Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

what if nanny's only in the book so she can become soft af and then someone can make a hard-boiled joke
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    The woman jumping is probably Not Feral has different hair so my bet is Thornn or Catseye (wishful thinking).
    Doesn't Thornn and Catseye both have prehensile tales which this character doesn't seem to have?

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Well I'm upset because this surely means Fallen Angels won't go beyond issue 6. The haters win again....

Not jazzed about Havok + Kwannon like some others already said, not horrible exactly but just... meh. Still need to know the premise for this squad before I can judge if the lineup is sensible. But yeah, Sinister on a team is a plus if it is him. Orphan and Nanny Maker are EXTREMELY obscure characters that basically nobody cares about, so those are weird choices for sure if they're on this. And it's really hard to understand any coherent theme here honestly. Is this X-Corp or something else?
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Doesn't Thornn and Catseye both have prehensile tales which this character doesn't seem to have?
    Yuuuup!!!
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Well I'm upset because this surely means Fallen Angels won't go beyond issue 6. The haters win again....
    I don’t understand this comment. What haters and how did they win? The writer got a film/tv gig so the series was going on hiatus no matter what.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    I don’t understand this comment. What haters and how did they win? The writer got a film/tv gig so the series was going on hiatus no matter what.
    The book has had many haters sadly. They didn't win in the sense they are the reason it's going away, but it going away lets them feel vindicated or something perhaps about their judgement on it. I've heard lots of comments along the lines of "who cares about these characters, rip offs of originals, book is done for" and also then we get the Laura fandom up in arms because she is being written closer to her usual instead of the more recent Taylor "Heroic with Sidekick" version
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post

Not jazzed about Havok + Kwannon like some others already said, not horrible exactly but just... meh. Still need to know the premise for this squad before I can judge if the lineup is sensible. But yeah, Sinister on a team is a plus if it is him. Orphan and Nanny Maker are EXTREMELY obscure characters that basically nobody cares about, so those are weird choices for sure if they're on this. And it's really hard to understand any coherent theme here honestly. Is this X-Corp or something else?
    I think the original tweet makes it pretty clear that the theme is a Thunderbolts/Suicide Squad-style shindig:

First up, Psylocke and Havok. Can these two keep Krakoa's troublemakers in line?
    I highly doubt this is X-Corp.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    What if it's Fallen Angels Part 2? New writer, new team, another 6 issues arc or something.
    I feel like I nailed this one! I think Fallen Angels was meant to keep same writer but I guess he got a better gig and now they had to come up with a new writer or a new book altogether.

The book has had many haters sadly.
    No. It doesn't. You can't judge the fandom by this very opinionated board that tends to turn insignificant issues into 40+ threads (if you did Wolverine wouldn't be able to maintain a solo), but this book is already well received, well reviewed, and selling great (physically and digitally). I just think what threw it off was the writer leaving.
    Last edited by RamaBird; 12-03-2019 at 06:40 PM.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Man, you are always reaching and you know what? I see you. You're enjoying all of this as much as I am!(???) It is against Krakoan law to kill humans so if they can keep her and Orphan-Maker in line, I think Nanny helping rescue mutant babies could be very interesting.
    *Persona 5 MC* Believe what you will...*/Persona 5 MC*

...as I believe what I will.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Got me there. Maybe the tail is just behind the back.

Would love for Bachalo to for the art on this.
    Last edited by blinkingblah; 12-03-2019 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    what if nanny's only in the book so she can become soft af and then someone can make a hard-boiled joke
    *dead*

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

First up, Psylocke and Havok. Can these two keep Krakoa's troublemakers in line?
    Soooo the rest of the roster are Villains. While I'm sure fans are clamoring for compelling stories involving Nanny, Orphan Maker and their Milk Toast jailor Havok. Ultimately this book seems like a waste the team of villains has been done before Suicide Squad....Thunderbolts. The X-Men has a steep history of Villains joining them.

My initial thought is this book is just an easy layup for the XOffice. A book about a group of type A personalities, varying psychosis, weird powers and bad attitudes trying to do good ? the drama practically writes itself.

But With the resurrection of Mutants past, the readers are cheated out of a book that explores the reactions/reunions that are surely happening on Krakoa. It would probably call for the writer yo do some research, and stick with the Characters continuity but I feel like that's the best part of reading a serialized story like the X-Men..

in lieu of in character reactions, and meaningful conversations that expands a characters narrative we'll probably get 2 psychos constantly bickering then become buddies, a hero/villain romance ...1 or 2 betrayals, and a selfess sacrifice.

Or I could be wrong lol
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

Lots of pre-judgey nonsense here. Speculate sure, but don't pretend you've got it all figured out already.

The art on this looks glorious! I hope the same artist is doing interiors.

Kwannon and Havok got me excited. If Feral is the other one and they're all working for Sinister, I'm hooked.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Have to say, nice frontal depiction of Kwannon/Psylocke II. Her katana stance is great too, showing her as more ninja and not just the boob-and-butt.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.