Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Nanny alone already makes this team better than half of DoX line-ups.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Nanny was the egg mutant thing that took away mutant kids from their flatscan parents, right?
    "Cable was right!"

Havok
    Feral
    SInister
    Adam X
    Nanny
    Hellion
    Maggot
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

I can easily do the research, but I love how CBR X-Fans explains things here. So, quick-- someone give me a rundown of who Nanny is!
    I like boys, comics, Disney, and traveling. // follow me @ itsnickmen
    “Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

BANNED

Can't say this is a book I'll eagerly be adding to my pull list. Looks like Land art, which I would hope is for the cover only. I don't get the impression that this would be a book Ayala or Williams would pitch and/or gravitate too. And if it's someone else then I'm terrified it'll be handed over to a sub-par writer. To make a book like this work, you'd need a solid creative team and even then it's a hard sell. I would lean towards this being a one-shot or miniseries but if that were the case they probably wouldn't make such a big deal about the classified roster.

From the identifiable silhouettes, Sinister & Rasputin are the only characters here I'm invested in. I'd much rather see them working with others like Exodus, Xorn & Monet than these dunces. I don't see why Nanny & Orphan Maker made a Dawn of X team given all the other mutants on Krakoa right now. Of all the characters up for grabs, I don't recall seeing a single reader asking for their return and/or prominence in a title. It just doesn't make sense.

I can't be entirely certain who the others are. My favourite guesses are Catseye, Maggott and Empath but I have my doubts. It's probably Feral, Gauntlet & Vulcan or something, in which case I'm checked out. We'll know for sure within the week.

Spectacular Member

I liked the idea of something completely left field. With so many ( well basically all) mutants on one team, Marvel should do some weird out of the box curveballs books. Maybe this will be some kind of suicide squad book, where almost everyone dies to get some crazy stuff done and it will be way, because they get resurrected anyway. I do hope it is a mini series though. This way every few months we get to have a different story with different characters and different crazy stuff!!

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Nanny was the egg mutant thing that took away mutant kids from their flatscan parents, right?
    Correct. And I always thought Nanny had a very interesting history.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Nanny...er)_(Earth-616)
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

I've always wanted Nanny and Orphan-Maker back, lol.

Are we thinking this might be the title that delves into resurrection?

I bet that is Emplate on the bottom.

They aren't taking Wolfsbane from New Mutants, so I'm betting Feral or Thornn. Though, it might be that guy from Generation Hope. Better NOT be Sabretooth.

Nanny and Orphan Maker for sure.

Maybe Marrow.

Don't know who the swordswoman is. Deathstrike would make the most sense, but she's not a mutant. Kitty, Captain Britain, nu-Psylocke, and Illyana are already accounted for. The only other mutant swordswoman I can think of is an obscure one-off from the Generation X issues with Paladin, and she didn't use a katana.

I'm kind of hoping the Havok headgear is a fakeout and it is really Living Monolith. I guess Mesmero would work... though I really rather he never see an X-Book again.

I hope the gun guy is NOT Deadpool.

Quote Originally Posted by Shortpack! View Post
    They aren't taking Wolfsbane from New Mutants, so I'm betting Feral or Thornn. Though, it might be that guy from Generation Hope. Better NOT be Sabretooth.
    I still think it's Native with her claws retracted.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Greg Land Art....
    Definitely him.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Can't say this is a book I'll eagerly be adding to my pull list. Looks like Land art, which I would hope is for the cover only. I don't get the impression that this would be a book Ayala or Williams would pitch and/or gravitate too. And if it's someone else then I'm terrified it'll be handed over to a sub-par writer. To make a book like this work, you'd need a solid creative team and even then it's a hard sell. I would lean towards this being a one-shot or miniseries but if that were the case they probably wouldn't make such a big deal about the classified roster.

From the identifiable silhouettes, Sinister & Rasputin are the only characters here I'm invested in. I'd much rather see them working with others like Exodus, Xorn & Monet than these dunces. I don't see why Nanny & Orphan Maker made a Dawn of X team given all the other mutants on Krakoa right now. Of all the characters up for grabs, I don't recall seeing a single reader asking for their return and/or prominence in a title. It just doesn't make sense.
    ugh dude I know right?
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

Ive never given them a second thought but thematically N&OM give opportunities for great stories in the setting of Krakoa. You have their modus operandi of abducting mutant children of human parents, OM being a super dangerous mutant with unknown powers, their history with Sinister... I cant wait to know who writes this book.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Abducting mutant children of human parents AND murdering said parents in cold blood. That was their tandem MO, Nanny AND Orphan-Maker. In theory as Krakoans they will add to the nation's population while whittling down adult flatscans numbers toward population parity. spoilers:
    Doesn't take a telepath to hear the "Oh, what a lovely idea."
    end of spoilers
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi