Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Empath and Wild Child have been in limbo for more than a decade, Empath since Bastion attacked Utopia and Wild Child since the original Wolverine Romulus story.
    Most of the team is outsiders that have been in limbo for a long time, and are neither heroic nor fully evil. Even Psylocke (as Kwannon) could be put in that group.
    I like these because I like the idea of mutantkind and its broad universe, not everything has to be about the same old xmen playing softball. and the writer probably won't have too much editorial meddling.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Lawd ha' Mercy!!!
    Some X-fans (and I use the term very loosely here as they don't see to be fans of much) will find anything about which to complain.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Lawd ha' Mercy!!!
    Some X-fans (and I use the term very loosely here as they don't see to be fans of much) will find anything about which to complain.
    Agreed, and so many so called fans have such a low bar for the standard of quality creative writing.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Again, thanks for the correction. So this X-office is pitching an 0-fer in making, and writing a single African American male mutant into a character of significance to occupy a spot on a team like this one even.
    The writers (at least Leah & Vita) see it's an issue. Right now that falls on editorial. Because they are the ones that greenlight everything.

And if Colossus keeps getting denied a mini or solo with writer actively pitching-what chance do any black males have.

Lawd ha' Mercy!!!
    I think the gripe is they bought back so many fan favorites and are doing nothing with them. Instead it's the same crap new package of the same x number of folks being passed around from one book to another.

With many seeing through that and bypassing the books. I have been to stores where there are sales even as low as a DOLLAR on books and NOBODY is touching them. Oh don't worry DC had the same thing for anything not named variant movie cover of DC Deceased.

Why bring back guys like Synch and do NOTHING with him? Now would be the time to use rosters of guys and not just the same 4. Do some minis or something.

I mean putting Emma in every book is NOT going to get me to spend money with you. It will send me to other companies.

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post
    This is something that has bothered me for a while as well. The sad part is when I do try to think of more Black Male Mutants most of them have been killed off or lost their powers
    -Prodigy
    -Synch
    -Maggot
    -Bedlam
    -Gentle
    -Tag
    -Shatter
    -Shola Inkose

I would love to see Bedlam, Synch and Shatter come back and get some serious development tbh.

Edit: However now with the new resurrections they can/or have come back, so they should be up for grabs to use!
    SHOLA!

I really liked him in the pre-House of M Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Lawd ha' Mercy!!!
    Oh no! How dare people not like the same things you do!

There's TONS of fan favorite characters people have been begging to have back in books for ages, even more now that they finally brought back others. But do we get them? Nope. We get a mix of characters already featuring heavily elsewhere and a bunch of villains no one asked for. Not being pleased with the book doesn't mean someone isn't a fan.

From Philly but currently living iin San Francisco.

Tike Alicar-Anarchist
    Darian Elliott-Spike

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    I’m in for Psylocke, but there are so many other characters I would have preferred. Was really hoping for Feral
    Me too sadly...i like the idea of the book, the artist and most of the cast. Havok, Psylocke, Mr. Sinister, Nanny and Empath get me excited. The other 3 dudes...not so much.

If done well, this could potentially be as good as Uncanny X-Force. Don't know why but I have a feeling...
    Last edited by MentalManipulator; 12-06-2019 at 06:08 PM.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Astonishing Member

Speaking of vita and leah, hickman announced they had xbooks when wave 1 was announced why is it taking so long to reveal them

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

OMG this team is pure trash
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

BANNED

Imagine not being excited about Nanny. I don’t understand any of you.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Oh **** wild child and Empath??!????! Holy **** Kyle Gibney as the GNC fetish prince and Empath as his bestie ferish princessa are gonna **** my life up. This should have been Dazzler or Frenzy. Psylocke is over used.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Imagine not being excited about Nanny. I don’t understand any of you.
    Yep.

This feels like it will essentially be Sinister firing up the "OG Marauders..." sort of a team in the aftermath of Xavier having been murdered in a mutant homeland.

I can't grasp folks not, at the very least, being interested in what the title might wind up being.

10- 1 bet this is gonna be Nanny slutshaming Psylocke like round the clock.

I like that Empath is the femme fatale of this team