wells. “For my money it's the most exciting game in town and I can't wait to let this merry band of psychopaths loose in it.”

Joining him on this journey will be artist Stephen Segovia, who’s made a name for himself in high octane books like CONTAGION and SUPERIOR CARNAGE. "I am HUGE fan of Zeb Wells' work. The moment I read his HELLIONS pitch, I was blown away,” says Segovia. “It's a new level of mutant stories and I was overjoyed and pumped to begin drawing it immediately. I can't wait for you guys to see the magic we're cooking up and I promise you'll enjoy the ride!"

If you think the book’s lineup is shocking, you ain’t seen nothing yet! Brace yourselves for more jaw dropping revelations and twists when HELLIONS #1 hit stands in March 2020!
    ............. .

Astonishing Member

According to Hill this it evolves out of FA

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    Finally, Empath is back.
    Doing my happy dance (looks really silly)
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Mighty Member

I’d be interested in seeing the fallout of Empath trying to manipulate Psylocke. He might lose his head.

Also, it’s interesting them saying Psylocke will be helping to keep them in check. THIS Psylocke we have no real idea about. Kwannon was an assassin, so I could see her falling in with them at times.

What a disappointment of a team with this last reveal... They could have used Sabretooth instead of Wild Child.
    I wanted a book with more obscure characters, they deserve spotlight too, and seeing only the regular characters can be tiring, but this team is a bit underwhelming. But like always I will give it a shot to see what this is about.