Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I thought there was a ton of untapped potential with those two weird-ass characters. I’m surprised if Nanny is a mutant though - I thought she was a human scientist. (Yes, I just saw the page from X-Factor)
    Nanny is a mutant, she is a low level telepath who uses some kind of dust effect to amplify her ability to control people.

She was a scientist who was working on cybernetic project that she thought was going to help people with physical disorders, but then she found out that the program was designing cybernetic weapons to use against mutants and when she challenged the management about it, they knocked her out and installed her inside one of the experimental cybernetic devices and locked her in. She can still use her powers, but she is unable to get out of the cybernetic casing, possibly because they may have amputated her or worse when the put her inside it.

I am actually curious of Nanny and Orphan Maker were to die and then go through the resurrection process, it would be interesting to see them both restored to their original bodies. Peter is a very powerful Omega level mutant whose powers are very destructive. It's possible he is a reality alteror like Proteus and Jamie. Sinister was going to kill Peter, but then Nanny rescued him, and de-aged him to make his abilities stable and then put him in the armor to both protect Peter and to help Peter control his powers. It's possible that Peter actually powers the Orphan Maker armor with his own powers.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Ugh see now characters are already overlapping and that shouldn't be the case. It makes me less excited for the direction of the books if it's gonna get reduced to the same 12 characters again. Where's Dazzler? Where's Frenzy? Where's M or Polaris? Psylocke again?????

All-New Member

Anyone else really wishing that this book will be called the Eggs-Men?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I am loving the entire new direction of the books. And seriously what is up with Apocalypse, I feel like I should hate him, but at the same time he's been so awesome, charismatic, and compelling that I am starting to love having him as an ongoing character in the X-franchise. Seriously Jonathan Hickman you are making me fall absolutely in love with X-villains!
    I totally agree. There a lot of characters with decades long grudges and beef with one another. I doubt they could simply forgive and forget in the name of Krakoa. It’s fascinating that the Summers clan are coexisting with Sinister and Apocalypse after all the suffering and manipulations they have endure for most of their lifetime. Cable and Rachel spending a good chunk of their life fighting Apocalypse and today live under the same banner. I wonder if the resurrections are not necessary the most updated version of the characters just because some of the act like the older versions of their characters. Still makes for good stories so rock-on!!!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Orphan Maker is totally another Summers brother. Rescued from Mister Sinister as a kid + decked out in optic blast-defecting armor that retarded the development of his powers (scott and alex both had to wear man made devices to keep their powers in check).

#TeamPeteSummers
    I was thinking more along the lines Orphan-Maker is Havok's son with Madelyne Pryor conceived during his time as The Goblin Queen.

Im back to not caring at all.

BANNED

This book just keeps getting sexier.

BANNED

Happy for frump. They said **** Maggott rights.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Im back to not caring at all.

Even this book has better art than X-men.

Do I admit Scalphunter is a very sexy man with a job? Yes. Next question.

Quote Originally Posted by Npresh24 View Post
    I was thinking more along the lines Orphan-Maker is Havok's son with Madelyne Pryor conceived during his time as The Goblin Queen.
    That timeline doesn’t work I’m afraid.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Happy for frump. They said **** Maggott rights.
    <3
    Im happy for Mike Carey because Scalphunter is his favorite Marauder. Me Ive waited years for Sinister to be in an ongoing book. Now Im really invested in Jetstream being the last guy so I can have that sexy moroccan representation.
    Last edited by tuck frump; 12-05-2019 at 10:16 AM.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

So this is NOT X-Corp right?
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

We already knew it was Sinister, but still. Sinister = instant buy.

Not enough women to be a proper X-Team.

Anyway, that last guy better be Jetstream.