Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    Oh I forget about that.. She looks so white washed that I am like.. is she Hawaiian or just from there lol.
    She's half haole

So she looks.....Washed Out?
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...N8ZFOD4xbU2nov
    artworks-000008472090-yvyg85-t500x500.jpg
    Last edited by BroHomo; 12-09-2019 at 01:06 AM. Reason: High joke lol
    GrindrStone(D)

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

This isn't the Minority Displacement Thread.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    Greystone took over the body of a Black guy.. the only Polynesian mutant I can think of is Mondo..
    huh? pretty sure that he took over the body of a white guy. guy is most certainly a non-white new zealander. he's got the facial tattoos and everything.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Devli...e_(Earth-1191)
    ^

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Woo! Let’s clap it up for 2/8 being POC

Hey, this would have been the perfect team to have more diversity put into it (I don't dislike Wildchild, but his spot could have been taken by Synch or Skin), but we should at least remember that neither Psylocke nor Scalphunter are white.

The problem with the X-Men I think is less the fact that they haven't introduced POC and more that none of them have been allowed to became main characters in the narrative. Synch had loads of potential, but Ellis decided to get rid of him to up the stakes of his run (I have never been a fun of his x-runs, especially his treatment of poc in his stories). I am a fan of the New Mutants, for example, because all of the characters were allowed to develop equally and have equal screen time.

Quote Originally Posted by Technopriest View Post
    The problem with the X-Men I think is less the fact that they haven't introduced POC and more that none of them have been allowed to became main characters in the narrative. Synch had loads of potential, but Ellis decided to get rid of him to up the stakes of his run (I have never been a fun of his x-runs, especially his treatment of poc in his stories). I am a fan of the New Mutants, for example, because all of the characters were allowed to develop equally and have equal screen time.
    Karma gets put on a bus every other writer

BANNED

Hey, this would have been the perfect team to have more diversity put into it (I don't dislike Wildchild, but his spot could have been taken by Synch or Skin), but we should at least remember that neither Psylocke nor Scalphunter are white.
    Synch and Skin don’t make much sense here, given the premise, but Frenzy does. Gorgon does. Kamikaze and Tempo do. There’s no excuse. Writers shouldn’t be forced to use any characters that don’t interest them, but if they are only interested or even mostly interested in writing white characters, THEY ARE NOT RIGHT FOR THE JOB.

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    Synch and Skin don’t make much sense here, given the premise, but Frenzy does. Gorgon does. Kamikaze and Tempo do. There’s no excuse. Writers shouldn’t be forced to use any characters that don’t interest them, but if they are only interested or even mostly interested in writing white characters, THEY ARE NOT RIGHT FOR THE JOB.
    Sincerely, most characters can be made to work within the premise of a series, but you are right that there are other characters that can work in this team. I really doubt that there was a tremendous push to include Wildchild, for example, in this series, same with Orphan Maker or Nanny. Frenzy, Tempo, etc could have been included just as easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Karma gets put on a bus every other writer
    I was taking about the original series, but hey, at least she has been a part of the last 2 incarnations of the team as well, which is more than can be said of the majority of other characters.

BANNED

Sincerely, most characters can be made to work within the premise of a series, but you are right that there are other characters that can work in this team. I really doubt that there was a tremendous push to include Wildchild, for example, in this series, same with Orphan Maker or Nanny. Frenzy, Tempo, etc could have been included just as easily.
    You’re right, of course. My point is you don’t even have to stretch to find suitable characters of color. There just isn’t a valid excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    You’re right, of course. My point is you don’t even have to stretch to find suitable characters of color. There just isn’t a valid excuse.
    Oh, I agree with you, that's why I said that I don't understand the inclusion of characters like Wildchild, Nanny or the Orphan Maker, when there are other characters of color that can be included in this team and be pushed. At this point is not even valid to said that other characters where chosen because of popularity.
    Last edited by Technopriest; 12-11-2019 at 06:47 PM.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Black characters all need more love on X-offices
    BIG FACTS! It makes no damn since that Storm, Bishop, and Sunspot are the only black characters being used in the X-Books right now. Put Frenzy, Monet, Synch, Triage, Gentle, Prodigy, Bedlam in a decent X-Book asap
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

I was taking about the original series, but hey, at least she has been a part of the last 2 incarnations of the team as well, which is more than can be said of the majority of other characters.
    Claremont was the first one to put Karma on a bus. And she kept dipping in and out of the book afterwards

And she was the secret antagonist of the last incarnation of the team

Based one what, exactly?

That it will be a team in a comic book being published?

While I guess I can see wanting more of certain things that are not happening in these titles, people(as far as I can tell) couldn't tell me the first thing about this title past "Title's Name"/"Title's Writer"/"Title's Artist"/"Title's Main Characters".

Accepting that actual reality, the idea that you could just plug character "X"/"Y"/"Z" into those slots seems a little iffy. Could the title wind up being one where you could have? Sure. Does anyone know that in the here and now? Heck no.

Half of the guesses for who would be in the title were no where near correct. Never mind folks having some sort of an "In" on what could or could not be swapped out of it without consequence.

There is already a post/thread on male X-Men of color

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...k+male+mutants