Extraordinary Member

Default 10 Most Important DC Stories Of The Decade

From CBR. Your thoughts on the list? And remember, there's not a lot of quality stories to choose from in this decade.

https://www.cbr.com/dc-comics-most-i...tories-decade/

10. Convergence
    9. Action Comics #1
    8. Heroes In Crisis
    7. Man Of Steel
    6. Court Of Owls
    5. Multiversity
    4. Dark Knights: Metal
    3. Doomsday Clock
    2. Flashpoint
    1. DC Rebirth #1

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    From CBR. Your thoughts on the list? And remember, there's not a lot of quality stories to choose from in this decade.

https://www.cbr.com/dc-comics-most-i...tories-decade/

10. Convergence
    9. Action Comics #1
    8. Heroes In Crisis
    7. Man Of Steel
    6. Court Of Owls
    5. Multiversity
    4. Dark Knights: Metal
    3. Doomsday Clock
    2. Flashpoint
    1. DC Rebirth #1
    Yuck! What a dreadful list. Man it has been a rough decade! Deservedly, DC Rebirth 1 takes the top spot even though it didn’t really lead to anything new. It was a much needed breath of fresh air.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Wait Convergence is important? Isn't the only relevant result from that is Jon Kent? Well, I guess that's why it's so low...

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Of those I only like Action #1 and Multiversity. Doomsday Clock is important thus far, but we need to see if the landing sticks to see if it ultimately good and will stand the test of time.

The rest range from "meh" to bad

lol !
    BB

Mighty Member

That's a weird list if we're talking about importance. Action Comics #1 and Multiversity have not been followed up on at all (even if I love both). Heroes in Crisis's only impact (so far) is a Wally West miniseries that seems to be about rehabilitating the character for what happened to him in HiC - no one is following up on how damaged our heroes are and how much they need to be healed. Convergence led to the Lois and Clark mini which led to Rebirth Superman after New 52 Superman died which led to Reborn, so . . . kind of? But wouldn't you just put Reborn or the Lois and Clark mini on there? I like Bendis's run on Superman but Man of Steel was a pretty straightforward first story by a new writer. I wouldn't say it was particularly better or worse than Jurgens or Tomasi's opening salvos.

The top four are unassailable in terms of effect on the DC Universe and comics in general.

I would think any of Darkseid War, The Button, either of Batman 24 or 50, Green Lanterns, Super Sons, or Young Justice would be better choices for 5-10 (well, Court of Owls can stay)
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

To be serious, here are my choices (for important stories, not necessarly best to read) - In no order:

• Blackest Night / Brightest Day
    • Flashpoint
    • Batman: Saga of the Owls
    • Trinity War + Forever Evil + Darkseid War
    • Shazam! New52
    • Titan Hunt + DC Univers Rebirth + Titans: Return of Wally West + Doomsday Clock
    • Batman: White Night + Curse of the White Night
    • Superman: Lois and Clark + The Final Days of Superman + Superman Reborn + Action Comics: The Oz Effect
    • Dark Knights: Metal + Justice League: No Justice
    • The Multiversity

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I would say New 52 in general just because of how it changed the status quo. Regardless of whether or not you liked it, no one can deny what it did to upend the DCU.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I would say New 52 in general just because of how it changed the status quo. Regardless of whether or not you liked it, no one can deny what it did to upend the DCU.
    Other thant Flashpoint and a mess with time. The New52 didn't change much.

The heroes are still here. The main vilains are the same. The rivalries haven't changed.
    The few hickups New52 brought were corrected with Rebirth.

The only changes I guess were every one's origin stories (Shazam!, Flahs, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Green Arrow, Batman, Superman but he's gone, Harley Quinn, ....).
    But there new origins didn't have much impact of the main plots.

In the end, nothing got revolutionized.
    The only popular hero during New52 was Batman, and Scott Snyder messed it up that in the end, not many still liked reading his ongoing.
    Superman lost all his popularity as well as The Green Lanterns and the JL was so so.

But I'll agree, some series where fun to read like Shazam!, Flash, Aquaman, Batman & Robin, and a few others.

I'd switch out Convergence for Futures End, add Batman:Eternity in there somewhere, add Darkseid War in place of something else, put in No Justice ... put Morrison's Green Lantern in there.

There is a lot I'd change about this list. Its so off.

Flashpoint (Started the continuity roller coaster)
    Future's End (Explained stuff)
    Metal (Established dark universe)
    Oz Effect (Led to re-formation of the Legion)
    Batman: Eternal (Celebrated 75th anniversary of Batman)
    Darkseid War (Felt important at the time!)
    Aquaman:Rebirth (Johns run, established a new and good status quo for Aquaman, led to a really successful movie)
    Doomsday Clock (Doing something important, I just know it!)
    Morrison Lantern (Established a Volcano-based Green Lantern)
    Bat-Cat (Not sure how to characterize this - but its important because it pissed everyone off and probably will go down in history as being infamous or famous)
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 12-02-2019 at 05:41 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post
    Other thant Flashpoint and a mess with time. The New52 didn't change much.

The heroes are still here. The main vilains are the same. The rivalries haven't changed.
    The few hickups New52 brought were corrected with Rebirth.

The only changes I guess were every one's origin stories (Shazam!, Flahs, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Green Arrow, Batman, Superman but he's gone, Harley Quinn, ....).
    But there new origins didn't have much impact of the main plots.

In the end, nothing got revolutionized.
    The only popular hero during New52 was Batman, and Scott Snyder messed it up that in the end, not many still liked reading his ongoing.
    Superman lost all his popularity as well as The Green Lanterns and the JL was so so.

But I'll agree, some series where fun to read like Shazam!, Flash, Aquaman, Batman & Robin, and a few others.
    Superman and Wonder Woman in particular got HUGE origin shifts. Yes, some characters more or less got to keep their histories but for the most part starting everything from scratch was a major difference. A lot of it, like undoing the JSA, are just now being put back into continuity. Some, like Power Girl, may never be put back.
    Assassinate Putin!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Some, like Power Girl, may never be put back.
    Which is a real shame. She's definitely one of my favorite characters.