Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast
Results 466 to 480 of 549
  1. #466
    Astonishing Member BroHomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Technopriest View Post
    Do you have a particular ethnic group in mind? Because Psylocke is Japanese, and Scalphunter is Native American. I am all for representation, but be careful of dismissing one particular group because another one that you want represented is not there. For some reason I see it happening a lot in these boards.
    Errrr I woulda like to see more melanin in the announced books. This cast does a pisspoor job of reppin tbh... very doubtful that the posters doing the 'dismissing' are advocating the replacement of one ethnic char for another
    GrindrStone(D)

  2. #467
    Fantastic Member DAHX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Woo! Letís clap it up for 2/8 being POC

    And 2 out of 8 are females as well! So it's supposed to be enough to stop the complaints I guess...?

  3. #468
    Extraordinary Member spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    9,851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    And 2 out of 8 are females as well! So it's supposed to be enough to stop the complaints I guess...?
    At least better than rosenberg astonishing that only had one woman.

    but yeah, needed more diversity
    Last edited by spirit2011; 12-07-2019 at 01:15 PM.

  4. #469
    Ultimate Member Tycon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    11,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    And 2 out of 8 are females as well! So it's supposed to be enough to stop the complaints I guess...?
    Even better, one of the two women on the team is the woman of color!!! Isn’t that so diverse and cool?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??

  5. #470
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Disappointing. Only one (barely clothed) female on the team and we get Wildchild and Empath?
    Ironically, the Marauders name would make more sense for this team and Hellions would make more sense for Duggan's book (which heavily features the Hellfire Club).
    Sometimes I don't get X-editor logic.
    Only if you completely disregard the English language. Marauders is much more appropriate for a book about pseudo-pirates and Hellions for a book about troublemakers.

  6. #471
    Extraordinary Member spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    9,851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    It happens with unpopular characters that writers don't care about. You use them to hype other characters & take hits.

    Maybe this book eill be good & feature character development. In which case, Jobber is allergic to that given he never gets any in canon stories. Lol

    Though X-twitter is showing that Wild Child is so unknown, fans are looking right at him & calling him Jobber. Lol

    Wild Child has been gone a while, but I think that's the point. All the cast consist of characters that were MIA for years. So they're playing with older toys. Jobbertooth has arguably been around too much already. So he may be on his 10 year hiatus. Which is good imo. Leave that ship at the bottom of the ocean unless someone is ready to actually fix it.
    This kind aof thing even happened to Laura over Fallen Angels. no one is safe

  7. #472
    Astonishing Member mugiwara's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,067

    Default

    I would be all for replacing Havok, Wild Child and Empath with la Bandera, Daken and Jetstream for more representation.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

  8. #473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    Only if you completely disregard the English language. Marauders is much more appropriate for a book about pseudo-pirates and Hellions for a book about troublemakers.
    I think you could make the argument either way, tbh, especially with the history of each name has with the X-Men - the Hellfire club playing such a heavy part in the pirate book and Sinister and Scalphunter over in the villains book. But I'd come down on the side of "hellion" being more appropriate for Wells' book because it also carries the connotation of someone who (usually because of youth or immaturity) hasn't gotten past their troublemaking ways and come into their own yet. Havok and Psylocke are often still in the shadows of their better-known counterparts, while the villains have a chance to leave their old ways behind and be part of something bigger.

    This Week's Comics: Dragon Age: Blue Wraith #1, Niobe: She Is Death #1, James Bond #2

  9. #474
    Fantastic Member DAHX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Even better, one of the two women on the team is the woman of color!!! Isnít that so diverse and cool?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??
    aaah, you're right!! It was two birds with one stone then! Two different types of diversity in one single character!

  10. #475
    Astonishing Member CoCoBandz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Some bag...
    Posts
    2,451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    I would be all for replacing Havok, Wild Child and Empath with la Bandera, Daken and Jetstream for more representation.
    All for it, but if anything you don't even have to replace Havok just getting rid of him is enough...

  11. #476
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I think you could make the argument either way, tbh, especially with the history of each name has with the X-Men - the Hellfire club playing such a heavy part in the pirate book and Sinister and Scalphunter over in the villains book. But I'd come down on the side of "hellion" being more appropriate for Wells' book because it also carries the connotation of someone who (usually because of youth or immaturity) hasn't gotten past their troublemaking ways and come into their own yet. Havok and Psylocke are often still in the shadows of their better-known counterparts, while the villains have a chance to leave their old ways behind and be part of something bigger.
    I’d say the other argument is very insular and caters to existing fans only. It’s much better branding when the titles actually describe or suggest what the books are about in a way that is more easily understood by a broader audience.

  12. #477
    Mighty Member dkrook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Even better, one of the two women on the team is the woman of color!!! Isn’t that so diverse and cool?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??
    If you follow what is was saying, I said African American male mutants!?! This poc label has become a very clever way to dismiss away the inclusion of black males. Something this X-office editors and writers are illustrating to perfection.

  13. #478

    Default

    If we're getting rid of anyone, it should be Wildchild. Why did they bother to resurrect him? He's Sabretooth-lite and maybe not a mutant. Catseye > Wildchild
    "I just don't get why you wouldn't want to break the law anymore" --Scorpia

  14. #479

    Default

    **Kidogo**
    "I just don't get why you wouldn't want to break the law anymore" --Scorpia

  15. #480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    If we're getting rid of anyone, it should be Wildchild. Why did they bother to resurrect him? He's Sabretooth-lite and maybe not a mutant. Catseye > Wildchild
    I wouldn't mind if Gibney reverted to his pre-Wildheart characterization. The Weapon X-era dogboy stuff was pretty unappealing.

    This Week's Comics: Dragon Age: Blue Wraith #1, Niobe: She Is Death #1, James Bond #2

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •