Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Dick and his whole gen got lost in the sauce, they're in a weird limbo.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Wally West lost the most. He's not around then it's he's lost in the Speed Force. He loses his family with no chance of getting them back.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Astonishing Member

The only real argument against Wally is that he lost most everything due to Flash Rebirth, which was technically not the reboot yet.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Batman lost being entertaining and fun.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Well I'm basing it off the general mentality that they felt they needed to do COIE in part to streamline things. Of course, just looking at the Super family, they mad it worse. It's like they wanted to keep the broad strokes of continuity while adhering to the idea that Kal-El was the only ever surviving Kryptonian and never had a career as Superboy, damn the inevitable domino effects that would have. So it's like they had the intention of streamlining it but also wanted a Supergirl, so were like "Oh ****, ah...let's say Supergirl was from a pocket dimension!" and ran with it. DC's rush to avoid their past for a quick sales boost and lack of foresight has been around for a while.

I do agree about your points regarding Power Girl and Linda. The parallel reality is a bit wonky, but I think explaining that aspect of her past while explaining all the retcons that cam after are worse. I never understood how having to explain pre and post COIE histories was meant to make anything simpler, it just made things worse. And Linda would be good as a Vertigo type character completely removed from the DCU or at most on the fringes.
    I was going to say that the people who wrote Crisis didn't seem to have to worry about the Superman books themselves, and were just worried about streamlining the DCU as a whole, but... then I remembered Marv Wolfman went straight into writing Superman after Byrne's reboot, didn't he?

Ah well, I've always thought he was wrong about the multiverse, perhaps he was woefully wrong about Superman's "streamlined"ness as well.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Batman lost being entertaining and fun.
    Freaking savage, but there's definitely a sense of swashbuckling derring-do that I feel like just... vanished in Frank Miller's wake. I don't know that I'd chalk it up to the reboot, but it's a real and serious thing that happened to him.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Extraordinary Member

I always felt that Crisis of Infinite Earths should've ended with three parallel worlds remaining - Earth 1, Earth 2, and Earth 'whatever'. Earth 'whatever' could be used to tell Elseworld types of stories (I realize this happened long before the term 'elseworld' was coined, but still...). That way, most of Earth 1 & 2 history could remain intact while Earth 'whatever' could've been used to tell unique, crazy, or out-there types of stories.

But nobody from DC Comics asked me for some reason. LOL